NBA Playoffs thread...

Buftex

it was also a nice touch to have 'The Answer' in the house last night...according to my son it really electrified the crowd...

Well, the Celtics did blow the 76ers out a couple times in this series...and lost another game by 1 point, so you could say the same thing about the 76ers golfing a little earlier/

Both teams are strong defensively, and streaky offensively. If the Celtics had hit their open shots in the first half, last night, the game could have turned out much differently. They really are very similar teams, in many ways. The 76ers are sort of "no names" (at this point), the biggest difference is their ages. I concede, after last night, the Celtics may be in trouble. If the 76ers keep pushing them, they (the Celtics) will continue to ware down and take bad shots...having two days in between games won't hurt the Celtics.

Have you noticed how little that Garnett, Pierce, Allen and Rondo are on the floor together? Allen is either over the hill, or that ankle injury is really affecting him, because they have gotten little out of him during the playoffs. At this point, they are better with Avery Bradley starting instead of Allen, but alas, Bradley is injured. I haven't heard anything definitive, but I suspect Bradley will miss game 7 as well, given the nature of his injury.

The 76ers have an edge in depth...as great as Bass was in game 5 (in Boston) he was terrible last night, in Philly. He had a high number of quality shots in the first half, and missed on nearly all of them. Most teams have issues with bench players producing, on the road, especially in the playoffs.

Either way, game 7 should be an intense game. Like I said, if the 76ers win, they will have earned it...and their youth, and great coaching, could help them give the Heat fits. No matter what happens, I think we are going to have two entertaining conference final series.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no "dog in this hunt" as they say since buffalo lost its team and Knicks are out of it. My only interest is in seeing the best teams advance to make for the most interesting and competitive series. That's why I want Miami over pacers, because surely pacers aren't going anywhere and only have a chance in this series due to bosh absence and questionable suspensions.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Kudos to my Sixers...for a team that can't hit the broad side of a barn, they put up one helluva fight. If we can find a legit, consistent scoring threat, we could go even further. I'm proud of their efforts...

Good luck to the Celts...I hope they beat up on the Heat

Kudos to my Sixers...for a team that can't hit the broad side of a barn, they put up one helluva fight. If we can find a legit, consistent scoring threat, we could go even further. I'm proud of their efforts...

Good luck to the Celts...I hope they beat up on the Heat

Had a crazy day...just got finished watching the game, tape delay. Of course, I am glad the Celtics won, but I was really impressed with the Sixers. You have a lot to be proud of. If they hold things together, and find some consistent scoring, as you said, they could be a team to reckon with over the next few years. They play great defensive basketball...congrats to them, and Doug Collins, for an impressive performance.

I have to admit, when Iguodoua (sp) hit that 2ptr with about 4 minutes left, and cut the Celtics lead to 3, I was getting a little scared. I expected Boston to win this series going in, but I didn't think it was going to be so tough...my head tells me the Celtics don't have a great chance of beating Miami in the next round...but I can never count them out. They have to get some offense out of Rondo and Ray in this series. They both came through when it was sorely needed

tonight...it really has been a thrill to watch Rondo blossom into a superstar...I had my doubts about him many times over the last five years, but I am not doubting him anymore, after this season. Guy just gets better all the time. I am so glad that Ainge never pulled the trigger on any of those rumored trade proposals over the years.

Had a crazy day...just got finished watching the game, tape delay. Of course, I am glad the Celtics won, but I was really impressed with the Sixers. You have a lot to be proud of. If they hold things together, and find some consistent scoring, as you said, they could be a team to reckon with over the next few years. They play great defensive basketball...congrats to them, and Doug Collins, for an impressive performance.

I have to admit, when Iguodoua (sp) hit that 2ptr with about 4 minutes left, and cut the Celtics lead to 3, I was getting a little scared. I expected Boston to win this series going in, but I didn't think it was going to be so tough...my head tells me the Celtics don't have a great chance of beating Miami in the next round...but I can never count them out. They have to get some offense out of Rondo and Ray in this series. They both came through when it was sorely needed

tonight...it really has been a thrill to watch Rondo blossom into a superstar...I had my doubts about him many times over the last five years, but I am not doubting him anymore, after this season. Guy just gets better all the time. I am so glad that Ainge never pulled the trigger on any of those rumored trade proposals over the years.

Rondo's a gamer for sure. I have to give him credit, cause I saw an interview a while back where they were asking him about the trade rumors...he just stayed cool and focused on playing ball. Didn't seem to get his panties in a wad over it at all. YOu guys were missing a lot of open shots early on tonight, and I really thought that would be our opportunity. We still played good defensively but just not quite enough. AI2 hit some clutch shots this series...he came to play. If you guys can tap into whatever's left in the tank, you could give the Heat a run. As long as the Heat lose either in the eastern finals or the league finals I'm happy lol.

great run by Philly...make free throws and hit some shots this has a different ending...that said, Rondo, Bass and Garnett really came to play. Rondo is one hell of a competitor. If Iggy showed a fraction of heart he could be a superstar in this league. Hopefully Evan Turner can build on this year and become even better next year. Doug Collins is doing a great job with this team and hopefully that will pay more dividends for years to come....

great run by Philly...make free throws and hit some shots this has a different ending...that said, Rondo, Bass and Garnett really came to play. Rondo is one hell of a competitor. If Iggy showed a fraction of heart he could be a superstar in this league. Hopefully Evan Turner can build on this year and become even better next year. Doug Collins is doing a great job with this team and hopefully that will pay more dividends for years to come....

If they can get a little offensive consistency going, this 76ers team could be very similar to the Pistons teams that were so good earlier in this century.

Bosh was spotted at practice for first time since the injury. No word yet of when he returns but this seems positive.

Don't think spurs win was decisive enough at home with extra time to prepare vs OKC. Look for OKC to come back and win this one.

The Spurs were also a little rusty...they had about a week (maybe nine days) off. Time off is great for an older team, but too much time off can hurt too. The fact that the Spurs still managed to control the game in the 4th qrtr doesn't bode well for OKC, in my opinion. This was the game that OKC could/should have stolen. Spurs are very difficult to beat, especially at home. I think the Spurs will win this series in five games.

Would love to see the Celtics knock off the Heat, but I am not sure I would put money on it...not saying the Celtics can't do it, but LeBron and Wade are playing some incredible basketball the last week or so...

If the Celtics and Spurs end up in the finals (my dream) I will absolutely be heading to SA to cheer on gang-Green!

Edited by Buftex

Looks like we can start crossing out One part of your dream already. Heat are wiping the floor with celts at both ends. Don't see this going past 5 games.

You gotta win four games to win the series.

I don't think San Antonio has subscribed to that plan

Please ask Buftex and see what he thinks. The plan was described on this site starting in February 2009 and here we are in our 4th NBA playoff season since and somehow everything has come true thus far.