NBA Playoffs thread...

Buftex

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whenever I need to stoke my hatred of the Heat, I think about that victory celebration they had the night after Lebron signed. I felt so bad for Cleveland.

Well, considering the entire OKC organization pulled a LeBron James on the ENTIRE city of Seattle, I think the Thunder are even more detestable and harder to root for. They are the LA Clippers to me. I'm not rooting FOR the Heat so much as rooting AGAINST the Thunder.

That same logic applies to the 2-2-1-1-1 format.

Not really. For the non-home court team to win the series on their court, it would have to be game 6... Not game 5.

Giving anybody a 3 game home stand in a 7 game series is an advantage, IMO... Negates most of the home court advantage... MOST.

Now... If MIA drops just one at home... They are in do-do... Not deep do-do though... ;)

Not really. For the non-home court team to win the series on their court, it would have to be game 6... Not game 5.

Giving anybody a 3 game home stand in a 7 game series is an advantage, IMO... Negates most of the home court advantage... MOST.

Now... If MIA drops just one at home... They are in do-do... Not deep do-do though... ;)

I don't know. If they gave me the option of having games 6 and 7, both more than likely to be series clinchers, AT HOME, I'd take it every time.

I don't know. If they gave me the option of having games 6 and 7, both more than likely to be series clinchers, AT HOME, I'd take it every time.

Agreed. I mean if you lose 4 out of 5 games...even if 3 are on the road...you just lost the series and you damn near got swept so you really don't have a leg to stand on complaining about the structure of the series...you got whooped.

Well history doesn't really agree. Only two teams have swept the middle 3 games at home (one of which was done with an asterisk as the refs pretty much handed Miami Games 3 & 5 in '06).

Well history doesn't really agree. Only two teams have swept the middle 3 games at home (one of which was done with an asterisk as the refs pretty much handed Miami Games 3 & 5 in '06).

If I remember right, didn't Jordan's first title come when the Bulls split at home and then went to LA and swept them on their own court?

In reading Buftex' link to the Phil Jackson article in the Knicks thread, I then read an article on the NBA teams with the most dominating runs to the Finals.

I did see where I was right in my post right above about the Bulls in '91.

But, this is about the Bucks in '71 with Kareem and the Big O:

Milwaukee took care of its business by posting the third-highest score for a second round, the fifth-highest for a conference finals, and the highest one for a Finals -- a four-game rout of Baltimore in which no game was closer than eight points. Thank heavens it went only four; it was played under a bizarre 1-1-1-1-1-1-1 format.

Who would EII think has the advantage under that format?!?

In reading Buftex' link to the Phil Jackson article in the Knicks thread, I then read an article on the NBA teams with the most dominating runs to the Finals.

I did see where I was right in my post right above about the Bulls in '91.

But, this is about the Bucks in '71 with Kareem and the Big O:

Milwaukee took care of its business by posting the third-highest score for a second round, the fifth-highest for a conference finals, and the highest one for a Finals -- a four-game rout of Baltimore in which no game was closer than eight points. Thank heavens it went only four; it was played under a bizarre 1-1-1-1-1-1-1 format.

Who would EII think has the advantage under that format?!?

Not that I don't think it is a viable format... I just don't think a team should have 3 games in a row at home when all they need it 4 to win the series. In best of 7, 2-2-1-1-1 is the best. I know that the results speak otherwise... I just don't like it or think it is fair... Same with a best of 5 for baseball wild card games.

Not that I don't think it is a viable format... I just don't think a team should have 3 games in a row at home when all they need it 4 to win the series. In best of 7, 2-2-1-1-1 is the best. I know that the results speak otherwise... I just don't like it or think it is fair... Same with a best of 5 for baseball wild card games.

I don't like it either. I'm just not sure who it favors.

I think they should go back to this 1-1-1-1-1-1-1 thing!

It favors both teams?!? :unsure:

Yes. Depends if the away team can break one of the first two... The have the potential to finish the series at home... Which the Heat will finally do this time around.

If the home advantage team carries the first two... It favors them no doubt... Because they can finish at home. That is why I think teams usually do not object to this high risk, high reward TRAVEL format... There is a little taken off the home court advantage with this format.

Anyway, IMO... Again, it evens thing out more and takes away some of the home court advantage... I know, results speak for themself...:wallbash:

This isn't about the format being better than others... This format is soley done for travel purposes.

The Miami Heat PA announcer is the worst thing that has ever happened to sports.

Agreed! The whole NBA experience is ridiculous now. Playing music during play. Not one moment of just silence the whole game.

Agreed! The whole NBA experience is ridiculous now. Playing music during play. Not one moment of just silence the whole game.

People can differ on that one issue but I think being in either of arenas during these games would be electric...def. OKC. Pretty good atmosphere IMO probably better than most NFL games.