NBA Playoffs thread...

Buftex

I thought the game last night proved to me that Durant is a better clutch player than King James.

Durant has been doing this all post season. He turns it up in the 4th and its fun to watch.

On the other hand when they showed D. Wade saying that its LB's team now really didn't go down to well with me. It was his team for yrs. Not saying that King James deserves the role but Wade won a title without him.

I still don't see the Heat winning the title yet. Think OKC has the better team and coach right now. I will be surprised if the Heat won but this next game is the biggest one with the next 3 games in miami after that.

What pains more about the Heat than anything, is what a jerk Wade has turned into...he makes Lebron seem like an elderly statesmen...I always liked Wade...he is obviously not what he was, and to me, he isn't aging with a lot of grace. I have never seen him whine so much.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What pains more about the Heat than anything, is what a jerk Wade has turned into...he makes Lebron seem like an elderly statesmen...I always liked Wade...he is obviously not what he was, and to me, he isn't aging with a lot of grace. I have never seen him whine so much.

I tried telling my friends the same thing. This year Wade has turned into a punk. Starting in the All Star game when he broke Kobe's nose, the Pacers series when he mugged the guy (and a foul a "regular" player surely would have been suspended for), to his pouting all throughout the Boston series (Rondo's quote was very true). I'll also add the making fun of Dirk incident from the finals. Wade lost me this year. I was always a fan but not anymore. He has zero class and has played poorly throughout these playoffs, only getting a pass because of people's hatred towards LeBron.

The funny thing about this playoffs is I have pulled a 180 on LeBron too. Never cared for him and rode the not clutch bandwagon for a long time. Factor in the decision and his quitting on cleveland in the series against Boston and I was very anti-LeBron. This playoffs though he carried the Heat without much help. Bosh missed a long stretch and Wade has been terrible throughout. LeBron had amazing games in 6&7 of the Boston series and I thought he played well in Game 1. He didn't fade in the fourth quarter at all (no matter what sportscenter tells you) he just had no help.

Best stat of game 1 to me wasn't the 41-40 durant/westbrook over the Heat, it was Wade 19 shots 19 points, Durant 20 shots 37 points. I understand the LeBron hate it just isn't warranted in these playoffs.

Edited by section122

I don't hate lebron at all, think he's awesome on the court and a good guy off it.

But on wade's post season performance, have to realize he's got a knee injury which the team is playing it very close to the vest disclosing the status of. That more than anything may account for a lot of his problems. To my recollection he's only had 3 quality games from start to finish the entire post season. He needs to pull off at least that many in this series for heat to have any chance.

Wow, what a finish...Miami got lucky on the no-call on Durant...that was almost an amazing comeback! Can't wait for game 3!

I am torn now... I forgot how the SuperSonics stiffed Seattle... Can I stomach a Lebron win or a two-timing Thunder win?

Read the ESPN article and I wanted to puke.

I really think the Heat take this series... Thunder had to have these two games in a 2-3-2 format.

Why be a sports fan if you can't hate?!?

:worthy::worthy:

Whenever I need to stoke my hatred of the Heat, I think about that victory celebration they had the night after Lebron signed. I felt so bad for Cleveland.

I always liked Lebron, and thought it was cool that he was in Cleveland. I don't begrudge him leaving the Cavs, but it was the way he did it that was so distasteful. I don't think he is a bad guy, but was very immature about the whole situation. As much money as he makes (even when in Cleveland) you would have thought somebody in his inner-circle would have said "the way you are going about this is a big mistake."

Hate at least equals passion.

:thumbsup: We are becoming a nation of soft sports fans!

Wow that was a serious non-call on LB on Durant at the end of the game. Playoffs rules ? Refs calling touch fouls early in game then let that one go. Hard to figure out theses refs sometimes. At least stay the same the whole game.

I thought LB was great tonight. D.Wade hits some shots but Battier wow, right now I vote him MVP of the series. He plays like that in Miami the Thunder could be in some trouble.

Yeah like how about the type of charge they had been calling all night except on durant when he leveled battier because that would have meant fouling him out? A case can be made he should have been out of the game before even attempting that shot at the end

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

I really think the Heat take this series... Thunder had to have these two games in a 2-3-2 format.

Meh, there isn't much evidence that this format favors the '3' team.

It's sort of high-risk, high-reward from a drama standpoint because Miami being up 3-2 is the only interesting scenario after 5 games.

Yeah like how about the type of charge they had been calling all night except on durant when he leveled battier because that would have meant fouling him out? A case can be made he should have been out of the game before even attempting that shot at the end

Yup.