Kiper's Round 2 Mock

JÂy RÛßeÒ

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Give that kid a year in a professional nutritional and training program and he's gonna be a fixture at LT. He can move for a man his size. He's got them "athletic feet" or something like whatever Whaley mentioned recently.

I wouldn't be too upset.

GO BILLS!!!

Don Banks seems to agree:

http://www.cnnsi.com/2012/writers/don_banks/04/27/2012.nfl.draft.second.round.mock/index.html

Bills

OT

Jonathan Martin

Stanford

Sr. 6-6 304

Bills GM Buddy Nix kept talking about needing to come away with a starting left offensive tackle in this draft, and it only took him one round longer than was first expected.

I wouldn't hate it, but I think we need a WR more than T, IMO.

Tim-

but i think we can get a real wr in the 3rd, and dont feel the same about tackle - if we are talking filling need. the wr in the 3rd might be closer to ready than whichever OT is there in the second even.

His quote is way off base. Buddy has said that we want to add 2 tackles for depth and that they love Chris Hairston as the starer at LT. He never once said we need a starting LT from this draft. I would be happy with this pick, but Banks needs to check his factual accuracy.

but i think we can get a real wr in the 3rd, and dont feel the same about tackle - if we are talking filling need. the wr in the 3rd might be closer to ready than whichever OT is there in the second even.

For the first time in a long time, I feel ho hum about the order of the picks. I think this is a good thing. Yes we could use an OT, yes we could use another WR, yes we could use a CB etc.. I just don't think we're in dire staits for any single position this year, and BPA (Although rather cliche) seems the best approach. I'd prefer Hill over Martin, but like I said I wouldn't mach on 1BD if Nix took him.. :)

Tim-

Here come the Martin fans... I for one am not one... I wouldn't mind WR or even LB. But if we must go with tackle I take Glenn over Martin in a bird's heartbeat.

Agree, I like the kid from North Carolina, OLB43, Zack Brown! A real nice front seven with this addition.

Edited by TAinLA

His quote is way off base. Buddy has said that we want to add 2 tackles for depth and that they love Chris Hairston as the starer at LT. He never once said we need a starting LT from this draft. I would be happy with this pick, but Banks needs to check his factual accuracy.

We may not need a starting LT but you can bet if we get one he will be plugged right in. Hairston can play either side. I think he is better than Pears. If we get Martin we know what the starting O-line should look like, Pears will be good depth.

We may not need a starting LT but you can bet if we get one he will be plugged right in. Hairston can play either side. I think he is better than Pears. If we get Martin we know what the starting O-line should look like, Pears will be good depth.

Didn't they just re-sign Pears for decent money?

I think the Bills like Hairston at LT but might sign Martin to compete. Either way, we'd have some depth if Pears or Hairston went down. We can't do the Levitre to tackle experiment again.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.