NBA Playoffs thread...

Buftex

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lakers probably get ended tonight....

Blow it up lakers....please

They have a lot of success, sad to see their run end that way. Obviously (I think) Kobe isn't going anywhere...what do you think it would take to get someone like Dwight Hoaward in a Lakers uniform? It seems like Gasol and Bynum, who have been dangled as trade bate so often (whether real or not) have diminishing value...

They have a lot of success, sad to see their run end that way. Obviously (I think) Kobe isn't going anywhere...what do you think it would take to get someone like Dwight Hoaward in a Lakers uniform? It seems like Gasol and Bynum, who have been dangled as trade bate so often (whether real or not) have diminishing value...

I think Bynum plus another smaller piece would land Howard (dont forget Howard has that back injury) and I wouldn't do it before but I would def do it now........

This is the problem....the days of the twin towers and slow lethargic players is gone......we dont get any easy points anymoe becuase we are too damn slow......the guard Romon Sessions we brought in is one of the FASTEST young PG's in the game and he has to SLOW DOWN the offense so our bigs can get into position......

Kobe stays

Trade Bynum for Howard and another smaller piece

Trade Gasol for point guard who doesn't mind contact

Keep Jordan Hill

Good bye steve blake

convert this team to a fast paced stype team

I think Bynum plus another smaller piece would land Howard (dont forget Howard has that back injury) and I wouldn't do it before but I would def do it now........

This is the problem....the days of the twin towers and slow lethargic players is gone......we dont get any easy points anymoe becuase we are too damn slow......the guard Romon Sessions we brought in is one of the FASTEST young PG's in the game and he has to SLOW DOWN the offense so our bigs can get into position......Kobe stays

Trade Bynum for Howard and another smaller piece

Trade Gasol for point guard who doesn't mind contact

Keep Jordan Hill

Good bye steve blake

convert this team to a fast paced stype team

I hear you....sounds like the Celtics...this year, more than any, I think Rondo has shown himeself to be an elite point guard...he is great at hanging on to the ball long enough to let the old guys to get into position...

Thing about guys like Bynum and Gasol, they are both very talented, but I don't think they give their best effort, unless they have someone like Kobe pushing/embarassing them into it...there aren't too many guys like Kobe.

Wow, just turned the Heat/Pacers game on, and Udonis Haslem just gave Tyler Hansbrough a very hard flagrant...he should have been booted, by the called it a "flagrant 1"...BS! Apparently Hansbourough did someting to Haslem earlier in the game, but still.. terrible call...this game is ugly...Haslem should not be allowed to play the rest of this game...dirty game going on!

Edited by Buftex

Wow, just turned the Heat/Pacers game on, and Udonis Haslem just gave Tyler Hansbrough a very hard flagrant...he should have been booted, by the called it a "flagrant 1"...BS! Apparently Hansbourough did someting to Haslem earlier in the game, but still.. terrible call...this game is ugly...Haslem should not be allowed to play the rest of this game...dirty game going on!

Haslem did exactly what he should have done andI think the refs made the right decision calling it an F1 and not tossing him. I can't believe the garbage the Pacers have been getting away with in this series and as much as people hate them, the Heat have actually handled it with remarkable self-restraint. I think Hansborough's two armed assault on Wade in the lane was the last straw for them (Psycho-T cut Wade above the eye in the same place Haslem took 10 stitches the other night on a cheap elbow from another Pacer thug) and Haslem dropped the hammer right back on him the first chance he got. If they would have tossed Haslem for protecting his teammates after not tossing any of the Pacers for all the crap they've pulled in the first 4-1/2 games, it would have been a real miscarriage of justice.

Looked at it on its own, it certainly looked like an F2 and an ejection, but within the context of the other stuff that has gone on, I think the stripes did the right thing.

Haslem did exactly what he should have done andI think the refs made the right decision calling it an F1 and not tossing him. I can't believe the garbage the Pacers have been getting away with in this series and as much as people hate them, the Heat have actually handled it with remarkable self-restraint. I think Hansborough's two armed assault on Wade in the lane was the last straw for them (Psycho-T cut Wade above the eye in the same place Haslem took 10 stitches the other night on a cheap elbow from another Pacer thug) and Haslem dropped the hammer right back on him the first chance he got. If they would have tossed Haslem for protecting his teammates after not tossing any of the Pacers for all the crap they've pulled in the first 4-1/2 games, it would have been a real miscarriage of justice.

Looked at it on its own, it certainly looked like an F2 and an ejection, but within the context of the other stuff that has gone on, I think the stripes did the right thing.

Simon, I saw the replay of "Hansborough's two armed assault on Wade in the lane", your description is a little over the top...Hansborough was playing the ball, Haslem was playing Hansboroughs face. It has been a chippy series, no doubt... but if the refs let Haslem get away with that, things are only going to get worse...I would not be shocked to see Haslem suspended for a game...and it would be deserved. NBA is no different than any other sport, things get more physical in the playoffs. LeBron has always had pretty sharp elbows...the Pacers know they are the underdog, they are trying to get in the Heats head, because they have earned a reputation for being mentally weak when the pressure is on...

I can't pull the trigger on picking a winner in west. First time I can recall being completely on the fence.

I don't mind either team...the Spurs are not the most exciting team, but you have to admire their consistency. And they are a pretty good group of guys. I suspect their mix of talent and experience will give them the edge on OKC, but I won't be shocked if the Thunder win either. The assumption seems to be that the Heat will make it in the East...I think the Spurs would have the best shot at beating them...

Edited by Buftex

Exactly...just like a pitcher plunking a batter...not pretty, but sticking up for his teammate. The Pacers rookie at the end is probably regretting his choke sign against lebron.

The Heat looked sharp last night.

glad you said something. I just assumed the game was tonight...i set a stubhub alert, last i checked they were $40...I love the games and it really doesn't matter where you sit, up high or down low...its a great experience. Let me know if you don't go to the game and want to meet for a beer...where in philly will you be?

Pooj

Going to be in Philly tonight..thinking f going to the game. Have you enjoyed the Sixers games?

Exactly...just like a pitcher plunking a batter...not pretty, but sticking up for his teammate. The Pacers rookie at the end is probably regretting his choke sign against lebron.

The Heat looked sharp last night.

Even so, whether it is justified or not, you really can't have a guy punching another player in the face, as retaliation. Haslem didn't even make an attempt to pretend that his punch was just part of a play...he should sit a game. If that had been Ron Artest, he would have got booted, and nobody would think he didn't deserve it. The context of the series doesn't really matter...if it does, than the NBA is, basically, taking the NHL approach to it's game. If the Pacers are getting chippy, or dirty, let the refs call it, and handle it... if Haslem isn't satisfied with the way the refs are calling the game, and wants to take matters into his own hands, than so be it...but he should be suspended.

glad you said something. I just assumed the game was tonight...i set a stubhub alert, last i checked they were $40...I love the games and it really doesn't matter where you sit, up high or down low...its a great experience. Let me know if you don't go to the game and want to meet for a beer...where in philly will you be?

Whoah! $40 for an NBA game...a playoff game! That is awesome...I would be snathcing those up quick. Playoff games, in almost any sport, are a blast. I have been to close to 200 Bills games over the years, my biggest regret, I have never been to a Bills playoff game!