NFL and Bills Schedule

What an oddly lopsided schedule.

We may finish 9-7, but considering the Pats and Jets will have the same "easy" schedules as us, I doubt we'll make the playoffs.

There is also a good chance that the Jets have imploded by the opener.

Edited by biglukes

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is the most exciting team we have had in years and trow in Mario and another solid draft choice and some people are getting upset about this schedule?

Shut up. This is going to be the most fun we have had as Bills fans in 20 years!

Well, either that or we're doooommmed

This is the most exciting team we have had in years and trow in Mario and another solid draft choice and some people are getting upset about this schedule?

Shut up. This is going to be the most fun we have had as Bills fans in 20 years!

Well, either that or we're doooommmed

I agree. By far, the best team on paper since 2002-3 when we had Bledsoe and LeBeau had the zone blitz defense..-- now that was fun to watch..

aside from Brady, do we play an QBs that you really fear? Houston and St. Louis would be the second and third best QBs we'll face. I like this schedule, and if we can come into the bye at 4-3 I don't see a reason why we won't be legitimately competing for a playoff spot in December.

5 out of last 8 @ home with 3 home games in a row late in the season against 3 teams not destined to improve soon. Jags, Rams sand SeaHawks

looking like a very fine finish to the season.

Yeah we should finish strong. I just worry that we'll start weak on the road against good teams and finish strong to get us to 7-9, 8-8 and a 15th draft pick.

If we're not geared to go deep in the playoffs I would prefer more home games early in the season when we still have a chance and it's nice out as opposed to an empty stadium in a cold throw-away game. And don't give me a hard time for cold games - I go to every one of them.

Our "primetime" game against the Dolphins is a joke. I don't think were going to get Sunday/Monday night games anymore because of the drinking so the NFL throws it on a weekday for us now when nobody is watching.

That is just not true whatsoever. They had a tough time selling out even in the glory days

I know Promo likes to pass this as a fact but it is just not true. I think everyone could agree the golden age started in 1988. That year they sold out 8 out of 8 games - average attendance 78,000.

1989 they sold out 7 out of 8 games with the average attendance of 77,000. New Orleans December 10th was the lone non sellout still got 71,000 there actual attendance.

1990 - they sold out 8 out of 8 games with average attendance of 78,000.

1991 - they sold out 8 out of 8 games with average attendance of 79,486(franchise record)

1992 - they sold out 7 out of 8 games. The lone exception was Denver December 12th, still got 72,000 in the stadium that day.

1993 - sold out 7 out of 8 games. The lone non sellout NYJ 12/26 - still got 71,000 actual attendance.

Now 1994 they did not sellout their 2 December games but by then the fans were so spoiled that they kind of took winning for granted. Believe me that won't be the case if the Bills win this year. The December games will sellout if they win & they mean something. Every game from 1988-1993(48 games) would of been sellouts under the reduced capacity that now graces Ralph Wilson Stadium.

I know Promo likes to pass this as a fact but it is just not true. I think everyone could agree the golden age started in 1988. That year they sold out 8 out of 8 games - average attendance 78,000.

1989 they sold out 7 out of 8 games with the average attendance of 77,000. New Orleans December 10th was the lone non sellout still got 71,000 there actual attendance.

1990 - they sold out 8 out of 8 games with average attendance of 78,000.

1991 - they sold out 8 out of 8 games with average attendance of 79,486(franchise record)

1992 - they sold out 7 out of 8 games. The lone exception was Denver December 12th, still got 72,000 in the stadium that day.

1993 - sold out 7 out of 8 games. The lone non sellout NYJ 12/26 - still got 71,000 actual attendance.

Now 1994 they did not sellout their 2 December games but by then the fans were so spoiled that they kind of took winning for granted. Believe me that won't be the case if the Bills win this year. The December games will sellout if they win & they mean something. Every game from 1988-1993(48 games) would of been sellouts under the reduced capacity that now graces Ralph Wilson Stadium.

lol, goddamnyaman gordio.

i would give you positive rep if we had that system on this board.

its amazing how statistics can be used to completely refute someones point to such a degree.

Anybody else a bit disappointed with the Bills schedule. From a fan perspective, it's a bit rough. So many home games late in the year. The NFL obviously think's the Bills will be good or else Orchard Park will be empty for about a month and a half. In the middle of the schedule, a nice time of year in Buffalo, I believe the Bills go 6 weeks with only 1 home game (including the bye).

Also, it would be nice to get off to a good start with a bunch of home games. The momentum can keep you in it. (I understand that wasn't at all the case last year).

[puts on foil hat]

Maybe, knowing how hard it is to sell out one of the largest stadiums in the league during the winter, the NFL is trying to either force the Bills to either force the Bills into a domed stadium or to move, by creating a situation where they won't sell out the games if the team isn't doing great

[takes foil hat off]

I'm going to have to go with WEO on this. If I could go to a Bills game and they're just playing spoilers, it wouldn't be very much fun.

Beside the point, with global warming, the way winter was last year, the winter games might not be as bad as some of you guys think. If you add in the fact that the Bills could be in playoff contention, I see no reason to complain.

Edited by Teen Insight

The NFL obviously think's the Bills will be good

I disagree. If that were the case, they would've been given at least one more prime time game other than just the one Thursday night game that is now mandatory for every team, IMO. The schedule is what it is. I don't think there's any deeper meaning behind it. Some years it looks better than others. Look at Atlanta's schedule. No consecutive home or away games. They alternate home and away every week of the season. Bizarre, but that's just how it turned out for them this year.

Meaningful games in December will sell out. We as a fanbase are so starved for success, it will happen. If the games are meaningful. Guaranteed.

This sums it up. It really is that simple. Meaningful games will rock December and this season into January also! Are we going to B word about a home game in January though????????

Meaningful games in December will sell out. We as a fanbase are so starved for success, it will happen. If the games are meaningful. Guaranteed.

find it hard to believe if this team is 10-3 or 11-3, the ralph wouldnt sell out and be absolutely crazy.

who wants to go watch titans at bills when weve been eliminated from the playoffs?

that home stretch at the end is amazing.

call me crazy, but i live hundreds of miles away, and i love december home games for the bills when the snow is whipping around.

ive said this before in many other threads, but here it is one more time:

for the FIRST TIME since kelly/reed/thurman/marv, for a third consecutive season we are returning the same qb/#1 wideout/running back/head coach.

first time in 16 years!

THATS why the ralph hasnt been "home field" advantage. you know how crazy the wind is there, it takes awhile to learn. most of our other qbs have played 8 games MAYBE 10 in it. now we got fitzy, coming in for a 3rd year.

its TRUE homefield advantage. i cant wait. i absolutely am going crazy waiting.

were actually going to the playoffs this year. i just cant wait for the season to start, holy hell.

all you naysayers go post on billszone.com or something.