Bush's Tax Cuts

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Blaming?? Why on earth would anyone 'blame' Bush for making a sound decision to let people keep more of their own money? Unless of course they were a complete moron and/or a freeloading POS (like you).

p.s. and why didn't The Messiah raise taxes as soon as he took office?

Blaming?? Why on earth would anyone 'blame' Bush for making a sound decision to let people keep more of their own money? Unless of course they were a complete moron and/or a freeloading POS (like you).

Busting the budget is a sound decision? You are a complete idiot!

Not only that, why did he extend the tax cuts in 2010? Was he "for them, before he was against them?"

I can't wait for the debates between Romney and Barry. Barry won't have his teleprompter to fall back on.

This is rich! He wants people to stop blaming him for his tax cuts. When will the left take responsibility for these tax cuts?

http://abcnews.go.com/politics/t/blogEntry?id=16108722

I wish they weren’t called the ‘Bush tax cuts’,”

A sadder post than usual by davey.

President Bush opines that if the tax relief bill he passed wasn't referred to by his name, then perhaps it would be easier to extend them.

No blame

No regret that it was passed

No criticism of the current administration.

Mr. Bush continues be all class,

Dave in Norfolk to be all ass.

This is rich! He wants people to stop blaming him for his tax cuts. When will the left take responsibility for these tax cuts?

http://abcnews.go.co...try?id=16108722

I wish they weren't called the 'Bush tax cuts',"

Do you know what raising the cap gains taxes on people making over $1 million a year is going to do to dividend paying stocks?

Recession was in 2008. We're in a mega recovery now remember?

Not only have we had a mega recession, along the way we also went thru Green Shoots®, Summer of Recovery®, and Summer of Recovery 2.0®

Happy days are here again

The skies above are clear again

So let's sing a song of cheer again

Happy days are here again

the markets have regained most of what was lost during the dying days of Bush's term - the nosedive from 14K to 6K. Now hovering 13K - the loss the last 2 days were based on "fears" of foreign markets.

the unemployment rate is 8.3 % which uses the same fuzzy math used during the BA.

back in 2002 the first Bush depression it took me 2 years to find a decent paying job in my field. How much different is that to what people are facing now? Not much.

the markets have regained most of what was lost during the dying days of Bush's term - the nosedive from 14K to 6K. Now hovering 13K - the loss the last 2 days were based on "fears" of foreign markets.

So is that 13k based on 2008 or todays devalued dollar?

Amazing what banks will do with interest free money isn't it?

the unemployment rate is 8.3 % which uses the same fuzzy math used during the BA.

Does that make it any less inaccurate?

back in 2002 the first Bush depression it took me 2 years to find a decent paying job in my field. How much different is that to what people are facing now? Not much.

Damn those Bushes for keeping you down! <_<

Well, for starters, there has been no 9/11 type event preceding this depression/recession/downturn since, well, 9/11/01. As for finding jobs, they're not coming back any faster than 2 years. Forget the unemployment rate, look at the "not in the work force" numbers. There is no fuzzy math there.

Well, for starters, there has been no 9/11 type event preceding this depression/recession/downturn since, well, 9/11/01. As for finding jobs, they're not coming back any faster than 2 years. Forget the unemployment rate, look at the "not in the work force" numbers. There is no fuzzy math there.

No fuzzy math except for the "jobless recovery" under Bush with unemployment at 6%, vice the stellar job creation under Obama with unemployment in the mid-8's.

No fuzzy math except for the "jobless recovery" under Bush with unemployment at 6%, vice the stellar job creation under Obama with unemployment in the mid-8's.

I meant there is no fuzzy math with the "not in the work force" numbers.

If you are referring to the labor force participation rate, then you need to be careful about interpreting a decline as a negative. The rate is expected to steadily decline over the next 15-20 years as the babyboom generation retires. There will be more people leaving the workforce than new entrants.

If you are referring to the labor force participation rate, then you need to be careful about interpreting a decline as a negative. The rate is expected to steadily decline over the next 15-20 years as the babyboom generation retires. There will be more people leaving the workforce than new entrants.

Except that, that isnt the cause for the rapid precipitous decline in the labor partipation rate over the past few years.

Except that, that isnt the cause for the rapid precipitous decline in the labor partipation rate over the past few years.

Don't disagree that a big part has been people dropping out, but some of it is the demographic change.