Same Old Same Old

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I would have felt much better about the draft if they drafted Floyd #1 and Glenn #2. CB's don't win games. As far as Graham goes, I don't know a thing about him but I will say the highlights of him catching passes and out-running the secondary looked great. Mayock said Graham was slotted for the 7th round. This was a marquis pick for Nix because he traded up to get him and had him rated higher than most did. If the pick pans Nix will look brilliant. If he flops, Nix looks like a clown. This is probably one of the defining picks for the Buddy Nix era.

:wallbash:

i'm gunna go with spiller, dareus, glenn, and gilmore instead...

3rd rounders defining an entire regime... for !@#$'s sake..

Personally, I would have felt much better about the draft if they drafted Floyd #1 and Glenn #2. CB's don't win games. As far as Graham goes, I don't know a thing about him but I will say the highlights of him catching passes and out-running the secondary looked great. Mayock said Graham was slotted for the 7th round. This was a marquis pick for Nix because he traded up to get him and had him rated higher than most did. If the pick pans Nix will look brilliant. If he flops, Nix looks like a clown. This is probably one of the defining picks for the Buddy Nix era.

Defining... 3rd round... really?

My impression of the draft so far is that Chan and Buddy think they are smarter than everyone else, same as our wonderful former GM Tom Donahoe.

1. They take a left tackle no one thinks can play left tackle when there are at least 2 more polished left tackles still out there.

2.They draft a nobody wide receiver whose only asset is speed and who will not play for us this year AND THEY TRADED UP TO GET HIM!

3. This despite glaring needs at other positions, such as QB and linebacker.

For all those who trust in Buddy, haven't we seen this before?

My impression is the exact opposite. They are getting the exact players that they want, who happen to fill the positions we need, and they are for the most part (the first two picks) staying on the beaten path by picking SEC starters with long resumes, good character, and excellent measurables.

Buddy & Chan comment on day 2

On if they chose the best players available with the selection of Glenn today:

BN: Yes, I mean he certainly tempted us, but again, we’ve been trying to get a guy that we thought was good enough to be a starting left tackle in this league, and we thought Cordy Glenn was that guy from the start. We wanted to fix that if we could and we’ve always said that.

On if Glenn is a guard:

BN: No he’s not a guard. He started 50 games, the last 16 was left tackle. We put it out there, we tried to spread the rumor that he was a guard and hope somebody wouldn’t take him.

On if they were surprised Glenn was still there:

BN: Shocked that he was there. I guess that’s about as well as we can say. He was certainly on the list.

Graham Conference Call

On how much contact he had with the Bills prior to the draft:

I had a couple of meetings with them and talked with them a couple of times. It was a destination that I saw myself going to. I am really going to enjoy it.

My impression of the poster so far is that he thinks he is smarter than everyone else, same as our wonderful former GM Tom Donahoe. You should print this thread out and then shove it you negative know it all alcoholic moron. Was that overboard?

Since when is Cordy Glenn someone who everyone thinks can't play LT? Gil Brandt, Pat Kirwan, and Tim Ryan all certainly think he can.

One of the NFL Network guys bagged on the Glenn pick pretty hard...said he could be a dominant NFL guard, possibly a Pro-Bowl right tackle, but not an adequate left tackle. I only heard, did not see, but I think it was Mayock...the ESPN guys, for the most part, didn't think it was a bad pick, though Kiper thought there were better options at the position, at that point, than Glenn...who knows how any of this stuff will pan out...good coaching/schemes could be the difference maker with so many of these guys. I don't follow the college game like you, and so many others here, all that close...though I do watch the big games when I can...I can't say that I have seen any of our first three picks play...but I like our coaching staff!

Any other tackle out there was projected more of a right tackle, not left. Like Martin who got picked after us, he will play rt for Miami. But he will be a good right tackle for them.

The only player that the experts 'knew" could play left tackle was kahil

Martin will struggle as a RT. He's not nearly strong enough. Mario will eat him for lunch for years to come.

Surely, you can't be serious.

Hyperbole, anyone?

Easily. A third round pick isn't a defining pick for anyone, ever.

My impression of the draft so far

Impression. Hmmm. There are lots of impressions. For example:

This guy's impression was that if he cut off his ear, this chick would give him some. And, he was an Impressionist!

is that Chan and Buddy think they are smarter than everyone else, same as our wonderful former GM Tom Donahoe.

Yeah....that's a valid analogy

Donahoe got Drew Bledsoe and traded away Peerless Price.

Buddy got Mario Williams and traded away Lee Evans.

It's the same old thing. :lol:

1. They take a left tackle no one thinks can play left tackle when there are at least 2 more polished left tackles still out there.

2.They draft a nobody wide receiver whose only asset is speed and who will not play for us this year AND THEY TRADED UP TO GET HIM!

1. Wrong

2. Wanna bet 100 naked youtube pushups on whether TJ sees the field this year?

3. QB and LB? WTF? Yeah...Buddy stupidly signed Barnett and drafted Sheppard last year. :lol: But LB is a massive hole. Which QB should we have drafted in the third round? Nick Foles = Drew Blesoe V2.0? In this offense?

Dude your impression of reality? Well, we already covered that with the pic above didn't we? Don't cut your ear off....she's not that into you.

My impression of the draft so far is that Chan and Buddy think they are smarter than everyone else, same as our wonderful former GM Tom Donahoe.

hmmmmmm

- Pretty much the only one who doesnt think he can play OT is maylock....who I respect.....but dont agree with in this case. Glen is a Marcus McNeil clone.

- we wont play Graham? You do realize we were pulling wr's off the practice squad left and right last year....oh yeah...hell play....and since he provides the deep speed for Gailey's spread formations....he will probably play a lot

- QB is a need? you might think so....but we just signed a QB long term and brought in a NFL vteran to back him up....and WHO exactly is supposed to be an upgrade

- Linebacker? Starters are set....we do need depth....but the draft isn't over

- QB is a need? you might think so....but we just signed a QB long term and brought in a NFL vteran to back him up....and WHO exactly is supposed to be an upgrade

You don't get it. Bills should have traded their next three drafts for Andrew Luck.

Still, interesting that OP won't answer the question if he's ever considered the possibility that *he* is wrong

Wagon Circler, I agree. We should fire Nix and all our national and regional scouts and hire you. You clearly know more about scouting than these folks who have dedicated their lives to it.

1. Gailey says, "I think he has just tapped his potential at left tackle. In our evaluation we think he can go a long way at left tackle." Our national scout Darrell Scout (who coached for 28 years before becoming a scout), says "We just think as you looked at him, he got better every week. I thought he was an excellent player (tackle) at the end of the season..." Nix says, "No he’s not a guard. He started 50 games, the last 16 was left tackle. We put it out there, we tried to spread the rumor that he was a guard and hope somebody wouldn’t take him."

But I'm sure you've watched more game tape than Gailey or Moody or Nix and have a more informed opinion.

2. Nix says, “We like his speed and he can catch the football and return. They’ll have to cover deep.” SI says, "Graham comes with a large amount of upside and should only get better with NFL coaching."

But you are right! We wasted an extraordinarily valuable 7th round pick (227th overall) to trade up for him. What was Buddy thinking? How often do you get the 227th pick? We should not squander such a valuable resource just to get a guy who can stretch the field and help Stevie get open. It's obvious by your detailed, cogent, accurate observations that you spent far more hours watching game tape and interviewing coaches and scouts than Buddy did. It's really too bad you aren't the GM.

3. Again, you are perfectly correct. Why draft a CB when Florence and McGee are in their 30s and fading, and McKelvin has played poorly and is a FA next year anyway? Why worry about the future? And why draft a CB when our Pass Defense was ranked 25th in yards per play and 26th in opponent passing efficiency? Our Pass Offense was in the upper half of the league in yards despite Fitz's broken ribs and beat-up offensive line and receiving corps so clearly QB is a bigger priority.

Forget the "I trust in Buddy" mantra. I trust in Wagon Circler!

how about Streeter who was a little bit faster and half a foot taller. I love the first two very excited Glenn fell to us. I just am upset they took Graham who was rated as a 7th rounder. Hopefully he isnt a bust but 2 out a 3 aint bad.

The Honey Badger is doing a good job

Rated by who? Someone who watches as much tape as a NFL franchise's scouting department? The draftniks overvalue some players and undervalue others every year mostly because they just don't do as much homework as the NFL scouts. Neither Tackles nor CBs nor WRs come off the board in the order that Kiper (or anyone else) rates them because the professional scouts rate them differently.

Rated by who? Someone who watches as much tape as a NFL franchise's scouting department? The draftniks overvalue some players and undervalue others every year mostly because they just don't do as much homework as the NFL scouts. Neither Tackles nor CBs nor WRs come off the board in the order that Kiper (or anyone else) rates them because the professional scouts rate them differently.

No, no, no. As I learned in the shoutbox last night, you have it all wrong. The NFL GMs and scouts who actually have the resources to adequately scout virtually *every single player* eligible for this draft, provide an in-depth report on them, and who have far more access to their college programs and coaches probably know less than the draft-tards on the websites who *might* scout the top 150-200, can properly sum up a prospect in one short paragraph, and largely rely on the ever-accurate practice of recycling each other's info.

Years ago I got so pissed when the Bills picked John Fina in the first round and stormed out of the house because Mel Kiper and a few others had rated him as a 3rd rounder. Fina was never an All-Pro, but he played a solid LT for a long time. He was worth the late 1st round selection he was taken at. Disappointed in these picks, fine, everyone's entitled to their opinion, but absolutely no one can know exactly how any of these players' careers are going to turn out.

Edited by Flatlander