NBA Playoffs thread...

Buftex

And, you were right when you said that you were torn about tonight's game. When I thought that Celtics were going to win, I said now I won't even be interested in the Finals.........Now I'm all in!

heck yeah, should be a great series! Unless the Heat win, then that would ruin the entire thing :D

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

heck yeah, should be a great series! Unless the Heat win, then that would ruin the entire thing :D

You better take your Philly cheesesteak eating butt and hide for this series AJ... Don't put the hex on the Thunder!

Anyway... Even if the Heat do win... Can the get an * as champions in a lock out shortened year?

Just kidding with you...

You better take your Philly cheesesteak eating butt and hide for this series AJ... Don't put the hex on the Thunder!

Anyway... Even if the Heat do win... Can the get an * as champions in a lock out shortened year?

Just kidding with you...

:lol:

And, you were right when you said that you were torn about tonight's game. When I thought that Celtics were going to win, I said now I won't even be interested in the Finals.........Now I'm all in!

You know when you'll get it?

When your head is rolling down the stairs, along with Count Chocula's.

Hey dude don't embarrass yourself. This is not a history thread so I don't want to get too far away from basketball. Let me just request that you do a little research into the most early famous multiple killer. He was in England and is known as "the ripper" in today's parlance but at the time he was known as the "Apple Jack" as "Apple" was a name for prostitute and he killed prostitutes. General Mills or whoever unfortunately named their cereal without knowing this and had to keep the name after the product became so popular. Ever since this, the criminologists and such have coined the phrase "cereal killer". I know some people think it is "serial" but those were movies in the 50s that ran in short chapters before full length features. Clearly that term makes no sense.

Anyway, can someone answer my 24 second clock question? This is a basketball thread.

I don't know whether I think it was unsportsmanlike and low class for Rondo and KG to walk off the court before the end of the game - or whether I like it because I want players to be pissed off and care.

I don't know whether I think it was unsportsmanlike and low class for Rondo and KG to walk off the court before the end of the game - or whether I like it because I want players to be pissed off and care.

LBJ did the same. No reason to expect him to receive better.

Glad to see the Celts go down. Now looking forward to seeing Miami go down.

LBJ did the same. No reason to expect him to receive better.

Glad to see the Celts go down. Now looking forward to seeing Miami go down.

Did he leave the court early two years ago when he couldn't even wait to get to the locker room before ripping that Cavs jersey off for the last time?

Did he leave the court early two years ago when he couldn't even wait to get to the locker room before ripping that Cavs jersey off for the last time?

He might have. Have only really started watching basketball (again) in the just the playoffs this year, and last year's Finals.

Well, then when did Lebron leave early?

He said that he couldn't shake hands with someone who has just beaten him because of his competitive nature. It was against the Magic, and he called to congratulate Dwight Howard the next day, IIRC.

This may just be an individual choice by some players...being on the court, especially as the opposing team, can get messy...fans milling about...trying to corral the winning team for the 'pomp & ceremony'...they may just have wanted to get away from it and let the heat enjoy their moment...

This may just be an individual choice by some players...being on the court, especially as the opposing team, can get messy...fans milling about...trying to corral the winning team for the 'pomp & ceremony'...they may just have wanted to get away from it and let the heat enjoy their moment...

I would stick up for KG and Rondo just like I stuck up for LeBron a few years ago, when this was a big "to do". I think all the pro sports make a mistake in forcing, or expecting their athletes or coaches, to react immediately after a win or loss. They are only asking for trouble, from a PR perspective. This was a hard faught series...one team (Miami) had the weight of the world on their shoulders, while the other was being disregarded since the begininig of the playoffs. Both teams have a lot of pride.

I am sure Rondo and Garnett were devistated by the loss... just as James was a few years ago... they compete hard, and some guys (some of the greatest in all sports) have said that they have to view their oppenant as their enemy. You would rarely see Garnett or Rondo being buddy-buddy on the court with players from other teams, like so many players are nowadays. It isn't their style, and likely what makes fans of other teams hate them so much... and it is also a big part of what makes them great players. If you watched the press conferences afterwards, Rondo, at least (didn't see Garnett) repeated over and over that Miami was a great team, but you could tell he was still stinging from the loss.

Im not a big Heat fan but I just think they would gave OKC a better matchup. It should be a damn good series.

Think that Rondo and Pierce are the backbone of the C's now. Garnett I think is done and Ray Allen might be done as well. They had a great 5 yrs and did win one Championship together. Doc Rivers is one heck of a coach. Boston was not at full strength and it showed in the end.

I will be glad for either team if they win. Maybe hoping OKC does it just a little more than Miami.

Im not a big Heat fan but I just think they would gave OKC a better matchup. It should be a damn good series.

Think that Rondo and Pierce are the backbone of the C's now. Garnett I think is done and Ray Allen might be done as well. They had a great 5 yrs and did win one Championship together. Doc Rivers is one heck of a coach. Boston was not at full strength and it showed in the end.

I will be glad for either team if they win. Maybe hoping OKC does it just a little more than Miami.

I know the C's were old, but Garnett had a decent season, and a great playoff...I don't think he is done at all. He will play somewhere next season...he still has game left. Allen is the one that is hard to read...he really did not have a great playoff, but has broken bones in his ankle. My hunch is, Garnett comes back to Boston, with Pierce and Rondo, and Ray Allen ends up somewhere back in the Western Conference... a guy with his perimeter shooting skills (when healthy) would be a nice piece to have for a team that is on the brink of being really good...maybe Denver? Lakers? Garnett would be a great fit for the Lakers, but that would be hard for me to watch.

Miami and OKC should make a great final. Two young, athletic teams.. I will be pulling for Perkins and the Thunder...

I know the C's were old, but Garnett had a decent season, and a great playoff...I don't think he is done at all. He will play somewhere next season...he still has game left. Allen is the one that is hard to read...he really did not have a great playoff, but has broken bones in his ankle. My hunch is, Garnett comes back to Boston, with Pierce and Rondo, and Ray Allen ends up somewhere back in the Western Conference... a guy with his perimeter shooting skills (when healthy) would be a nice piece to have for a team that is on the brink of being really good...maybe Denver? Lakers? Garnett would be a great fit for the Lakers, but that would be hard for me to watch.

Miami and OKC should make a great final. Two young, athletic teams.. I will be pulling for Perkins and the Thunder...

What about my Mavs? Could KG fill

the void that Chandler left?

What about my Mavs? Could KG fill

the void that Chandler left?

Mavs might not be a bad match for KG Like inkman says, it would make an old team older...but the window for all those guys is going to close sooner than later. If they added KG and some other pieces, he could be a valuable contributer.

Rumor has it the Spurs might be very interested in Garnett, if he hits free-agency.

Personally, I would love for the Celtics to keep Garnett... they need to get younger, but I still think, with Pierce, Garnett and Rondo, they can make a decent playoff run...barring injuries, hard to imagine the Heat and Thunder not dominating the two conferences for the forseeable future.

Maybe holding on to old vets so, with your best hope is to make it to the semi-finals is kind of backwards thinking...but from the early 90's to 2007, the Celtics were absolute garbage for the most part...Pierce and Antowan Walker were the only two higher caliber players to emerge from the Celtics franchise in all that time. And, in retrospect, they had some good talent coming in and out of Boston all those years, they just never excelled until they went to other teams...a guy like Rondo, in my opinion, would probably be a fringe player, at best, right now (or possibly out of the league) if he had come around during those dark years. It is good for young guys to be around guys who know how to win.