NBA Playoffs thread...

Buftex

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know whether I think it was unsportsmanlike and low class for Rondo and KG to walk off the court before the end of the game - or whether I like it because I want players to be pissed off and care.

But did you see who stayed out? Allen. Why? He's going to sign with the Heat.

But did you see who stayed out? Allen. Why? He's going to sign with the Heat.

If I am not mistaken, there were rumors of the Heat being interested in Allen before...it makes sense for them...but it would kill me to see him go there...

FWIW...I kind of get the feeling that Allen, and Garnett, would love to stay in Boston, and might take the hometown discount to do so...emotinally a great move...but not sure if it only delays the inevitable. If they can't lure any younger talent there, it would just be more valient efforts, and coming up short. I really do think Garnett will stay.

http://www.nesn.com/2012/06/ray-allen-calls-it-a-privilege-to-play-for-celtics-as-he-faces-uncertain-future.html

Edited by Buftex

I can't wait for this game tonight! My lady friend's daughter is a diehard Heat fan...going to be fun rubbing it in when Mr. Durant goes apeshiit!

Heat have to keep the pedal to the metal on offense the whole game. West coast OKC is going to score 100+ every night. Can't sit on a lead or think James is going to will a win all by himself like against those celtics plodders. Still though if heat hadn't gone stone cold shooting in the 4th qtr it would have been close. Looking forward to game 2

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Heat have to keep the pedal to the metal on offense the whole game. West coast OKC is going to score 100+ every night. Can't sit on a lead or think James is going to will a win all by himself like against those celtics plodders. Still though if heat hadn't gone stone cold shooting in the 4th qtr it would have been close. Looking forward to game 2

While I think okc is a little better, I think that some luck of when the hot streaks come and go will likely decide this one. That and how wade deals with adversity. Right now he seems frustrated, and he needs to even out some. I'm saying okc, but closer than many want to think.

Edited by NoSaint

I haven't had the chance to listen to any sports talk, or read anything online yet today.........Are they burying the Heat just like they did when Indy was up 2-1 and when the Celtics were up 3-2?

I gotta admit, I didn't see much of the game last night...but isn't it amazing (I think it is anyways) how a team can shoot a high percentage for one quarter, or a half a game, and then go completely cold the next? Sometimes, it is due to defensive adjustments by the other team, other times though, it is like a collective chill on a teams' shooting. This playoff season has been marked by series of teams simply trading lopsided runs with one another, until one wins. Could be a sign of lack of depth, all around, by most NBA teams.

I haven't had the chance to listen to any sports talk, or read anything online yet today.........Are they burying the Heat just like they did when Indy was up 2-1 and when the Celtics were up 3-2?

All I heard was emeging Kevin Durant fan-boy, and Lebron jock sniffer, Colin Cowherd assure everyone that the first game went "pretty much exactly how I thought it would"...then I had to turn it off, becuase, you know, it is Colin Cowherd. :lol:

did anybody else see lebron walk several times last nite? on the dunk/foul in the 3rd quarter he took 3 full steps. they showed it 3 times and the announcers never mentioned it. in general, i thought the calls were very favorable to the heat.

did anybody else see lebron walk several times last nite? on the dunk/foul in the 3rd quarter he took 3 full steps. they showed it 3 times and the announcers never mentioned it. in general, i thought the calls were very favorable to the heat.

If by "walking" you mean "travelling", the rule is still on the books, but it is only called, at inopportune times against "plodders" like the Celtics, when they can't figure out anything else to call on a given play. If you watch enough NBA, you will realize that DWade and Lebron never foul anyone...as Lebron said "I know how to play the game of basketball well enough that I don't need to try to go outside the rules to get an advantage on someone". :lol:

Travelling is called playground style, by the dribbler.

Who won last night?

AJ... I don't want to see you for a fortnight... If you do post here... Humble yourself my dear man and grovel before the altar of King James!

Did he do it like Michael "Walk" Jordan used to?

If by "walking" you mean "travelling", the rule is still on the books, but it is only called, at inopportune times against "plodders" like the Celtics, when they can't figure out anything else to call on a given play. If you watch enough NBA, you will realize that DWade and Lebron never foul anyone...as Lebron said "I know how to play the game of basketball well enough that I don't need to try to go outside the rules to get an advantage on someone". :lol:

I don't understand the whole thing. Why do they even bother having the rule? I've seen guys even change their pivot foot multiple times. They can now roll around the floor with the ball when grabbing a loose ball. They now can dribble a few times when saving the ball, stop their dribble, then start dribbling again when they want..........My father used to go crazy about this 15-20 years ago. He is now rolling around in his grave with this stuff going on.

All I heard was emeging Kevin Durant fan-boy, and Lebron jock sniffer, Colin Cowherd assure everyone that the first game went "pretty much exactly how I thought it would"...then I had to turn it off, becuase, you know, it is Colin Cowherd. :lol:

And, when I used to listen to Cowherd - about 5 years ago with Lebron on the Cavs, he used to say how boring Lebron is to watch. Now, I read where GR staffers call it to the Lebron show from 10-noon. Cowherd - the ULTIMATE frontrunner!

NBA is rigged !

NBA is rigged !

i rarely watch. this just seemed a good match up and it turns out it is. but basketball is based on dribbling and passing and not travelling (walking). hell, i doubt the kids in parochial grammar school league get away with it these days. we sure didn't and shouldn't have. it's not really basketball if you can walk around like that with the ball in your hands.

i rarely watch. this just seemed a good match up and it turns out it is. but basketball is based on dribbling and passing and not travelling (walking). hell, i doubt the kids in parochial grammar school league get away with it these days. we sure didn't and shouldn't have. it's not really basketball if you can walk around like that with the ball in your hands.

Remember the "crab dribble"? Aside from the travelling, a lot of the ball-handling moves you see would easily be double dribbles by the book.

The NBA has grown more entertaining over the last few years, but I'll take the college game.