Best Pick / Worst Pick

Okay, so the 1st round is over. Using your unbiased opinion, who do you think was the best pick and who do you think was the worst pick?

My opinion, Best Pick: G Decastro to Pittsburgh. Very surprised he fell that far.

Worst Pick: LB Bruce Irvin to Seattle. Wow, wasn't even on my radar... they certainly should have traded down.

Edited by BuckeyeBill

I think the Eagles and Chargers both got guys rated higher than where they were taken in Fletcher Cox and Melvin Ingram respectively.

I'd agree with you the Bruce Irvin was the biggest "holy crap he went that high" pick. I also think Dontari Poe & Shea McClellin will be looked back on as 1st round misses.

To be 100% honest I'm not totally high on Gilmore. The fact that guys like Mayock and Greg Cossell of NFL Films are really high on gilmore has me feeling good about the pick, but I question his instincts. He seems to lose the battle on those 50/50 balls more often than not, and CB's who lack that ability to snatch INTS scare me a bit.

Okay, so the 1st round is over. Using your unbiased opinion, who do you think was the best pick and who do you think was the worst pick?

My opinion, Best Pick: G Decastro to Pittsburgh. Very surprised he fell that far.

Worst Pick: LB Bruce Irvin to Seattle. Wow, wasn't even on my radar... they certainly should have traded down.

Coples and Poe are the worst picks just because they don't belong, Irvin was a shocker but the morons of the Day was Cleveland when you know Richardson would be there when they drafted and even if some other team was trying to jump them just take Blackmon instead. They gave up way too much for a RB. they could have had Blackmon, Weedon and then get Lamar Miller in the second :doh: .

Browns pick with Weeden. 28 year old QB taken in the first round?

This!

They still don't have a #1 WR, so who the hell is Weeden going to throw the ball to? Not to mention I would bet they could have gotten Weeden in rd 2 or maybe 3. This one was a head scratcher.

Coples and Poe are the worst picks just because they don't belong, Irvin was a shocker but the morons of the Day was Cleveland when you know Richardson would be there when they drafted and even if some other team was trying to jump them just take Blackmon instead. They gave up way too much for a RB. they could have had Blackmon, Weedon and then get Lamar Miller in the second :doh: .

ANd don't they still have Payton Hillis?

I had a feeling Gilmore would be Nix's pick if he was still there, just because Nix talked about needing CBs and having good CBs deep on the roster...I think Nix also believed Gilmore was a good fit for where they were slotted at 10....I don't love it, I don't hate it....I understand the value of such a pick, and the fact that so many Draftniks liked Gilmore and had him so highly rated makes me also feel a little less like we just missed the prom by waiting for our ugly date to pack on more make-up, I didn't want Floyd either though or Martin at that spot either. I was hoping Kalil would slide and if not to trade back if at all possible, which based on all the other trades happening in front of the BILLS' pick doesn't look like it was going to happen. So, you take the BPA at your spot which just so happens to be a position where between head-case McKelvin, often injured McGee, and Florence's inability to cover his guy, Gilmore is a logical pick....and I would expect another in the 4th round, most likely after OT and WR are addressed, but not necessarily in that order....IF Nix were to be able to Draft Martin, Gleen, or Adams in the 2nd Round, that would seem to demand their attention, but not necessarily.....will be fun next two days to see how this continues to unfold.

I hate to say it, but drafting Gilmore has gotta be the worst pick of the draft because it was number 10 and he is considered the 3rd best CB behind Claiborne and the weed smoker. I can't really blame Nix too much since Kuechly was gone, but still. The concensus pick was Floyd.

Pittsburgh getting Decastro I think is the best pick

People think too hard about this. Andrew Luck is easily the best pick even when you take into account where he was selected. 10 years from now he'll be the guy who had the most impact on his team's success.

They say there are no "can't miss" selections but barring injury Andrew Luck is a can't miss guy at a position that has the most impact on winning.

I hate to say it, but drafting Gilmore has gotta be the worst pick of the draft because it was number 10 and he is considered the 3rd best CB behind Claiborne and the weed smoker. I can't really blame Nix too much since Kuechly was gone, but still. The concensus pick was Floyd.

Gilmore was considered the 2nd best CB by just about everybody, not sure where you're getting your info. Floyd has 3 different drinking violations against him and the position that is deepest in this draft is WR. Skipping Floyd and picking Gilmore was the obvious choice - just not sexy enough for some people.

I'd love to know what draft publications you were looking at...

Gilmore was considered the 2nd best CB by just about everybody, not sure where you're getting your info. Floyd has 3 different drinking violations against him and the position that is deepest in this draft is WR. Skipping Floyd and picking Gilmore was the obvious choice - just not sexy enough for some people.

The perception of Dre Kirkpatrick changed drastically after he was busted with pot. He was considered a top 10 pick and ranked higher than Gilmore by every analyst until the pot bust.

I'd love to know what draft publications you were looking at...

Just look at any draft publication dated before his pot arrest.

The perception of Dre Kirkpatrick changed drastically after he was busted with pot. He was considered a top 10 pick and ranked higher than Gilmore by every analyst until the pot bust.

He was considered the 2nd best CB right after the season. Once everybody sat down and looked at the tape he dropped and Gilmore moved up. I'm sure the off field problems came into play but from everything I read/saw Gilmore moved up based on his play not based on Kirkpatrick's problems.

1335511375[/url]' post='2448277']

They wanted Richardson. They didn't want Blackmon. They got the guy they wanted. TB really wanted richardson and likely would've parted ways with a couple picks to get him. Cleveland did just fine. They MADE SURE they got the guy they wanted. People that don't understand this rationale are the real morons. Seriously

1335530182[/url]' post='2448431']

Wow. The drafts deepest position is WR. They'll get one or two. They got the bpa at a position of need. The pick is just fine