Tape? Film? What decade are you guys in?

SDS

Cause I haven't watched a "tape" since my son was into Thomas the Tank Engine 9 years ago.

Reading posts by you draftniks make it sound like you are Herb Brooks in Miracle with your projector in your basement. haha

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cause I haven't watched a "tape" since my son was into Thomas the Tank Engine 9 years ago.

Reading posts by you draftniks make it sound like you are Herb Brooks in Miracle with your projector in your basement. haha

If Brooks was using a projector wouldn't he be watching film instead of tape?

Scott, when the media stops saying the players are "watching film," we'll catch right up. They know damned well better than we do that it's not tape, and it's not film, but that's the term they use.

They also say +7 "turnover ratio". Math and technology aren't their strong suits. ;)

I discovered something semi-interesting last week. Try this out on somebody under 30 years old..ask them what a 45 is as it relates to music and records. They won't know. They think it has something to do only with a pistol.

Most of my friends are musicians and several have released singles recently. I was curious about the term "single" and how it's differentiated from the other tracks. Back in my era, a single meant a 45rpm record - or more commonly known as a "45". Lord knows what the answer would be if asked about 8 tracks.

I try to avoid saying film on a player, unless it's someone on my actual team. Unless you have the all-22 on a guy, film is just highlights. There are some youtube guys that do a great job of putting almost every snap from a guy on a video, but there's only 2 or 3 of those guys and a ton of the others.

Yes..especially if they use the drawsomething app

Nowadays, the program the NFL teams use (either DVSport or another one I can't remember) allow you to put your cut ups of the playbook onto a central server the players have access to. Then from there they can read their playbook in PDF with editable notes, then look on their DVSport App and see it visually. It's great because all of them use the same system, so you can show him footage of another player doing a play the way you want your player to do it.

I discovered something semi-interesting last week. Try this out on somebody under 30 years old..ask them what a 45 is as it relates to music and records. They won't know. They think it has something to do only with a pistol.

Most of my friends are musicians and several have released singles recently. I was curious about the term "single" and how it's differentiated from the other tracks. Back in my era, a single meant a 45rpm record - or more commonly known as a "45". Lord knows what the answer would be if asked about 8 tracks.

some still use the " technics " of their grandfathers and call themselves DJ ;)

Seeing as the Denver Bronco's are going to iPads for their plays. Can we still call it a "playbook" or "drawing" up plays?

nope. it playpad.