NFL and Bills Schedule

Jeebuz! A stretch of 6 roadies in 9 games! We're either gonna be real Road WARRIORS or out of the playoff picture by Halloween.

Hauntingly familiar..

Better start getting mentally tough today!

youre never out of the playoffs until youre mathematically eliminated.

its a good thing our second half schedule is so easy.

if we start 1-6, we could still finish 8-1 and make the playoffs.

sounds crazy, i know, but id rather have our easy games at the end when were going over those scenarios like

"team a win or tie, team b lose, we have to win."

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For what is the 3rd weakest schedule, they made sure we played the harder teams on the road. And 2 West Coast games back to back? And it's been over 3 years now since we've had a home opener.

Yeah, this schedule sucks. And no, I don't think even the Bills players want that many home games in December. And if you have season tickets and the Bills fall apart in the second half, as they have for the past decade, good luck selling your tickets.

Just a bad schedule for the players and the fans

bills come home from indy on november 25th, and dont have to leave again for A MONTH. three straight home games against cup cake opponents.

why wouldnt they like that?

our offense is predicated on 5 yard slants, 2 running backs, and this year (hopefully) the wild cat.

fitzy has been throwing in the ralph for 3 seasons now.

lindell knows the wind there.

that second half schedule is amazing!

dont know how its even possible for people to sit here and b*tch about it in april - watch what happens if you flip the first half with the second:

@ pats

dolphins (Thursday night game)

@colts

jags

Rams

seahawks

@ fins

jets

bye

@ jets

chiefs

@browns

pats

@9'ers

@cards

titans

@ texans

dont know how its even possible for people to sit here and b*tch about it in april - watch what happens if you flip the first half with the second:

@ pats

dolphins (Thursday night game)

@colts

jags

Rams

seahawks

@ fins

jets

bye

@ jets

chiefs

@browns

pats

@9'ers

@cards

titans

@ texans

People say that we have such a tough schedule and that it's gonna be hard for us to make the playoffs coming down the stretch.

I prefer the schedule the way it was since it's all about getting hot at the right time.

It was great reading this thread after the new stadium thread. "No domes in Buffalo-Bills football is all about snow and wind"

This thread-" Hey to many late home games-they won't be on TV!"

+1 :lol:

Wahhh. Too many road games, too many home games, too many Toronto games, too many bye games for the Pats. Has there ever been a schedule folks didn't complain about?

It's fine.

PTR

Man, it's incredible how just about everyone that's posted here has at least one thing or another to B word and moan about.

10-6

Go Biils!

I know right? It is what it is...I am just ready for some football! And for the first time in a long time I feel the Bills are definitely beginning to put all the pieces together.

some of you guys REALLY need to come back from the ledge here.

the way the NFL divisions and playoff seeds are structured, winning your division is everything, and by extension, division games are basically the ONLY games that matter.

all of the other games are contextually important, in that they determine wild cards and seeding, but since realignment, from a purely statistical standpoint, the surest statement you can make about the league is: win your divisional games, go to the playoffs.

as painful as it is, consider the following: if we had gone 5-1 instead of 1-5 in the division last year, we would have been opening the playoffs at houston.

5-1 instead of 1-5 seems like a stretch but

we beat the patriots (1 win)

stevie drops the game winning td at the jets (2 wins)

we lost to miami at home by a touchdown (3 wins)

tied with the jets at halftime at the ralph (4 wins)

up 21-0 on the road in new england (5 wins)

now before you get your panties in a bunch: OBVIOUSLY we lost those games to better clubs, i get that. but the line between a terrible 6 win buffalo team, and an up and coming 10 win playoff bills team is those 5 games, that, for all intents and purposes, were 50-50 crap shoots.

the difference between winning those games and losing those games could be a mario williams, a mark anderson, a micheal floyd, a nyj quarterback controversy, an older tom brady, and on and on.

long story short: stop worrying about what hotel were going to be staying at when were between san fran and arizona games - interconference games are about as important as preseason games. lets win our division games (which are set up quite nice if you look at the schedule, aside from new england getting us after a bye,) and we'll make the playoffs!

Edited by JohnnyGold

If we are doing well we should sell the December home games. At least this year. In the 90s folks got complacent and stayed home but when it was new people came.

And If we are good expect one of those late games to get flexed to Sunday night.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

People say that we have such a tough schedule and that it's gonna be hard for us to make the playoffs coming down the stretch.

I prefer the schedule the way it was since it's all about getting hot at the right time.

Tough schedule????

On paper, the Bills appear to have one of the better schedules in the league. Based on last year's records, they're tied with the Houston Texans for the 29th hardest schedule

Bills schedule is a gift from the heavens

With the offseason additions and this cupcake schedule (yeah a lot of early games on the road, but look at the overall) the Bills really have no excuses at all for not posting an impressive record this season.

Edited by CodeMonkey

If we are doing well we should sell the December home games. At least this year. In the 90s folks got complacent and stayed home but when it was new people came.

And If we are good expect one of those late games to get flexed to Sunday night.

PTR

The only realistic possibility of that happening is 12/30 vs. the Jets -- if both teams are still in the hunt. Can't see NBC wanting Jacksonville or St. Louis, and I'm guessing (but don't know for certain) there may be a restriction against changing the time of the Toronto game.

I had a dream last night that the Bills sent out those large size desk calendars with the schedule on them. Don't take this as fact but it showed the Bills first two games would be Monday Night games, both on the road. Why I don't think it will come true is later in the season, late October, it had the Bills playing a Tuesday and Thursday night game in the same week.

So I was 1/4 right with a Thursday night game, just had the wrong month.

Ok so here's how I see it playing out in this ridiculously early prediction scenario..

This assumes we stay healthy.

Buffalo Bills

Sept. 9 at New York Jets 1 p.m. - In NY which is tough, but Chan learned from last year and we were one Stevie drop from splitting with them. This is a Win

Sept. 16 Kansas City Chiefs 1 p.m. - They're going to be pissed about last years game, expect a tough game from KC, but again I see a win here.

Sept. 23 at Cleveland Browns 1 p.m. - The Browns will be much improved from last year, but no reason we can't win this one either.

Sept. 30 New England Patriots 1 p.m. - Home against the Pats Our D is much better on paper and if we split with the Pats this year it will be this game we win.

Oct. 7 at San Francisco 49ers 4:15 p.m. - Tough going to SF after playing the Pats even though this is a winnable game I'll call this one a loss.

Oct. 14 at Arizona Cardinals 4:05 p.m. - They've got two legitimate weapons on offense but we can win this one as well.

Oct. 21 Tennessee Titans 1 p.m. - Hoping for some payback for last year. Win!

Oct. 28 BYE

Nov. 4 at Houston Texans 1 p.m. - The game (other than Div games) I really can't wait to see. Coming off a bye week, we win this one in Houston.

Nov. 11 at New England Patriots 1 p.m. - Loss

Nov. 15 Miami Dolphins (Thurs.) 8:20 p.m. - Prime-time baby, we squish the Fish, win.

Nov. 25 at Indianapolis Colts 1 p.m. - Win (nuff said)

Dec. 2 Jacksonville Jaguars 1 p.m. - Jags always play us tough, and Poz, Evans this is a trap game and we could very well loose this one, let's call it a loss.

Dec. 9 St. Louis Rams 1 p.m. - This team scares me this year, but I think we win at home.

Dec. 16 Seattle Seahawks (Toronto) 4:05 p.m. - Win, Lynch and Co not enough against a healthy Bills.

Dec. 23 at Miami Dolphins 1 p.m. - Win, yes we take two from them but then again I always say that. :)

Dec. 30 New York Jets 1 p.m. - This depends on the Jets more than anything. If by the end of the season they are completely dysfunctional we win this game.

So there ya have it 13 - 3 and we compete for the AFC East division with the Pats. I base this one two things, one, SF did it last year with an improved defense and mediocre QB, so why not us, and two, this schedule is about as good as it gets. We absolutely MUST make the playoffs this year!

Tim-