Looking back on the infamous trades.

We also just spent our #3 draft pick on an outside speed guy with little real production to replace Lee Evans who fetched a #4 draft pick -- after a lot of fans here swore we didn't need a speed guy on the outside like Lee Evans.

To be fair -- and I know you are/were a huge proponent of what Evans did for an offense in stretching the field -- I don't think people thought we didn't need a speed guy on the outside. I think they thought Evans was no longer that guy, AND couldn't do anything else. If you listen to what Chan says about Graham, it's that they'll use him for outside speed NOW, and work on developing him into a more polished overall receiver.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We also just spent our #3 draft pick on an outside speed guy with little real production to replace Lee Evans who fetched a #4 draft pick -- after a lot of fans here swore we didn't need a speed guy on the outside like Lee Evans.

I do not think Graham is exactly the same type of guy as Evans. Evans never went over the middle.

To me it seems like Graham is kind of an in between Evans and Roscoe. He also seems like a guy that has returner abilities

To be fair -- and I know you are/were a huge proponent of what Evans did for an offense in stretching the field -- I don't think people thought we didn't need a speed guy on the outside. I think they thought Evans was no longer that guy, AND couldn't do anything else. If you listen to what Chan says about Graham, it's that they'll use him for outside speed NOW, and work on developing him into a more polished overall receiver.

This. Not saying a speed guy is a bad thing but a speed guy that can't run all the routes is not really needed. Let alone too many people claiming he's a #1 when he shouldn't have been and proved he wasn't even when he was healthy in Baltimore. True #1 wrs don't get flat out cut either.

I disagree with the assessment of Lynch. I don't view him as aged and on the downswing of career. He's in the prime of his career IMO. He was a force last season playing with bum qbs. He's a very good player and a much better player than he was with the Bills;

I think you got it backwards the aged part was about Evans not Lynch !! I ain't saying but i'm just sayin !!! :oops:

I do not think Graham is exactly the same type of guy as Evans. Evans never went over the middle.

To me it seems like Graham is kind of an in between Evans and Roscoe. He also seems like a guy that has returner abilities

That is flat not true. He went over the middle a ton in his career and caught a lot more passes over the middle than over his shoulder deep. Probably 5x as many.

He does have some returns abilities. Was a good college KR and a pedestrian PR. Although KR and PR is not something we need, as we have a bunch of good ones. I am not against Graham but we did need a guy to replace Evans and just go deep and spread the field with his speed. Anything else is a bonus.

That is flat not true. He went over the middle a ton in his career and caught a lot more passes over the middle than over his shoulder deep. Probably 5x as many.

He does have some returns abilities. Was a good college KR and a pedestrian PR. Although KR and PR is not something we need, as we have a bunch of good ones. I am not against Graham but we did need a guy to replace Evans and just go deep and spread the field with his speed. Anything else is a bonus.

Are you confusing slants, in-routes, and posts with going over the middle? I'm not arguing with you, but I can't remember Evans running a crossing route.

GO BILLS!!!

Are you confusing slants, in-routes, and posts with going over the middle? I'm not arguing with you, but I can't remember Evans running a crossing route.

GO BILLS!!!

He ran them all. This idea that he wouldn't go over the middle is nonsense. He did it his whole career. Was he asked to run deep routes and out patterns more? Sure. But that was to take advantage of his speed and his good route running. But he ran short, medium and deep over the middle all the time.

He ran them all. This idea that he wouldn't go over the middle is nonsense. He did it his whole career. Was he asked to run deep routes and out patterns more? Sure. But that was to take advantage of his speed and his good route running. But he ran short, medium and deep over the middle all the time.

We'll just agree to disagree. I'd be happy to be convinced that he ran crossing patterns if anyone can find a clip of him doing so.

GO BILLS!!!

Willis was a backup in Baltimore and another one of the picks was used in the Stroud trade.

Not before the arrival of Ray Rice. McGahee even made a probowl somewhere.

Giving up on Lynch, getting little in return, and then taking a RB in the first round looks bad. Nix and Gailey did a terrible job evaluating their incoming roster. Remember Edwards started at QB and Freddie was behind Lynch and maybe Spiller. Nix seems to have found his stride now and has a better understanding of what he has. If Spiller, Troupe, Hairston, Carrington, and Graham contribute he looks good. If Spiller looks lost again and Troupe/Carrington get cut it will be an entirely wasted draft.

Giving up on Lynch, getting little in return, and then taking a RB in the first round looks bad. Nix and Gailey did a terrible job evaluating their incoming roster. Remember Edwards started at QB and Freddie was behind Lynch and maybe Spiller. Nix seems to have found his stride now and has a better understanding of what he has. If Spiller, Troupe, Hairston, Carrington, and Graham contribute he looks good. If Spiller looks lost again and Troupe/Carrington get cut it will be an entirely wasted draft.

I don't think Nix and Co. had any intention of keeping Lynch long term. His days were numbered right from the start. And Lynch didn't want to be in Buffalo anyway.

Edwards starting was based on the 2010 pre-season. He was the best QB in camp and even Brohm had a better camp than Fitz. Fitz was a legit third stringer based on his performance that off season.

But man, that 2010 draft isn't looking too good right now. Other than Spiller, everybody else is a question mark. Spiller is a legit pro RB.

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by K-9

Did you watch any Bills football last year?

He's a gun toting, weed smoking, drunk driving, thug. I don't care what color or age you are. If you can get behind a POS like this for any reason you should be looked at by a doctor. We can only hope our kids don't grow up to idolize POS like this or we are all in trouble. It will only be a matter of time before the President is wearing Grillz.

He's not teaching your kids, he's playing football. Get off your high horse. You know nothing, Jon Snow.

He's a gun toting, weed smoking, drunk driving, thug. I don't care what color or age you are. If you can get behind a POS like this for any reason you should be looked at by a doctor. We can only hope our kids don't grow up to idolize POS like this or we are all in trouble. It will only be a matter of time before the President is wearing Grillz.

Real classy man! One can assume you were born perfect? Your opinion on this is trollish and rubbish at best.

Can we blame the Modrak's Old Scouting Staff for the first draft?

I like all 3 players and think both Brooks and Tank were steals this year. I really like Tank actually and getting Brooks in the 4th just proves again that you can always get good corners later in the draft

Evans can still play, isn't and never was a number 1 receiver but there is no doubt he can still play.

I'm curious to see how Lynch produces this year since he conveniently had his best year in a contract year

Edited by Max997

This is probably a little early since the players we got in return havent had much (or any) of a chance to prove it on the field, but on paper, Buddy made the following trade:

Lee Evans and Marshawn Lynch

for

Hairston, Ron Brooks, Tank Carder

Considering Evans's lack of production for the Ravens (I know he was injured, but regardless of the excuse, he did not produce), and the fact that he is no longer even on the team, I'd say Buddy got the best of them on that one. If Brooks can contribute at all, we've made out on the deal.

Buddy was able to trade an aged, high-priced vet on the downswing of his career, and a malcontent who is one strike away from a major suspension... for 3 very promising prospects.

What ya think?

I think Danny Briere didn't do a damned thing during his first two seasons with Filly. It's too early to tell, but sure, the Bills got some serious value in return.