Looking back on the infamous trades.

This is probably a little early since the players we got in return havent had much (or any) of a chance to prove it on the field, but on paper, Buddy made the following trade:

Lee Evans and Marshawn Lynch

for

Hairston, Ron Brooks, Tank Carder

Considering Evans's lack of production for the Ravens (I know he was injured, but regardless of the excuse, he did not produce), and the fact that he is no longer even on the team, I'd say Buddy got the best of them on that one. If Brooks can contribute at all, we've made out on the deal.

Buddy was able to trade an aged, high-priced vet on the downswing of his career, and a malcontent who is one strike away from a major suspension... for 3 very promising prospects.

What ya think?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we get back to you or do we have to say this was an awesome trade right now?

I know you want to wait so you have something to complain about. So just make something up about how the Pats would have handled it better and move on.

How about the Willis McGahee trade? I think Trent Edwards was the net result. <_<

Attempt to justify the trade of Lynch all you want, but the guy can ball and just about single-handedly won a a playoff game for the Seahawks. And how do you define 3 promising prospects? Sounds like any draft pick is a promising prospect..for 1-2 years at least. Bad trade for Nix.

Edited by Mr. Wonderful

I know you want to wait so you have something to complain about. So just make something up about how the Pats would have handled it better and move on.

No, I was just going to wait and see if these guys will be starters or subs or even make the roster this year. Is that too unreasonable or should I just post from the script?

Why would you even post this at this point in the year?

Marshawn had 1400 yards from scrimmage, 1200 rushing and 13 TDs in 15 games last year and just signed a 4 year 31 mil contract. This just in, he's good. Hairston is pretty good but a back-up tackle at this point in his career. Carder is a 5th round back-up LB with a chance to start in a couple years. I understand the Marshawn trade but one can hardly say we made out well yet.

No, I was just going to wait and see if these guys will be starters or subs or even make the roster this year. Is that too unreasonable or should I just post from the script?

Why would you even post this at this point in the year?

Then I'll refer you back the very first sentence of my post, where I acknowledge and address that. Also, there isnt exactly a whole lot happening right now in this period between the draft and camp. Best we are waiting for is OTAs and maybe some additional signing announcements. How many more comments can be made about Florence?

So if you dont want to talk about it, then dont friggin click it. My apologies to the Thread Police.

Edited by DrDareustein

I disagree with the assessment of Lynch. I don't view him as aged and on the downswing of career. He's in the prime of his career IMO. He was a force last season playing with bum qbs. He's a very good player and a much better player than he was with the Bills;

Then I'll refer you back the very first sentence of my post, where I acknowledge and address that. Also, there isnt exactly a whole lot happening right now in this period between the draft and camp. Best we are waiting for is OTAs and maybe some additional signing announcements. How many more comments can be made about Florence?

So if you dont want to talk about it, then dont friggin click it. My apologies to the Thread Police.

I think we're all at least cautiously optimistic. We don't all gush, that's all.

But you asked what we think and I think you should have reread your first sentence and bailed out of the thread. If you already acknowledge that it's too early to know anything of the value (or "infamy") of the trades, what is there to comment on?

I disagree with the assessment of Lynch. I don't view him as aged and on the downswing of career. He's in the prime of his career IMO. He was a force last season playing with bum qbs. He's a very good player and a much better player than he was with the Bills;

I believe he was referring to Evans as aged and on the downside of his career not Lynch.

How about the Willis McGahee trade? I think Trent Edwards was the net result. <_<

Attempt to justify the trade of Lynch all you want, but the guy can ball and just about single-handedly won a a playoff game for the Seahawks. And how do you define 3 promising prospects? Sounds like any draft pick is a promising prospect..for 1-2 years at least. Bad trade for Nix.

He's a gun toting, weed smoking, drunk driving, thug. I don't care what color or age you are. If you can get behind a POS like this for any reason you should be looked at by a doctor. We can only hope our kids don't grow up to idolize POS like this or we are all in trouble. It will only be a matter of time before the President is wearing Grillz.

That was about Evans, sorry if I wasnt clear. I agree with your Lynch assessment. I think Lynch has a lot left in his tank and was mis-used/under-performed during his time on the Bills. I wasn't real happy that we got rid of him, but it is working out with Freddie and CJ. Freddie and Lynch were too similar in style and it didnt make sense to keep both. Buddy kept the better back, imo (and again, I like Lynch).

Edited by DrDareustein

I think he meant that for Evans. Lynch is the malcontent one strike away from a major suspension.

Too early to judge the Lynch trade. Looks really good for Seattle right now, but the Bills are also in a good situation with Freddy and CJ and Lynch was a headache for them. Hopefully those two draft picks (Brooks and Carder) play for the Bills for at least 4-5 years each.

I think the major part that everyone seems to gloss over (including Nike since Lynch is in the new commercial) is the guy is one screwup from a year long suspension. He ran over a girl and left her in the street; was rolling around with guns and weed; and has been involved in a lot of stuff that he was lucky he wasn't arrested for. I liked him as a player but he was a pretty bad guy here and forced the Bills hand. Hopefully, he has finally matured but this guy is far from a saint.

This is probably a little early since the players we got in return havent had much (or any) of a chance to prove it on the field, but on paper, Buddy made the following trade:

Lee Evans and Marshawn Lynch

for

Hairston, Ron Brooks, Tank Carder

Considering Evans's lack of production for the Ravens (I know he was injured, but regardless of the excuse, he did not produce), and the fact that he is no longer even on the team, I'd say Buddy got the best of them on that one. If Brooks can contribute at all, we've made out on the deal.

Buddy was able to trade an aged, high-priced vet on the downswing of his career, and a malcontent who is one strike away from a major suspension... for 3 very promising prospects.

What ya think?

These weren't straight up trades, there were other circumstances involving both decisions. If Nix were simply trying to upgrade these would be looked at as very questionable, but Lee asked to be traded and did not want to play through another rebuild and Lynch wasn't content to play behind Freddie and his antics got old.

Willis was a backup in Baltimore and another one of the picks was used in the Stroud trade.

marshawn Lynch looks to be pretty productive in Seattle. Did we trade him because he could not be managed or because WE could not manage him? And then we spent our first round pick on a running back.Evans was injured a good part of last year, but may still contribute. On the other hand I didn't see any great wide receiver stand up and take his place on the Bills and we were looking for a wide receiver in the draft.

Maybe warranted trades, maybe not...but they were certainly not acts of genius.