Eric Wood

I know the knock on him has been his health. Unfortunately, his first major injury was a freak accident, which normally doesn’t happen often in the NFL. But his second major injury (last year) was a typical one. I’d love to see the Bills resign Wood, but I completely understand about needing a durable football player, especially at the Center position. Wood is a blue-collar guy, a fan favorite, and a great football player when he is healthy. But if he gets injured again this season, I doubt the Bills would try to resign him (as painful as that sounds).

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand this post at all. How is a broken leg and a busted knee, two totally unrelated injuries, a "health issue?"

A health issue is a bad knee, shoulder, ankle, etc. that keeps giving you problems. You could describe Kyle Williams and Shawne Merriman as having heakth issues. Wood's issue is more like bad luck.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Welp, luckily we have 2 more years to figure it out.

Hopefully he stays healthy this year and plays all 16 games. :thumbsup:

The man was on his way to a pro bowl season before his injury, same with Fred Jackson.

I think the drop off in overall line play after Wood was injured last season is the main reason as to why the team went downhill so fast. Huge difference between when he was in there and when he wasn't.

The Bills added depth at LT & center in this years draft in rounds 5 & 6, but who knows if those players will even make the team. Like OT Ed Wang who was selected in the 5th in 2010.

I don't understand this post at all. How is a broken leg and a busted knee, two totally unrelated injuries, a "health issue?"

A health issue is a bad knee, shoulder, ankle, etc. that keeps giving you problems. You could describe Kyle Williams and Shawne Merriman as having heakth issues. Wood's issue is more like bad luck.

PTR

+1

I know the knock on him has been his health. Unfortunately, his first major injury was a freak accident, which normally doesn’t happen often in the NFL. But his second major injury (last year) was a typical one. I’d love to see the Bills resign Wood, but I completely understand about needing a durable football player, especially at the Center position. Wood is a blue-collar guy, a fan favorite, and a great football player when he is healthy. But if he gets injured again this season, I doubt the Bills would try to resign him (as painful as that sounds).

well put!!! :thumbsup:

PTR

Eric is my favorite player. Unsung hero, and it was very evident how important he is to our offense once he went down last year. Dude has just been unlucky. Hope he can play the whole season for us this year, and continue his career as a Buffalo Bill. I like my Wood jersey.

PTR

Parrish & Bell both had injuries in different areas as well. Let's not forget about the ankle injury that cost Wood a few games either. Wood's broken leg was bad luck, no question about it. IMO, the O-line is better with Wood as the starting Center. Wood along with Fred Jackson & Stevie Johnson are my favorite players on the team, and I hope the Bills resign him. But if Wood gets injured again and misses time, do you think the Bills are going to try and extend him?

Eric is my favorite player. Unsung hero, and it was very evident how important he is to our offense once he went down last year. Dude has just been unlucky. Hope he can play the whole season for us this year, and continue his career as a Buffalo Bill. I like my Wood jersey.

+1

I think every Bills fan likes Eric, especially after he told Maybin: "Why don't you give back some of that money you haven't F@!KING earned yet!!"

At least he didn't tear a hammy opening a box of cereal, or whatever that one guy did about a month ago. I pulled a groin typing this, by the way.

Yours or somebody else?

GO BILLS!!!

PTR

+2

PTR

I agree.

Like someone said earlier, the first injury was a freak accident. The knee injury was from a cheap shot. It was on a turnover in Dallas and the play was over or nearly over and DeMarcus Ware blocked Wood in the left shoulder blade. Wood was mid stride when the block occurred and in an attempt to catch himself he extended his right leg. End of ACL. CHEAP SHOT. NO CALL. It was an unnecessary block and dirty, to boot.

Welp, luckily we have 2 more years to figure it out.

Off topic question. I've always wondered how your user name is dareustein when you signed up in '05. Did you ask the Mods to change it for you? If so, what was your name before that?

+1

I think every Bills fan likes Eric, especially after he told Maybin: "Why don't you give back some of that money you haven't F@!KING earned yet!!"

WOW... I forgot about him saying that... Damn I already loved the guy and my love is as strong as ever... Wood is good...

Off topic question. I've always wondered how your user name is dareustein when you signed up in '05. Did you ask the Mods to change it for you? If so, what was your name before that?

I follow a lot of high school football down here in the south. Been a fan of Marcel's since he was about 13 years old.

In all seriousness, we can all change our displayed screen name (I think once every 6 months) under My Settings->Change Display Name. Keep an eye out because there are a lot of name changes around this board. Only way to really track it is through avatars and signatures. lol. :thumbsup:

+1

Yep - this is the main reason I bought an Eric Wood jersey last year.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/15561/maybin-cheap-shot-fires-up-bills-o-line