NFL and Bills Schedule

I disagree. If that were the case, they would've been given at least one more prime time game other than just the one Thursday night game that is now mandatory for every team, IMO. The schedule is what it is. I don't think there's any deeper meaning behind it. Some years it looks better than others. Look at Atlanta's schedule. No consecutive home or away games. They alternate home and away every week of the season. Bizarre, but that's just how it turned out for them this year.

Per Mark Gaughan on the Billboard blog at buffalonews.com on the lack of prime time games:

"I'm surprised the Bills didn't get a Monday night game. However, Bills CEO Russ Brandon says the networks hate to come to Orchard Park for prime-time games because the stadium isn't wired for high-definition television, and it creates a lot of extra set-up work for them. That's one of the issues that needs to be addressed in the proposed stadium renovation. The NFL Network will have to deal with it for the Thursday night game vs. Miami on Nov. 15."

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Per Mark Gaughan on the Billboard blog at buffalonews.com on the lack of prime time games:

"I'm surprised the Bills didn't get a Monday night game. However, Bills CEO Russ Brandon says the networks hate to come to Orchard Park for prime-time games because the stadium isn't wired for high-definition television, and it creates a lot of extra set-up work for them. That's one of the issues that needs to be addressed in the proposed stadium renovation. The NFL Network will have to deal with it for the Thursday night game vs. Miami on Nov. 15."

So how exactly does that change the fact that the league could've put them in prime time as the AWAY team if they thought the Bills were going to be so good? I still say the fact that they got several home games at the end of their schedule is more of a fluke/coincidence/scheduling quirk than any indication that the league thought they might be "good".

I'm not calling you out on this but I am calling bs on the story. After all they,ve done it before and oopsie they set up all the hd equipment neccesary every sunday at the ralph so the real answer is simply they didnt want to. Thats fine, I would like to thank the NFL Network for coming here for a primetime game. Even if they were forced to. I weonder if some ex bills other than Thurman and Jim will be on the sidelines for that one. I'm guessing yes and I'm guessing NFL Net does some kind of look back at how it used to between the Phins and us and night games. Will be cool!

Maybe they'll get the band back together and have em all hanging out in a corner on the field. Except Kent of course RIP man. But how cool would that be?

That sounds kind of BS-ish to me. I'm sure the stadium isn't "wired" for some things, but every single game I saw from the Ralph last year on Sunday Ticket was in brilliant high definition.

Umm...aren't all NFL games broadcast in HD? What am I missing here?

In order to broadcast in HD, they have to run additional cableing to the existing camera locations, ie, it takes more time to set up the cameras. With the renovations, those cables will now be permently installed so all the broadcasters will have to do is "plug in".

In order to broadcast in HD, they have to run additional cableing to the existing camera locations, ie, it takes more time to set up the cameras. With the renovations, those cables will now be permently installed so all the broadcasters will have to do is "plug in".

Ok, got it. The point is, I believe, that CBS does this every week there is a game at the Ralph, and they haven't been crying about it (that we're aware).

Ok, got it. The point is, I believe, that CBS does this every week there is a game at the Ralph, and they haven't been crying about it (that we're aware).

Monday Night Football is a massive endeavor that takes something like 4 days just to setup. I remember reading a huge article about it - it's absolutely insane what they setup for a single 3 hour football game (far, far beyond what is done for the standard Sunday afternoon game). The Ralph is basically a big concrete rock carved out in the 70s, I can only imagine what a logistical nightmare it must be to wire anything new into it.

Anyways, we don't get Primetime games because we have sucked for the past 12 years.

I'll just answer everyone at once, I have no idea what it's supposed to mean. It definitely sounds BS ish to me too. That's just a copy and paste of the article. Just thought I'd pass it along.

Like I said, I wasn't calling you out on the story, rather the story itself.

Weve had MNF here in HD the last time they were here and it's not the end of the world to wire what they need done. It matters so much more if we have a good team to present them with.

Thanks for doing your part and contributing the story :thumbsup:

Frankly I'm a little surprised that Gaughn ran it, that Russ said it, and that anyone buys into it!

Umm...aren't all NFL games broadcast in HD? What am I missing here?

Yeah, my impression was everything was broadcast in HD now anyway.

As far as national TV games, QCity answered that one above. Perennial last place teams don't get national games because they signed one big FA. The Bills need to prove it before anyone outside Buffalo is going to take notice.

I am not sure their is a concerted effort to diss the Bills in scheduling but some things always bother me about NFL scheduling.

Why don't teams that have the bye simply play each other the next week?

Why don't Thursday game teams have their bye on the Sunday preceding?

Finally - back to back West Coast games - c'mon....

Yeah, my impression was everything was broadcast in HD now anyway.

As far as national TV games, QCity answered that one above. Perennial last place teams don't get national games because they signed one big FA. The Bills need to prove it before anyone outside Buffalo is going to take notice.

100%

Ralph doesn't want to "inconvienience" Bills fans by having them attend a night game. He's concerned that they have a 2 hour travel time home and then go to work the next day with a few hours sleep.

Ralph just won't stand for it!!! :angry:

nothing whatsoever to do with setting up cables