Fitz! Will you hit the weightroom already?

The dude is stronger than 95 out of 100 men. 6'2 225 with 8-15% body fat is fine. Was Brett Favre any more cut?

1% of exceptionally fit college football players are drafted. Maybe half of those have a reasonable pro career - 0.5%.

What's good enough for 5 out of 100 men isn't good enough for an NFL team.

I love the Bills and want Fitz to succeed. Hit the weight room Fitz.

Though I like the concept of a doughy Eli Manning. Heheheh.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fitz: starting NFL quarterback

You: not even close

No kidding. Go to any gym, anywhere. You'll see guys more cut than Fitz, Eli, Peyton, Drew, whomever. But can they throw a perfect ten-yard out pattern on timing?

(Hint: there's a reason why they're at the local gym.)

Edited by Offsides Number 76

I wouldn't have thought so, then again, I'm no expert - must defer to your superior knowledge and expertise on that subject

You're right, my bad, go back to analyzing whether Ryan Fitzpatrick's muscle tone is sufficient, based upon a picture of him in an undershirt.

lotta great QBs were/are hardly physical specimens...Marino,Kelly,Jurgenson,Hadl,Brady,Unitas,The manning bros,the arsehole presently in PBurgh,.

For every Steve Young there are a handful of doughy or skinny looking guys.

No kidding. Go to any gym, anywhere. You'll see guys more cut than Fitz, Eli, Peyton, Drew, whomever. But can they throw a perfect ten-yard out pattern on timing?

(Hint: there's a reason why they're at the local gym.)

most can throw better than Fitz--but I get your point.

lotta great QBs were/are hardly physical specimens...Marino,Kelly,Jurgenson,Hadl,Brady,Unitas,The manning bros,the arsehole presently in PBurgh,.

For every Steve Young there are a handful of doughy or skinny looking guys.

Kelly's arms were pretty muscular. So are Brady's. The APIP, I take your point. I must admit Eli looks like "Mr Average" in that link someone posted.

most can throw better than Fitz--but I get your point.

Random guys in a gym? C'mon man.

Can we debate his shoe fashion tomorrow?

You can do whatever floats your boat. I won't be starting that one.

If I am team GM and I sign a guy to big money like they just did Fitz, I would have a four day a week minimum expectation that he would have his ass in the gym to stay strong and flexible and fit.

Maybe the pic is just a bad one of him or something but I actually kinda see the OP's point here. There are 300lb NFL hitmen like Vince Wolfork that are going to try to kill you 150 days from now, you might want to make sure you have as much muscle armor and flexibility as possible dude. He doesn't seem like a lazy guy and he takes his job seriously as far as I know so maybe it's just a bad pic and he's really in good shape.

If you're a pro athlete you'd better be.

Throwing is completely different than anything else. I played college baseball, between my sophomore and junior years I tried to bulk up, added 15 pounds of muscle. My arm never hurt so much as it did that year. Sr. year I went back to more cardio and moderate weights and my arm felt great again.

He looked pretty good in the Wrangler commercials at his age.

Define "pretty good."

On second thought, don't.

:)

I couldn't care less how Fitz looks… only how he plays.

In my experience, some guys just never look athletic no matter what they do.

I also know guys that look ripped all the time who never work out.

Throwing is completely different than anything else. I played college baseball, between my sophomore and junior years I tried to bulk up, added 15 pounds of muscle. My arm never hurt so much as it did that year. Sr. year I went back to more cardio and moderate weights and my arm felt great again.

but baseball is for kitties, with football we're talking man's game

Fitz IS the starting QB for the Bills and the best he'll ever get this team is an 8-8 record.

His limitations won't last a full season.

Want to place a wager on it?