Buffalo Bills 2012 NFL Overall Draft Grade

Kiper gave us a C

Just watched the link you gave. They give us Brian Billick to review our pick and he takes 1 min to say he isn't sure if we caught up to NE. They spent time on the Jets, along time on the Phins and reviewed like each pick, they spent time on the Pats* too...

fail :wallbash:

Edited by reed83 4th Rounder

Kiper gave us a C

Just watched the link you gave. They give us Brian Billick to review our pick and he takes 1 min to say he isn't sure if we caught up to NE. They spent time on the Jets, along time on the Phins and reviewed like each pick, they spent time on the Pats* too...

fail :wallbash:

You did not watch the whole thing. About 30 seconds towards the end they talk about the Bills and how good we did.... :wallbash:

Also who cares what Kiper says, look at what he did last year. ^^

http://www.ninersnation.com/2012/1/11/2700326/mel-kiper-regrade-49ers-2011-nfl-draft-class

Edited by Awwufelloff

You did not watch the whole thing. About 30 seconds towards the end they talk about the Bills and how good we did.... :wallbash:

I did it was just Lombardi tossing out his grades, saying he liked Gilmore & Tank. Cahrles Davis went down the entire Phins draft board with comments. Mayock commented on the Jets top 3 picks and most of the Pats picks. All we had was Billick, "I don't know if Chan Gailey's approach is right. I don't know how much they closed the gap the Pats*, we will see..." No wonder Billick is still sitting in the booth - is he pissed we passed on him and didn't interview him? :censored: Jerk

I did it was just Lombardi tossing out his grades, saying he liked Gilmore & Tank. Cahrles Davis went down the entire Phins draft board with comments. Mayock commented on the Jets top 3 picks and most of the Pats picks. All we had was Billick, "I don't know if Chan Gailey's approach is right. I don't know how much they closed the gap the Pats*, we will see..." No wonder Billick is still sitting in the booth - is he pissed we passed on him and didn't interview him? :censored: Jerk

He's being honest. -Even a bit Kind! I can flat out tell you that we DID NOT close the gap with the Pats this draft. All the know-it-all's on this board assured me that the Pats would surely trade their first two picks. No one thought they'd use them to re-up because the Pats just don't do that. I was VERY skeptical. Lo and behold, the Pats come away with some of the best defensive talent on the board. Three highly touted DE's, and an OLB/DE

I can deal with the fact that we have a bad owner. I can deal with the fact that Buddy, and Chan are the best we can afford right now. I can even deal with the fact that the scrub we have at QB is our guy for the forseeable future. What I cannot deal with is people pretending that we haven't been absent from the playoffs for over a decade. Where are all the weapons we were supposed to get for Fitz? Nice goin' on the re-build, Buddy.

At this rate, I'll only be 90 before the playoff drought ends.

He's being honest. -Even a bit Kind! I can flat out tell you that we DID NOT close the gap with the Pats this draft. All the know-it-all's on this board assured me that the Pats would surely trade their first two picks. No one thought they'd use them to re-up because the Pats just don't do that. I was VERY skeptical. Lo and behold, the Pats come away with some of the best defensive talent on the board. Three highly touted DE's, and an OLB/DE

I can deal with the fact that we have a bad owner. I can deal with the fact that Buddy, and Chan are the best we can afford right now. I can even deal with the fact that the scrub we have at QB is our guy for the forseeable future. What I cannot deal with is people pretending that we haven't been absent from the playoffs for over a decade. Where are all the weapons we were supposed to get for Fitz? Nice goin' on the re-build, Buddy.

You sound miserable. Do yourself a favor and stop watching the Bills, because Nix and Chan ain't going anywhere. If this good of an offseason and this good of a draft (on paper) don't have you feeling the slightest bit optimistic, well, I just don't know what to say.

Meh, I never read too much into early draft grades. They mean relatively nothing and are more for the fan to get a little excited or upset with what the team has done.

Personally, I think we did well in the draft. We acquired players of need and also players that will push other players at certain positions. Overall, to me that's a good draft. If we end up with 2-3 new starters that's a GREAT draft, but no one will know that till an actual down of football is played.

You sound miserable. Do yourself a favor and stop watching the Bills, because Nix and Chan ain't going anywhere. If this good of an offseason and this good of a draft (on paper) don't have you feeling the slightest bit optimistic, well, I just don't know what to say.

He is miserable. Just ignore him. Never has anything positive to say.

I say we ban 89 year-olds from posting on this board. They're mean, crochety, & pessimistic!

I agree with eball, you are very miserable and that is no way to live. No one's pretending that the Bills havent't been absent from the playoffs for 12 years. They are just being optimistic about the improvements the last few years. I THINK YOU (AND ALL THE PEOPLE WHO THINK LIKE YOU) SHOULD STOP PRETENDING THAT BUDDY NIX AND CHAN GAILEY HAVE BEEN APART OF THIS LOSING ORGANIZATION FOR 12 YEARS BECAUSE THEY HAVE NOT!!!!! They have both done a commendable job (especially buddy) and should not be associated with the past 10 years of ineptitude before 2010 of the Bills organization because they were not even here!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel sorry for people like you. Constantly miserable and negative. Being a fan of the NFL is meant to be enjoyed so wtf are you doing with your life if you are a downer even when it comes to entertainment? By posting your negativity are you trying to get people to also become miserable with you? Loser.

Im not trying to be mean here, I just dont like when people try to bring other fans down with these type of (illogical) negative comments :rolleyes:

GO BILLS!!!!! GREAT DRAFT IN MY OPINION!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for another encouraging contribution 34 - is it time for some counseling? there are fee clinics around you could try.

I think the draft grade of A is accurate all considered. But realistically we all know that only time will tell.

I am left laughing when Nix and Co. are held accountable for the last 12 years! #34 i hope this season becomes the one you remember best when you got back on board. B-)

It sucks to be you but I really feel sorry for the people who have to deal with you on a regular basis.

You know, I started to write a detailed response to this, and deleted it. I really don't know what to say, not because there aren't reasoned responses, but because this degree of negativism seems beyond any reasoned response.

Do you dress often in sackcloth and ashes? Do you keep a whip and a cilice in a coffeecan under your bed?

Who is pretending we haven't been absent from the playoffs for over a decade? We all seem totally aware of it.

What are "all the weapons we were supposed to get for Fitz"? What I thought we were supposed to get for Fitz was quality depth on the OL, and we did that. I would have liked to see us draft a different WR, but Nix clearly had a plan. If you want to gnash your teeth because his choice isn't your choice or my choice, go right ahead. Seems to me Fitz has a pretty good collection of weapons already, what he needs is some confidence if he goes 3 and out, he'll get the ball back to try again without the opponents scoring. Well, that, and the ability to get through the season without broken ribs.

In 3 years, the starters on both sides of the ball have been almost totally revamped (players who were already on the team weren't starters or weren't playing at their current position), and most of us see this as change for the better.

We got closer last year, splitting with New England and putting a good scare on the 2nd Mia and Jets game. We seem to have focused on improving where most rational analysis indicates we needed it most, on D.

I totally don't get the attitude of mourning and woe - unless you revel in it.

Edited by Hopeful

Doesn't Mario Wialliams cancel at least two of those out, and Mark Anderson at least one of them. So...according to my math, we're even?

I'd give this draft a B+ and the offseason as a whole a A+.

Only a B+ because of the first pick. Overall I couldn't be happier with what the front office has done.

The success of the Bills this season depends upon Fitz and Gaileys play calling in my opinion.

as bad as we were on defense last year, we were still 5 spots AHEAD of the magical, unable to beat a team with a winning record except for the ravens, split with and almost got swept by the buffalo bills, 35 year old quarterbacked new england patriots.

and then we signed mario williams.

and then we signed away their best defensive lineman.

and then the patriots drafted a defensive end who's brother fights in the UFC so he got some publicity, even though he only managed 10 sacks in 3 years at syracuse (which is what mark anderson had last year in the actual NFL, not the big east, but, you know, silly facts...) So, clearly they are the best run franchise in the history of sports even though they havent won a championship since they got busted for CHEATING, havent had a top 10 or even top 15 defense since pioli left for kansas city, and aside from lee evans dropping a game winning touchdown against them, havent beaten an above .500 team since 2010.

some of you guys should be patriots fans, you could take this absolute awe of an aura that doesnt exist, and turn it into genuine fandom.

lets talk about being scared of pittsburgh. the team that has won 2 superbowls and played in 3 since new england last won one.

Edited by JohnnyGold

I read this blog often and rarely post anything, but over the past couple years I have come to the conclusion that Buffalo is either the most misserable city in the world and the Bills fans are complete idiots or there are many patriot fans pretending to be Bills fans and do nothing but complain and try to bring down any hope we have, true we have not done well for over a decade now, but we have been nothing except improve since Chan and Buddy has taken over, the original question was have we gained on the patriots and without question it is yes, they may have gotten better but we gained much more ground than they did