Bush's Tax Cuts

Don't disagree that a big part has been people dropping out, but some of it is the demographic change.

Long-term it'll be demographic change, certainly.

Short term...kind-of a different story. I would expect that it would increase roughly at the same rate as the post-war birth rate.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I look forward to the media reports in the near term: "Dow Shoots Past 13K!!!*"

*"Fifth time this year."

close the Dow is up +117.12 so far.

Sure Doc and Tom make light of the situation -

You 2 are saying it's OK blame Obama for lousy hiring after the near collapse of the stock market but I can't relate it to the unemployment situation under Bush just after recession #1 ? :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

close the Dow is up +117.12 so far.

Sure Doc and Tom make light of the situation -

You 2 are saying it's OK blame Obama for lousy hiring after the near collapse of the stock market but I can't relate it to the unemployment situation under Bush just after recession #1 ? :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

No, I'm saying when you crow about 8% unemployment as some major accomplishment when you called 6% unemployment a "jobless recovery," you're an idiot.

This is rich! He wants people to stop blaming him for his tax cuts. When will the left take responsibility for these tax cuts?

http://abcnews.go.com/politics/t/blogEntry?id=16108722

I wish they weren’t called the ‘Bush tax cuts’,”

Temporary Tax cuts were a tool used to be stimulative, and along with loose monetary policy by the Fed, seemed to do the work- even though I think that loose monetary policy led to some very dire consequences.

But those tax Cuts should have been left to expire in 2003- especilly when this Nation was beging to mobilize the military operations in Afghanistan and Iraq. I have alsways contended that taxes should have been raised to pay for out Wars, Congress is irrespinsible for spending the money and not have the cash to pay for, or cutting spending to accomodate.

This all leads to this delusion that we can, as a Nation, have low taxes, fight wars and expand out Government. It as to be one or the other, we can not borrow in perpituity...

No, I'm saying when you crow about 8% unemployment as some major accomplishment when you called 6% unemployment a "jobless recovery," you're an idiot.

Always with you are the idiot crap. someone thinks or says somthing differently and they are idiots?

Seriously, what's wrong with you conservatives?

The point is that the unemployment rate is dropping!!!!! You can't deny that.

Who drove the economy to the brink that created the 10% unemployment? you get one guess. and his name isn't Obama.

The unemployment started to rise in 2008. It was 4.6% in 2007 it ended at 5.8% in 2008 oh BTW it was 4.0 in 2000 under Clinton.

And here's one I'm sure you blamed Obama for gas prices too

http://money.cnn.com/2012/04/13/news/economy/gas-prices/index.htm?hpt=hp_t3

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- After one of the fastest and steepest runups in recent memory, it's possible gasoline prices may have peaked.

Retail gas prices fell more than half a cent Friday to a nationwide average just above $3.90 a gallon, according to AAA, continuing a decline started late last week that has shaved almost 4 cents off the price of gas.

THE cycle has begun its downward swing

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Always with you are the idiot crap. someone thinks or says somthing differently and they are idiots?

Another idiot heard from.

The R's blamed Clinton for YEARS and some still bring it up in 2012. that is a FACT

You guys blamed Obama days after he was elected for Christ’s sake!!!! that also is a FACT.

you imbecile

Who drove the economy to the brink that created the 10% unemployment? you get one guess. and his name isn't Obama.

The unemployment started to rise in 2008. It was 4.6% in 2007 it ended at 5.8% in 2008 oh BTW it was 4.0 in 2000 under Clinton.

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- After one of the fastest and steepest runups in recent memory, it's possible gasoline prices may have peaked.

Retail gas prices fell more than half a cent Friday to a nationwide average just above $3.90 a gallon, according to AAA, continuing a decline started late last week that has shaved almost 4 cents off the price of gas.

1) I'm not a conservative.

2) I never blamed any president for gas prices.

3) But you are an idiot. Particularly when you crow that 8+% unemployment is good, but 5+% unemployment is a "jobless recovery".

Yeah, because more people are dropping-out of the workforce. Awesome!

Gas prices will rise for the summer travel season.

Yeah, because more people are dropping-out of the workforce. Awesome!

Gas prices will rise for the summer travel season.

Shut up. Gas prices are down almost 1% in a few days, so it's obviously time to celebrate. Let's go ahead and re-elect the current group of thieves instead of the other group of thieves that are running against this group of thieves.

!@#$, some of you are blindingly stupid and able to justify anything based solely on that fact.

Shut up. Gas prices are down almost 1% in a few days, so it's obviously time to celebrate. Let's go ahead and re-elect the current group of thieves instead of the other group of thieves that are running against this group of thieves.

!@#$, some of you are blindingly stupid and able to justify anything based solely on that fact.

Ya, let's just stupidly stick our heads in the sand and pretend there is no difference between the two parties

Although many may think that there isn't a lot of differences between the two parties there certainly are differences between liberals and conservatives. A prime example appeared on this board in the Trayvon Martin thread. Everyone that fed off the media frenzy and was calling Zimmerman a cold blooded killer, etc. was a liberal. Conservatives were calling for reason and caution. That would seem to say something about the makeup of people with different philosophies. I know it's a generalization and maybe just anecdotal, but maybe others here could expand on this.

Although many may think that there isn't a lot of differences between the two parties there certainly are differences between liberals and conservatives. A prime example appeared on this board in the Trayvon Martin thread. Everyone that fed off the media frenzy and was calling Zimmerman a cold blooded killer, etc. was a liberal. Conservatives were calling for reason and caution. That would seem to say something about the makeup of people with different philosophies. I know it's a generalization and maybe just anecdotal, but maybe others here could expand on this.

Liberals always rush to look "enlightened". Some how contempt for the "establishment" puts them on a higher moral plane.

After exhaustive research, I found this article explaining conservatives vs. liberals:

http://politicalhumor.about.com/library/jokes/bljokehistorylesson.htm

"Other men who were weaker and less skilled at hunting learned to live off the conservatives by showing up for the nightly B-B-Q's and doing the sewing, fetching, and hair dressing. This was the beginning of the Liberal movement."

I can't believe you don't get that. "Blacks are treated unfairly in this country" "Woman are treated unfairly in this country" "Big oil[or Wall street] runs the country".

Sounds pretty anti establishment to me.

So we'll give the government all the power. Good thing the government isn't part of the "establishment". :blink:

Temporary Tax cuts were a tool used to be stimulative, and along with loose monetary policy by the Fed, seemed to do the work- even though I think that loose monetary policy led to some very dire consequences.

But those tax Cuts should have been left to expire in 2003- especilly when this Nation was beging to mobilize the military operations in Afghanistan and Iraq. I have alsways contended that taxes should have been raised to pay for out Wars, Congress is irrespinsible for spending the money and not have the cash to pay for, or cutting spending to accomodate.

This all leads to this delusion that we can, as a Nation, have low taxes, fight wars and expand out Government. It as to be one or the other, we can not borrow in perpituity...

Thread should have ended here.