Tape? Film? What decade are you guys in?

SDS

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe there is actually a thread devoted to this subject, but since there is, I would kind of like to know what the OP has in mind. What would you prefer? Perhaps something like "Well, we went back and watched a digital rendering of actual events and we think the guy can play." Please, when people say they watched "tape" they mean they watched game recordings or game "film". I think everyone pretty much understands that.

Uh, just look up a few posts?

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/145478-tape-film-what-decade-are-you-guys-in/page__view__findpost__p__2455996

I discovered something semi-interesting last week. Try this out on somebody under 30 years old..ask them what a 45 is as it relates to music and records. They won't know. They think it has something to do only with a pistol.

Most of my friends are musicians and several have released singles recently. I was curious about the term "single" and how it's differentiated from the other tracks. Back in my era, a single meant a 45rpm record - or more commonly known as a "45". Lord knows what the answer would be if asked about 8 tracks.

Well now I know why I couldn't find the new Radiohead Album on cassette.

What a great thread. You all make a lot of great points about archaic language and I've been busy blasting them out on my cb radio to all of my good buddies with their ears on.

I actually have a working CB radio in my Jeep Wrangler. Off-road event organizers usually won't let you on any off-road trails without one as cellular service rarely works. When I'm driving on the interstate at nite, sometimes I'll put on the CB and just listen to the truckers. Truly comical entertainment!

Maybe one day we'll all admit we read from the same $7 draft magazines and watch the same youtube highlights. Some people like to pretend like they sit in their basement and watch "game tape", but they don't. It's not available to the general public. It's funny though

Well if you're from Buffalo, of course you know what a 45 is. Starting sometime around the mid to late 70's, time has stood still in Buffalo. For proof, look no further than the hairstyle of any native female strolling the sidewalks of WNY, or turn on any local FM radio station and you're certain to hear Rush or Triumph within the hour. I'll bet you have 78's in your collection! :-)

Not from Buffalo, actually never been there. Just love the Bills and the whole feeling of Buffalo. Sorry, didn't want to hijack the thread, or single you out by any means, it's just something that gets under my skin to say that people like me don't understand this or that... sure some don't, but just making broad generalities about any groups of people are sloppy and makes the person making the claims come across as ignorant. Sure, there remain segments of the population that are still safe to trash on, such as white people, males, obese, ugly, young, and i'm sure there are others, and i have theories on why that may still be seen as alright, but it just bugs me. The stupid guys on commercials who can't wipe themselves without their wifes guidance, the redneck white guy who only talks about his shotgun, pickup truck, and beers... the young man or woman who doesn't know anything except for pop culture from the last 10 years... c'mon. Don't sell yourself short by jumping on another of these worn out cliches, you can do better than that...

Actually, it's worse if they say that because the majority of stuff on YouTube is "highlight" stuff. There's not a whole lot of "hey watch me drop this pass, get blown up in pass protection or miss this tackle" video available. :)

According to my extensive youtube study, Voltaire Buffet is a sure fire first rounder and a lock for the top 10.

I had a 300 baud modem and when 1200 baud came out I thought there was nothing that could be better.

Oh my....

The parental units had dial up until recently. I tried to simply pull down email from work and could not do it. I had to go over to my aunt and uncle's house to use their broadband. I can't imagine how slow 300 baud would feel now.