NBA Playoffs thread...

Buftex

Gee celts fans still sucking the sour grapes. Like the "classy" Garnett and rondo walkkng off the court with time left refusing to shake hands with victorious heat. I wonder if those 2 sour pusses turned off the TV with 5 mins left in last nights game too? Lol

That's a clown argument bro...

I don't think anyone here (other than me) is a Celtics fan. Most (here anyways) hated the C's as much, at one time, as they do the Heat. The Heat, being hated, is good for the game.

Loved it that Garnett and Rondo walked off, if that is how they felt... never bothered me that Lebron did it a few years ago. Or the Pistons way back. If guys want to congratulate the other team afterward, that is their business. I don't hold it against them. But if a guy is playing his heart out and loses, and is pissed or disappointed, I have no problem with them not doing it.

They always say the NHL playoffs are so awesome, because the players line-up and shake hands afterwards...but honestly, to me, it is just an empty, institutionalized tradition...if you don't mean it, don't do it. I am near certain that neither Garnett or Rondo has any personal animosity toward the Heat players...but they were pissed, and disappointed in themselves. Everyone deals with that different. I am sure Lebron and co. didn't lose any sleep over it.

I really think ESPN has sucked the passion out of sports... these guys aren't Colin Cowherd, sitting back and analyzing the slights that those mean guys made to their latest "man crush"... I suspect that most players, on either team, would understand this...it is douchebag analysts that make it an issue, so they have something to spew about all day...players really don't give a ****, and they understand it.

The silver lining, for me, in seeing the Heat win, is seeing McAdoo get another ring. He never got a chance to do it with the Braves...

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mark Cuban killing skip on first take was great earlier - and still great again on now

MC: skip why do you play zone?

SB: um uh lebron shrank

MC: but skip, do you understand what a zone defense is designed to do?

SB: it doesn't matter you make shots or you don't

MC: do you think defense can effect that? Like what would a zone defense do to a player catching it on the block

SB: he didn't make shots

MC: do you know what zone defense is?

SAS: how dare you say the media doesn't research?!?!

MC: then tell me what you saw

SAS: I can only tell you what coaches tell me

MC why can't you watch for yourself

SAS: you only know what your team does cause your coach tells you

MC: fine lets talk about other teams- I watch

SAS: teams lie, how should I know what I'm seeing

Hahaha he killed them.

Edited by NoSaint

Mark Cuban killing skip on first take was great earlier - and still great again on now

MC: skip why do you play zone?

SB: um uh lebron shrank

MC: but skip, do you understand what a zone defense is designed to do?

SB: it doesn't matter you make shots or you don't

MC: do you think defense can effect that? Like what would a zone defense do to a player catching it on the block

SB: he didn't make shots

MC: do you know what zone defense is?

SAS: how dare you say the media doesn't research?!?!

MC: then tell me what you saw

SAS: I can only tell you what coaches tell me

MC why can't you watch for yourself

SAS: you only know what your team does cause your coach tells you

MC: fine lets talk about other teams- I watch

SAS: teams lie, how should I know what I'm seeing

Hahaha he killed them.

I loved this and am glad others saw it. Everything I hate about sports journalism was highlighted by Cuban. These reporters aren't watching games they watch highlights and look at box scores. Cuban absolutely owned them and did it one at a time. Absolutely awesome television.

As for skip you could see it was hard for him to swallow his pride. It'll be interesting to see what he has to say a bout lebron next season. The heat are def in a position to repeat.

I loved this and am glad others saw it. Everything I hate about sports journalism was highlighted by Cuban. These reporters aren't watching games they watch highlights and look at box scores. Cuban absolutely owned them and did it one at a time. Absolutely awesome television.

As for skip you could see it was hard for him to swallow his pride. It'll be interesting to see what he has to say a bout lebron next season. The heat are def in a position to repeat.

He had no idea what the goal of a zone d was, no idea what type of d okc was playing, no idea about a single x's and o's question. He was terrified to continue by the end of it. Totally taken to task. Then to have SAS somehow argue it's not his job to break down film. Unreal.

He had no idea what the goal of a zone d was, no idea what type of d okc was playing, no idea about a single x's and o's question. He was terrified to continue by the end of it. Totally taken to task. Then to have SAS somehow argue it's not his job to break down film. Unreal.

He was and that was great... But Skip was sorta right... Why the heck were they doubling Lebron... He doesn't deserve it... As the joke goes, he can't give you change for a dollar, just gives you three quarters... Almost like OKC threw the damn thing. Really, make Lebron kill you one up... He has never proven he could in the big games... Why let the other teammates win it tossing up threes.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

That's a clown argument bro...

I don't think anyone here (other than me) is a Celtics fan. Most (here anyways) hated the C's as much, at one time, as they do the Heat. The Heat, being hated, is good for the game.

Loved it that Garnett and Rondo walked off, if that is how they felt... never bothered me that Lebron did it a few years ago. Or the Pistons way back. If guys want to congratulate the other team afterward, that is their business. I don't hold it against them. But if a guy is playing his heart out and loses, and is pissed or disappointed, I have no problem with them not doing it.

They always say the NHL playoffs are so awesome, because the players line-up and shake hands afterwards...but honestly, to me, it is just an empty, institutionalized tradition...if you don't mean it, don't do it. I am near certain that neither Garnett or Rondo has any personal animosity toward the Heat players...but they were pissed, and disappointed in themselves. Everyone deals with that different. I am sure Lebron and co. didn't lose any sleep over it.

I really think ESPN has sucked the passion out of sports... these guys aren't Colin Cowherd, sitting back and analyzing the slights that those mean guys made to their latest "man crush"... I suspect that most players, on either team, would understand this...it is douchebag analysts that make it an issue, so they have something to spew about all day...players really don't give a ****, and they understand it.

The silver lining, for me, in seeing the Heat win, is seeing McAdoo get another ring. He never got a chance to do it with the Braves...

I'm all for hatred. I do not like seeing NFL players joking after a game, esp. one where I am pissed off because the Bills lost............I used to think no way is Mike Foligno going to shake Gord Kluzak's hand - it seemed to me they fought every night. And, I'd be disappointed when he did!

Not really. With a healthy Bulls team and real season... They will fail as usual. Put an * next to this "lock out champion."

Except Derrick rose isn't going to be healthy because he tore his acl in the playoffs. Lebron came into his own this year lockout or not.

He was and that was great... But Skip was sorta right... Why the heck were they doubling Lebron... He doesn't deserve it... As the joke goes, he can't give you change for a dollar, just gives you three quarters... Almost like OKC threw the damn thing. Really, make Lebron kill you one up... He has never proven he could in the big games... Why let the other teammates win it tossing up threes.

Stop it lebron did kill them 1 on 1. He got a triple double in the last game. He carried the heat while bosh was out an while wade struggled throughout. Nobody threw this series. I get it you don't like lebron but this playoffs he dominated throughout. He proved this year he could win the big one. Game 6 in the Boston series was an amazing performance... And please don't get confused I'm a lakers fan.

Except Derrick rose isn't going to be healthy because he tore his acl in the playoffs. Lebron came into his own this year lockout or not.

Can a basketball guard who relies on speed, quickness and agility ever really come back from that type of injury ?

Stop it lebron did kill them 1 on 1. He got a triple double in the last game. He carried the heat while bosh was out an while wade struggled throughout. Nobody threw this series. I get it you don't like lebron but this playoffs he dominated throughout. He proved this year he could win the big one. Game 6 in the Boston series was an amazing performance... And please don't get confused I'm a lakers fan.

Let's play a little Jeopardy .....

Answer: Lebron James

Question: what would happen if you crossed Magic Johnson, Dr J and Shaquille O'Neal?

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Can a basketball guard who relies on speed, quickness and agility ever really come back from that type of injury?

I don't recall details of his (any complicating factors) but acl injuries aren't what they once were. Sure, they still take a long time but they are being fixed quicker and stronger than ever before. It seems the hardest part is learning to trust it once you get back out there.

I could be wrong but I'd think in football you can disguise it better. Some of them like Mcgahee get a little bigger and stronger as a result of rehab, which also helps compensate somewhat for the resulting loss of some speed and agility. Plus football you're one of 11 guys on the field and you only play on one side of the ball.

No question about it, and not just in sports. News is no longer about the news, it's about the production of delivering it to you.

ESPN was a cool idea when it was founded because you could get the game scores/highlights at any time. But the internet has taken over that role -- I haven't watched ESPN to find out a score in years. So now that ESPN TV is useless for providing sports news, all they do 24x7 is blather about 'controversy' and other meaningless minutiae hour after hour. And it's the same story with 24x7 cable news; there's nothing new to report so the bubble-headed bleach blonds just regurgitate trivial nonsense.

No question about it, and not just in sports. News is no longer about the news, it's about the production of delivering it to you.

ESPN was a cool idea when it was founded because you could get the game scores/highlights at any time. But the internet has taken over that role -- I haven't watched ESPN to find out a score in years. So now that ESPN TV is useless for providing sports news, all they do 24x7 is blather about 'controversy' and other meaningless minutiae hour after hour. And it's the same story with 24x7 cable news; there's nothing new to report so the bubble-headed bleach blonds just regurgitate trivial nonsense.

It's amazing that they haven't been able to adapt and put actual insightful shows on instead of 2 or 4 guys yelling at each other about who wants it more. Getting back to the Cuban thing - id be generally very interested in shows that break down x's and o's - it's my impression that things like grudens qb camp do very well. What of they did a show each week where he spent half an hour breaking down his last Monday night game he covered and then his next ones matchup, for instance. I guess the pre game should do that but....

. Or they could have two guys debate but both bring film breakdown and do the topic well . A handful of topics would fill a ton of time.

Edited by NoSaint

Question: what would happen if you crossed Magic Johnson, Dr J and Shaquille O'Neal?

Sounds more like Hakeem Olajuwan. Just saying...

Athletically, nobody touches LeBron. He just doesn't seem to get it sometimes. "The Decision" was the worst PR move in the history of media. He went from beloved hometown underdog to biggest villain in sports in a heartbeat. The dumbass pep rally with the forklifts, smoke machines and declaration of winning 7 titles was the second worst PR move of all time. I don't think he's as stupid as these moves make him seem. Just really sheltered by his people.

Athletically, nobody touches LeBron. He just doesn't seem to get it sometimes. "The Decision" was the worst PR move in the history of media. He went from beloved hometown underdog to biggest villain in sports in a heartbeat. The dumbass pep rally with the forklifts, smoke machines and declaration of winning 7 titles was the second worst PR move of all time. I don't think he's as stupid as these moves make him seem. Just really sheltered by his people.

On another note...

Remeber when Bledsoe came to town... We should be on our 5th championship by now! :D

Well Lebron made the RIGHT decision didnt he???

He gave cleveland his all for 6 yrs. In that time the Cavs had to find him enough players to support a championship team and failed to do so. So when his contract was up and had a chance to play with D.Wade AND Bosh in Miami of all places that was an easy choice.

Actually I blame ESPN for blowing "The Decision" WAY out of wack. That was the dumbest thing I ever saw on ESPN. It was just about ratings. And Lebron was dumb enough to fall for it. It slapped the Cavs organization and the City in the face. Now if he just would have went to Miami and held a press conference, shed some real or fake tears about leaving his hometown for a better opportunity I think everybody would have took it much better in cleveland.

Well Lebron made the RIGHT decision didnt he???

He gave cleveland his all for 6 yrs. In that time the Cavs had to find him enough players to support a championship team and failed to do so. So when his contract was up and had a chance to play with D.Wade AND Bosh in Miami of all places that was an easy choice.

Actually I blame ESPN for blowing "The Decision" WAY out of wack. That was the dumbest thing I ever saw on ESPN. It was just about ratings. And Lebron was dumb enough to fall for it. It slapped the Cavs organization and the City in the face. Now if he just would have went to Miami and held a press conference, shed some real or fake tears about leaving his hometown for a better opportunity I think everybody would have took it much better in cleveland.

Yeah... If you think colluding with three buddy's is good sportsmanship.

My point exactly.