NBA Playoffs thread...

Buftex

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're going old school 1979 Finals - watching the NBA on tape delay!

Seattle Supersonics (with Dennis Johnson) over the Washington Bullets! After your local nightly news!

My how times have changed! :P

Been working a bunch of events at night...forcing me to watch the Cetlics games into the wee hours of the morning...I am averaging about 3.5 hours of sleep lately!

Edited by Buftex

I wish I could find a clip of it, but there was a great moment in the Celtics game last night...it took place on the sidelines, and not on the court. It was in the final minutes.

As the Celtics were breaking their huddle, after a timeout, they did their traditional group "hands on hands"...Mikale Pietrus, of the Celtics, was not paying attention, and didn't put his hand in with the others...Kevin Garnett grabbed him by the shoulder, and told him to put his hand in the pile...he did it sort of half-heartedly and started to walk away...Garnett grabbed him more emphatically and forced him to put his fist in the pile, before they broke their huddle...it is a silly gesture, I know, but a good old fashioned show of leadership by Garnett...

I wish I could find a clip of it, but there was a great moment in the Celtics game last night...it took place on the sidelines, and not on the court. It was in the final minutes.

As the Celtics were breaking their huddle, after a timeout, they did their traditional group "hands on hands"...Mikale Pietrus, of the Celtics, was not paying attention, and didn't put his hand in with the others...Kevin Garnett grabbed him by the shoulder, and told him to put his hand in the pile...he did it sort of half-heartedly and started to walk away...Garnett grabbed him more emphatically and forced him to put his fist in the pile, before they broke their huddle...it is a silly gesture, I know, but a good old fashioned show of leadership by Garnett...

I don't think Garnett gets enough credit. He doesn't put up the big #s like Lebron, but that's largely because he is more of a team player, and he brings a lot of emotion to the game. As much as I hate to cheer for any Boston team, I'll be pulling for your boys to close out this series.

I don't think Garnett gets enough credit. He doesn't put up the big #s like Lebron, but that's largely because he is more of a team player, and he brings a lot of emotion to the game. As much as I hate to cheer for any Boston team, I'll be pulling for your boys to close out this series.

I hear you...I just want to make sure it is understood, I absolutely loath all other Boston sports teams...I just love that franchise...it has nothing to do with the city, at all.

Garnett, pretty much embodies every good thing about sports, for me. I realize, fans of other teams don't generally like him, but the guy is just a flat out competitor. He will do anything in his fiber, to win. He is getting older, so his body doesn't allow him to succeed, every night, but it will never be for lack of trying. It has been great seeing Rajon Rondo grow up into an elite level guard, and I really think playing with a guy like Garnett has been a big part of his success.

WOW Thunder. Miami's talent with Celts team play. How can anyone beat them in finals ?

I will concede, which ever team makes it from the east, they are going to have a tall order trying to beat the Thunder in a seven game series. They are a really talented, athletic, smart team. Hard not to like the Thunder, from a pure basketball point of view. Durant is just incredible. I went to a few of his college games, including the last...I knew he was going to be really good...but not this good.

For purely selfish reasons, I was hoping for a San Anotonio/Boston final. I live only about an hour from SA, would have loved to see the C's in a finals game.

FWIW- Kenny Smith on TNT is saying that a OKC, Boston finals would be just like the OKC/SA matchup, the only difference being, Garnett can give the Celtics more than Tim Duncan gave the Spurs. Garnett is still a great defender, and can still bring it on the offensive side of the game.

Edited by Buftex

What the hell, Boston is still in it?? I honestly haven't even been paying attention since the Celts cheated and paid off the refs to beat my Sixers.

What the hell, Boston is still in it?? I honestly haven't even been paying attention since the Celts cheated and paid off the refs to beat my Sixers.

Quit your sniveling... Sixers wouldn't even have sniffed the Celtics jocks if it weren't for providence having a hand in the deal!... That is, the Bulls getting all wrecked with injuries!

Quit your sniveling... Sixers wouldn't even have sniffed the Celtics jocks if it weren't for providence having a hand in the deal!... That is, the Bulls getting all wrecked with injuries!

:P

I'm gonna lmao if the Celts win tonight...there's no way in hell they'll beat OKC, but if Miami goes out again it'll be hilarious. Spolestra (sp) is so gone.

Awful game by the Celtics, LeBron came to play. Honestly, I had a bad feeling about this going in, for Boston. They never make things easy on themselves. LeBron was amazing, but even more so, their commitment to defense just wore the Celtics down. The C's are not pretty, offensively a lot of nights, but tonight was just ridiculous. Pierce couldn't hit a thing. The prescience of Bosh makes a big difference, in this match-up, on the defensive end.

I realize Celtics have a big job ahead of them, to beat Miami in game 7. I will take some solace, however, that if the Celtics had hit their shots, this would have been a much closer game. And, what I mean by that, particularly in the first half, the Celtics did get good shots...they just weren't making them. I also know, with this team, when they get smacked down, they will give it everything they have the next game. Miami may win it, but the Celtics won't roll over.

Pretty awesome ovation for the C's in the final 3 minutes, even though they were down by 20. The players seem to take it as the fans wanting them to know they are behind them, for game 7 in Miami...I think it was more the realization that the "Big 4" will not play in Boston again, togehter...unless they win Saturday... a collective "thanks".

Edited by Buftex

I have a bad feeling the Heat are going to win it all. Twice this year now, the whole country's media talked about them like they were out of it. Twice they came back with a vengeance.

Jeez Buftex, I watched tonight in support of your team, and in your honor no less, and what do they do? They lay a huge egg right in Boston Garden. That was a pretty solid ass-whoopin. I expect your boys to play a little better on Saturday, young man!

Jeez Buftex, I watched tonight in support of your team, and in your honor no less, and what do they do? They lay a huge egg right in Boston Garden. That was a pretty solid ass-whoopin. I expect your boys to play a little better on Saturday, young man!

They will play better...doesn't mean they will win. I trust Doc to come up with something to slow Lebron down, but the C's may be out-manned...and they had one of those nights where they looked "old", rather than experienced. That is kind of who this team is, though. As good as they have been, they still have difficulty closing out series, hence all the 7 game series they have been in over the last 5 years. Normally, though, they have home court...not this year.

If the C's should lose, Miami and OKC will be a great final too. Not ready to give up yet... when the Celtics fans were chanting "lets go Celtics" during the final two minutes of that game last night (despite being down by 20), the shot of Pierce, Allen and Garnett on the bench showed me that they weren't ready to concede anything.

They will play better...doesn't mean they will win. I trust Doc to come up with something to slow Lebron down, but the C's may be out-manned...and they had one of those nights where they looked "old", rather than experienced. That is kind of who this team is, though. As good as they have been, they still have difficulty closing out series, hence all the 7 game series they have been in over the last 5 years. Normally, though, they have home court...not this year.

If the C's should lose, Miami and OKC will be a great final too. Not ready to give up yet... when the Celtics fans were chanting "lets go Celtics" during the final two minutes of that game last night (despite being down by 20), the shot of Pierce, Allen and Garnett on the bench showed me that they weren't ready to concede anything.

I'm pretty torn on who I want to win...on the one hand, I seem to find gratification in watching Miami fail, but on the other hand I think I'd be more apt to pay attention to the finals if it were a Miami v. OKC series. I just hope it's a good game, cause I'm always a sucker for a game 7 and I will definitely be watching. Your boys gotta do a better job of finishing if they want to win, though...good luck!!