Looking back on the infamous trades.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off, it was largely agreed that Spiller was the best talent on the board, and was chosen before Lynch was ever traded. So it wasnt the "aftermath". Spiller is a completely different type of back than Lynch.

It didnt come down to Spiller or Lynch. It was Jackson or Lynch. If you want to argue we should have kept Lynch, then you are also arguing we should have cut Jackson. Is that what you are saying?

Second, we used our THIRD round pick on a replacement WR who is young and fresh. Our 2nd went to OT. Evans, as a 31 year old, 8 year vet, speed guy is falling off quickly. We're lucky we got anything for him, as he isnt even with the team that traded for him anymore.

What I'm saying actually is it should have been Lynch and Jackson. And the best player available in retrospect surely wasn't Spiller- I could see Rob Gronkowski, Maurice Pouncy, Anthony Davis or any of a slew of people picked after him helping us a lot more...and I think we'd have had a better running game with Lynch and Jackson. Looking at our team last season I'm still not at all sure trading Evans was wise, as we didn't have much in the way of a second receiver. That being said I can see the argument that Evans was at the end of his career, although I'd like to see whether he has anything left this season.

Sorry Lynch was not a good fit for this team. He didn't like Buffalo and they didn't accept his additude. Good trade. I'm happy for him in Seattle. Who would want to be there? Guns in the trunk? Hit and run? Not our team mate for sure. Brawn. I remember real well his mother telling us that once we got to know him we would love him. Sorry Mom- not so.

1336508891[/url]' post='2461360']

Sorry Lynch was not a good fit for this team. He didn't like Buffalo and they didn't accept his additude. Good trade. I'm happy for him in Seattle. Who would want to be there? Guns in the trunk? Hit and run? Not our team mate for sure. Brawn. I remember real well his mother telling us that once we got to know him we would love him. Sorry Mom- not so.

Maybe I was the only one, but I loved him. He's still one of my favorite players not playing for the Bills. I root for him week in week out. I don't think he's a bad person. He's done some stupid things for sure, but he's done nothing but play good football for the Seahawks. Now that he got paid, we'll really see what he's made of. IMO, He'll mature some and remain one of the better backs in the league.

Edited by NewEra

Maybe I was the only one, but I loved him. He's still one of my favorite players not playing for the Bills. I root for him week in week out. I don't think he's a bad person. He's done some stupid things for sure, but he's done nothing but play good football for the Seahawks. Now that he got paid, we'll really see what he's made of. IMO, He'll mature some and remain one of the better backs in the league.

Now that he got paid, do you think he'll stop sneaking his own booze into bars?

GO BILLS!!!

Lynch was never one of my favorites, but I never got that vibe from him. I think he enjoyed it here and most fans liked him a lot especially after McGahee's attitude. Lynch was a change of pace from that.

I don't see what Lynch/Evans production (good or bad) for other teams has to do with whether we made out well on the deals. From our perspective we traded spare parts for potential contributors, and that should be good enough for everybody.

I always liked Lynch a lot and agree with mostly everything you said. I wish him nothing but the best in Seattle and wherever his career ends up.

I don't see what Lynch/Evans production (good or bad) for other teams has to do with whether we made out well on the deals. From our perspective we traded spare parts for potential contributors, and that should be good enough for everybody.

Excellent point!

Exactly. However Lynch didn't need to be a spare part, and Evans, based on our failure to field an effective #2 wide receiver wasn't a spare part. And, in drafting spiller, we brought in another "spare part" when we had major "contributor" needs.

Exactly. However Lynch didn't need to be a spare part, and Evans, based on our failure to field an effective #2 wide receiver wasn't a spare part. And, in drafting spiller, we brought in another "spare part" when we had major "contributor" needs.

Dude, please stop and read something that Ive already written 3 times now...

Lynch was already a spare part before we drafted Spiller.

He is the same type of power-RB/workhose that Jackson is. Spiller was drafted for a completely different role.

The FO had to choose between Lynch and Jackson. They chose Jackson.

Right...and those brilliant moves gave us a six win season.

Im sure it had nothing to do with the fact we havent addressed our pass rush since last century <_<

When our offense was 100% healthy last year, the only thing predicable about them was they were gonna score

Edited by Captain Hindsight

Marshawn had 1400 yards from scrimmage, 1200 rushing and 13 TDs in 15 games last year and just signed a 4 year 31 mil contract. This just in, he's good. Hairston is pretty good but a back-up tackle at this point in his career. Carder is a 5th round back-up LB with a chance to start in a couple years. I understand the Marshawn trade but one can hardly say we made out well yet.

Actually, the best part about the Lynch trade wasn't as much as who we got, or will get for him, it's the playing time Fred Jackson gained and his production made it all worth while...