NBA Playoffs thread...

Buftex

i paid $7 for the game 6 clincher for the 76ers/Bulls game...stubhub is great..WOW, I just checked and they are in the $15 range right now!!!

Even so, whether it is justified or not, you really can't have a guy punching another player in the face, as retaliation. Haslem didn't even make an attempt to pretend that his punch was just part of a play...he should sit a game. If that had been Ron Artest, he would have got booted, and nobody would think he didn't deserve it. The context of the series doesn't really matter...if it does, than the NBA is, basically, taking the NHL approach to it's game. If the Pacers are getting chippy, or dirty, let the refs call it, and handle it... if Haslem isn't satisfied with the way the refs are calling the game, and wants to take matters into his own hands, than so be it...but he should be suspended.

Whoah! $40 for an NBA game...a playoff game! That is awesome...I would be snathcing those up quick. Playoff games, in almost any sport, are a blast. I have been to close to 200 Bills games over the years, my biggest regret, I have never been to a Bills playoff game!

wow, what a brain fart...saw that you said you'd be in town tonight and for whatever reason i processed it as if you said tomorrow night...see what happens when i pass up drinking for yoga????

Pooj

Going to be in Philly tonight..thinking f going to the game. Have you enjoyed the Sixers games?

Edited by The Poojer

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

glad you said something. I just assumed the game was tonight...i set a stubhub alert, last i checked they were $40...I love the games and it really doesn't matter where you sit, up high or down low...its a great experience. Let me know if you don't go to the game and want to meet for a beer...where in philly will you be?

What happens with a stubhub alert?

I'm very cheap, so i haven't gotten notification yet...i set my price at $10.... :oops:

Thanks for the info.

PS I assume it let's you say any ticket for $10 or specific sections for $X?

Simon, I saw the replay of "Hansborough's two armed assault on Wade in the lane", your description is a little over the top...Hansborough was playing the ball, Haslem was playing Hansboroughs face. It has been a chippy series, no doubt... but if the refs let Haslem get away with that, things are only going to get worse...

Hansborough was no more interested in a blocked shot than Haslem was. He swung two arms at his head, then used one hand to jack him in the back and the other to rake his face hard enough to lay him open over the eye. Just because the ball happened to be deflected has nothing to do with the fact that Hansborough was trying to clobber him. If the refs had given Hansborough a Flagrant 2, that would have put a stop to it right then. But they didn't, so Haslem gave him some of his own medicine and the refs called it the same way just like they should have. Things didn't get any worse after that and it was then probably the cleanest game of the series until the scrubs came on late.

If I'm running the crew in Game 6, I go to both coaches before the game and make sure they understand that there is no such thing as a Flagrant 1 tonight. The first (and second and third and fourth) guy to blatantly hammer somebody is leaving, no questions asked. If that doesn't put an end to it, then teams are welcome to play short-handed.

i think its a bad call...it wasn't an elbow call, which i would have accepted this punishment, but i guess if i am gonna be consistent with my 'pay back' mentality, it is an appropriate penalty...cole hamels was suspended for throwing at bryce harper...it's an unwritten rule that the retaliator is the one that gets the penalty...still hope that next time haslem, harper, et al are in that situation they do the same thing...its part of the game...as long as they aren't trying to take someone out...harder than necessary fouls, brush backs, plunks, to me are an acceptable part of the game(s)

The NBA has suspended Udonis Haslem for Game 6 of the Eastern Conference semifinals.

Please tell me this is really going to hurt the Heat?!?

Pooj,

sorry but been offline all day, and then my meeting in Hershey was changed from 1pm to 9 am..so had to drive to Hershey tonight. Only advantage is in a little bar with 80 taps

still rooting for the Sixers, hate all things Boston when it comes to sports :thumbsup:

The NBA has suspended Udonis Haslem for Game 6 of the Eastern Conference semifinals.

Please tell me this is really going to hurt the Heat?!?

It is without bosh. Haslem had 14 pts and seemed to have been the answer they were looking for w/o bosh. Complete crap 2 heat are out while the pacer who decked wade and started this crap doesn't sit, even though the league upgraded his flagrant foul to category 1. WTF !!!!

Hell yes!!!! I love this team!! Game 7 coming up, baby!! Would be a wonderful early bday present for me if they can find a way to pull this off!

It is without bosh. Haslem had 14 pts and seemed to have been the answer they were looking for w/o bosh. Complete crap 2 heat are out while the pacer who decked wade and started this crap doesn't sit, even though the league upgraded his flagrant foul to category 1. WTF !!!!

Then I'm happy - LOL!

SIXERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

They are impressive... Celtics had their chance in the first half, when they were getting great shots, but not making any of them...76ers just shut down the key on defense, in the second...C's should be getting the ball to Pierce more...game 7 is going to be tough...if the 76ers win, they have earned it.

i think its a bad call...it wasn't an elbow call, which i would have accepted this punishment, but i guess if i am gonna be consistent with my 'pay back' mentality, it is an appropriate penalty...cole hamels was suspended for throwing at bryce harper...it's an unwritten rule that the retaliator is the one that gets the penalty...still hope that next time haslem, harper, et al are in that situation they do the same thing...its part of the game...as long as they aren't trying to take someone out...harder than necessary fouls, brush backs, plunks, to me are an acceptable part of the game(s)

Haslem absolutely deserved a suspension...he should have been tossed from game 5. I am sorry, but Hansborough's flagrant on Wade, despite the blood, was not the same at all...I have seen it a zillion times now...Hansbourough is playing the ball...when Wade makes an attempt to get away from him, Hansbourough makes the mistake of not moving his arm up, and chooses to make contact with Wades head...it wasn't a pre-meditated karate chop to the face like Haslem was going for...there may be unwritten rules, in all sports...but there are penalties for adhering to them too...as you said!

i didn't realize that Philly has been top 5 in defense all year...I think their lack of consistent offense takes away from their defensive strength...if it wasn't for Garnett (and Bass), i think the Celtics would have been golfing a few days ago....

They are impressive... Celtics had their chance in the first half, when they were getting great shots, but not making any of them...76ers just shut down the key on defense, in the second...C's should be getting the ball to Pierce more...game 7 is going to be tough...if the 76ers win, they have earned it.

i didn't realize that Philly has been top 5 in defense all year...I think their lack of consistent offense takes away from their defensive strength...if it wasn't for Garnett (and Bass), i think the Celtics would have been golfing a few days ago....

Well, the Celtics did blow the 76ers out a couple times in this series...and lost another game by 1 point, so you could say the same thing about the 76ers golfing a little earlier/

Both teams are strong defensively, and streaky offensively. If the Celtics had hit their open shots in the first half, last night, the game could have turned out much differently. They really are very similar teams, in many ways. The 76ers are sort of "no names" (at this point), the biggest difference is their ages. I concede, after last night, the Celtics may be in trouble. If the 76ers keep pushing them, they (the Celtics) will continue to ware down and take bad shots...having two days in between games won't hurt the Celtics.

Have you noticed how little that Garnett, Pierce, Allen and Rondo are on the floor together? Allen is either over the hill, or that ankle injury is really affecting him, because they have gotten little out of him during the playoffs. At this point, they are better with Avery Bradley starting instead of Allen, but alas, Bradley is injured. I haven't heard anything definitive, but I suspect Bradley will miss game 7 as well, given the nature of his injury.

The 76ers have an edge in depth...as great as Bass was in game 5 (in Boston) he was terrible last night, in Philly. He had a high number of quality shots in the first half, and missed on nearly all of them. Most teams have issues with bench players producing, on the road, especially in the playoffs.

Either way, game 7 should be an intense game. Like I said, if the 76ers win, they will have earned it...and their youth, and great coaching, could help them give the Heat fits. No matter what happens, I think we are going to have two entertaining conference final series.