Where does Fitzpatrick Rank?

Vick, Romo, Cutler should not be off any list.......You all would worship any of the 3 if they played in Buff hands down.

IMO Romo is elite, fire away with the criticisms the man can play some fooseball

Cutler,Romo,Rivers..just the kind of guys that drove Bill Walsh insane.Talented but play just well enough to lose the big games and choke in the clutch.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree. Archie Manning never made the Saints into a good team. I remember watching him play. He was good but the surrounding cast wasn't.

QBs don't play special team. They don't play defense. How can they stop the other team from scoring? At best, a good QB can make the offense productive. But you still need RBs to run the ball, blockers to block, receivers to catch.

Peyton Manning is injured for a year and the colts change from a 12 win team to a 1 win team.

The Patriots would be bad without Tom Brady.

Drew Brees went to the Saints and turned them into a title contender.

Ben Roethlisberger got drafted by the Steelers and won 2 superbowls. (defense was good before he was there)

Eli Manning did the same with the Giants. (strahan was there before him)

Those are just a few recent examples..

Peyton Manning is injured for a year and the colts change from a 12 win team to a 1 win team.

Ben Roethlisberger got drafted by the Steelers and won 2 superbowls. (defense was good before he was there)

DING DING DING....winner winner.....Good Qb's win ballgames

Brady missed the 2008 season and the Pats went 11-5 as well as losing the division to a team not emphasizing the quarterback position by going with the Wildcat.

Edited by cklapka

in 2008 the putrids were fortunate to still have a decent D and a running game when Brady went down because Matt Cassel isn't that great in KC.

the D was ranked 10th in the league

and the RB 's were 6th in rushing with Sammy Morris, Kevin Faulk, BenJarvus Green-Ellis

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

I disagree. Archie Manning never made the Saints into a good team. I remember watching him play. He was good but the surrounding cast wasn't.

QBs don't play special team. They don't play defense. How can they stop the other team from scoring? At best, a good QB can make the offense productive. But you still need RBs to run the ball, blockers to block, receivers to catch.

Also... have you looked at Archie Manning's Stats? He wasn't a good quarterback.

Anyways, teams can be good without a good quarterback.

I'm just saying that a good quarterback will make a bad team good. Just watch what happens to the Broncos this year.

Brady missed the 2008 season and the Pats went 11-5 as well as losing the division to a team not emphasizing the quarterback position by going with the Wildcat.

They had a solid back up in Cassell. Say what you want about Cassell, but he was solid for them that year the way they used him. He is no Brady, but he was solid enough to win 11 games while surrounded with Elite talent at WR, #6 run game, and a top 10 D. They built and managed a game around him, won 11 games but sill missed playoffs and were never really a threat to win the SB even if they made the playoffs. With Brady, they are perennial SB contenders, even with the statistically the WORST defense in the history of the NFL and no vertical passing game, the Pats still made the SB and almost won again being led by Brady which came down to one dropped pass by Welker to seal the game.

Mediocre QB's dont make the playoffs regularly unless surrounded by Elite talent on both sides of the ball. Mediocre QB's rarely make the SB let alone win it without Elite talent.

I for one am tired of the Bills trying to win with low to mediocre talent at QB (which is the most difficult and most important position in all of team sports). Is it possible to go all the way with a mediocre talent at QB...Sure, but its also the most difficult path as you need to surround him with Elite talent on both sides of the ball to carry the team which is hard to do in todays NFL with free agency, massive contracts, and injuries.

But for whatever reason, the Bills insist on doing the things hard way as usual...

They had a solid back up in Cassell. Say what you want about Cassell, but he was solid for them that year the way they used him. He is no Brady, but he was solid enough to win 11 games while surrounded with Elite talent at WR, #6 run game, and a top 10 D. They built and managed a game around him, won 11 games but sill missed playoffs and were never really a threat to win the SB even if they made the playoffs. With Brady, they are perennial SB contenders, even with the statistically the WORST defense in the history of the NFL and no vertical passing game, the Pats still made the SB and almost won again being led by Brady which came down to one dropped pass by Welker to seal the game.

Mediocre QB's dont make the playoffs regularly unless surrounded by Elite talent on both sides of the ball. Mediocre QB's rarely make the SB let alone win it without Elite talent.

I for one am tired of the Bills trying to win with low to mediocre talent at QB (which is the most difficult and most important position in all of team sports). Is it possible to go all the way with a mediocre talent at QB...Sure, but its also the most difficult path as you need to surround him with Elite talent on both sides of the ball to carry the team which is hard to do in todays NFL with free agency, massive contracts, and injuries.

But for whatever reason, the Bills insist on doing the things hard way as usual...

Is Elite talent sponsored by Nike?

These guys are all "Elite" quarterbacks.....

Ryan Fitzy is not a elite QB....I am not sure anyone can make that arguement.....he is a guy that will win games if he has a strong supporting cast.

By the way....its hard to find guys even of that level......its hard to find "Fitz" level QB's. The guys in the above list are VERY rare.

If you have a chance to have a GOOD QB.....build the team up around him.

Cam Newton is at number 7. This guy just lost all his credibility.

Cam Newton is all world and will probably win some Super Bowls before all is said and done. He only threw for 4000 plus yards as a ROOKIE.

Plenty of credibility. Cam is elite, Cam is 30x better than Fitz can dream of bud.....

All true. And the Saints of old were mediocre instead of bad one because of Archie Manning. No one doubts that the QB is the most important player. But he can't lead a team to the playoffs without a decent supporting cast. Quarterbacks don't kick. They don't tackle. And they don't (usually) block.

Cam Newton is all world and will probably win some Super Bowls before all is said and done. He only threw for 4000 plus yards as a ROOKIE.

Plenty of credibility. Cam is elite, Cam is 30x better than Fitz can dream of bud.....

Exactly!

Newton basically broke every Rookie QB record there was right? He was a ROOKIE...If he takes the next step he's going to be absolutely scary... B-)

Also... have you looked at Archie Manning's Stats? He wasn't a good quarterback.

I'm just saying that a good quarterback will make a bad team good. Just watch what happens to the Broncos this year.

I did better. I watched Archie play. His stats may not be impressive because the supporting cast wasn't impressive.

I did better. I watched Archie play. His stats may not be impressive because the supporting cast wasn't impressive.

Well what makes him a good Quarterback? Here's a quote from wikipedia, "His record as a starter was 35–101–3 (26.3%), the worst in NFL history among QBs with at least 100 starts.[12] He retired having never played on a team that notched a winning record or made the playoffs."

So he didnt win... he didnt have good stats (125 TDS, 173 INTS). I'm not old enough to have watched him play, but it doesn't seem like we can classify him as a good QB.

1334090351[/url]' post='2434033']

Since when are playoff teams bad?

Since when is Peyton Manning good? He's elite.

Edited by NewEra