Where does Fitzpatrick Rank?

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before he got injured last year, he was doing pretty good. So it's tough for me to really gauge where he's at.

If you look at his career though, he's in the bottom 10, if not 5, in the league. But if last year's first 8 games are an indicator of what he can do when healthy and with surrounding health, then maybe he's in the top half, to top ten.

We'll find out for sure this year. :)

That's your own flaw. There are only about 10 QB's in the league I would trade Fitz for straight up.

Only 10 ? Fitz basher checking in heres a list of 13 that blow Fitz away. Another 5-6 who are better not even on this list. Don't be a homer, Fitz is 18th to the worst easily.

1. Brady

2. Rogers

3. Brees

4. P Manning

5. E Manning

6. Roethlisberger

7. Newton

8. Stafford

9. Rivers

10. Cutler

11. Ryan

12. Romo

13. Vick

Edited by Ryan L Billz

1333998898[/url]' post='2433202']

Only 10 ? Fitz basher checking in heres a list of 13 that blow Fitz away. Another 5-6 who are better not even on this list. Don't be a homer, Fitz is 18th to the worst easily.

1. Brady

2. Rogers

3. Brees

4. P Manning

5. E Manning

6. Roethlisberger

7. Newton

8. Stafford

9. Rivers

10. Cutler

11. Ryan

12. Romo

13. Vick

Didn't you know? Fitz is better than Matt Ryan.

1. Brady

2. Rogers

3. Brees

4. P Manning

5. E Manning

6. Roethlisberger

7. Newton

8. Stafford

9. Rivers

10. Cutler

11. Ryan

12. Romo

13. Vick

I'd say Romo shouldn't be on this list. He has been surrounded by a better supporting cast. Although he had a rib injury and a punctured lung he played through so he certainly makes the tough mofo squad. I don't believe he has ever won a playoff game and probably is on the downside.

Why does there always have to be a Fitz thread about how good he is, or where he ranks? I don't get it. Is it fun to go through this every week?

We all know where he is when we look at it deep down in. He's nowhere near the top, nor is he anywhere near the bottom. He is somewhere in between. Some weeks he'll play like a world beater, and some weeks he'll be off. It makes him average. He can win big games. He can also lose them.

He is a classic "in the middle" guy. He is what he is. And he is, our only option at QB right now, and there isn't much help out there. He is also paid accordingly, so we'll spend money elsewhere to try to boost this team up. AKA, Mario.

It really isn't this complicated. He is what he is. Average. Not the worst, and not the best. But on certain Sundays, he can be either of those.

When looking at a QB and deciding if he has "IT", the combination of abilities and talents that qualify him for the Franchise label, I don't need to have a QB have the best arm, or have the greatest mobility.

I could go on and on about what he does or doesn't need. What it comes down to, though, for me, is can I trust this QB to come out on the field in situations where the game is on the line, and can he do whatever needs done - can he make plays, and can he win the game. And, can he do this consistently? Because, we've seen Fitz pull out some nice wins. But, I'm still at the point with him that if we need a drive, or a couple drives to get put together in order to win, I don't trust Fitz can do it.

I'm still thinking, when it's all on the line, that Fitz will just as likely find a way to mess it up. I don't believe the Bills can count on him. All the other skills and abilities aside - he could have mid level arm strength, erratic accuracy - but, if he still put it together when it counted, I'd be much more loyal to him.

So, I agree with the others on here who say there are a good 15 or more QB's who I'd prefer on this roster over Fitz.

And, I hope - I hope so much - that the Bills draft a promising QB prospect this year!

Why does there always have to be a Fitz thread about how good he is, or where he ranks? I don't get it. Is it fun to go through this every week?

We all know where he is when we look at it deep down in. He's nowhere near the top, nor is he anywhere near the bottom. He is somewhere in between. Some weeks he'll play like a world beater, and some weeks he'll be off. It makes him average. He can win big games. He can also lose them.

He is a classic "in the middle" guy. He is what he is. And he is, our only option at QB right now, and there isn't much help out there. He is also paid accordingly, so we'll spend money elsewhere to try to boost this team up. AKA, Mario.

It really isn't this complicated. He is what he is. Average. Not the worst, and not the best. But on certain Sundays, he can be either of those.

So he's a coin toss? Okay, new thread is Fitz heads or tails?

I think its important to realize that these rankings are for the upcoming 2012 season.. it seems like a lot of people are complaining that there are rookies on this list because they didn't play in the NFL last year. Obviously if you're projecting 2012 you have to put these guys on the list and I think its fair that Luck and RGIII are ahead of Fitz. If anyone thinks Fitz deserves to be higher, why dont you post your new rankings and show us where he ends up? I'll start...

1. Brady

2. Rogers

3. Brees

4. P Manning

5. E Manning

6. Roethlisberger

7. Newton

8. Stafford

9. Rivers

10. Cutler

11. Ryan

12. Romo

13. Vick

14. Flacco

15. Schaub

16. Luck

17. RGIII

18. Dalton

19. Freeman

20. Bradford

21. Locker

22. Fitzpatrick

23. Palmer

24. Smith

25. Ponder

26. Sanchez

27. Cassel

28. Flynn

29. Moore

30. Skelton

31. McCoy

32. Henne

To be clear.. this is a list for the 2012 season for the QBs I would want on my team going forward into the future.

there are 10 good QBs on that list---the rest are schlock.shows the state of the QB in the NFL.

I think he's awesome. Always have. He does more with less. If he had some better recievers and if Chan would actually allow him to use his strengths instead of testing his weaknesses, he'd look a lot better. I consider him top 10 in the NFL and top 2 overall for Bills all time (behind Kelly, ahead of Flutie).

You're DELIRIOUS if you think Fitz is a top 10 QB.

Tom Brady, Ben Roethlisberger, Eli Manning, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, Michael Vick, Cam Newton, Matthew Stafford, Matt Ryan, Matt Schaub, Tony Romo are all better than Fitz.

I get being a huge Fitz fan.. I like the guy and all. But I dont get how so many posters view Fitz as a top 10-15 QB. What are you using to back up your arguments? 8 games does not make a season!

I would put him up there because I've seen him do it. I know he can. Fitz can't do it alone. There are few that can. Thats why we call them elite. Fitz is a good starter. On a pretty good team he will win more than hell lose. If he has to do it alone it won't be pretty but with help, he is a fine starter and we could do a lot worse. Build a complete team and see what he can do

Before he got injured last year, he was doing pretty good. So it's tough for me to really gauge where he's at.

If you look at his career though, he's in the bottom 10, if not 5, in the league. But if last year's first 8 games are an indicator of what he can do when healthy and with surrounding health, then maybe he's in the top half, to top ten.

We'll find out for sure this year. :)

Look at the teams the poor guy has had to deal with thru out his career. Even this regime has tried building the line with waiver wire players so far. The only real top talent on the line were drafted by Jauron, and too little, too late I might add.

Think about what the guy could do with a line that has better talent, one that can stay healthy. Plus a top WR that doesn't drop a lot of balls, or a TE that can stay healthy all year.

P.S. should the Bills finally add some top talent to the O line in a new OT, then try and open up the playbook for deeper passes they will see that 2 other positions also need upgrading on that line. Plus real depth at center in case Wood goes on IR for the 3rd straight year. This team will never win with band aids.

Look at the teams the poor guy has had to deal with thru out his career. Even this regime has tried building the line with waiver wire players so far. The only real top talent on the line were drafted by Jauron, and too little, too late I might add.

Think about what the guy could do with a line that has better talent, one that can stay healthy. Plus a top WR that doesn't drop a lot of balls, or a TE that can stay healthy all year.

P.S. should the Bills finally add some top talent to the O line in a new OT, then try and open up the playbook for deeper passes they will see that 2 other positions also need upgrading on that line. Plus real depth at center in case Wood goes on IR for the 3rd straight year. This team will never win with band aids.

This may be true, but it does not change the fact that he has not been successful to this point in the NFL. You cant use the "bad team" excuse for an entire career. Good Quarterbacks will turn a bad team into a good team.

This may be true, but it does not change the fact that he has not been successful to this point in the NFL. You cant use the "bad team" excuse for an entire career. Good Quarterbacks will turn a bad team into a good team.

When evaluating talent, you need to look at more than wins. Sure, Fitzy threw a ton of INTs and forced a lot of balls, but how many of the QBs ranked ahead of him had to operate out of the spread with 5 WRs (with only one being a legit, drafted WR, and a 7th rounder at that) sets most of the time? It was as if Chan wanted to evaluAte talent more than win those games, especially the final Pats game. Fitz put up 1st quarter stats that looked as good as an entire game. It wasn't until SJ celebrating and the back-up center throwing the shotgun snap 10 yards behind Fitzy that the wheels fell off (as well as the D having no answer for Brady). Still, FitzGERALD went out on a high note and he'll build on that as he's done every season. Look for him in the playoffs this year.

Edited by mountainwampus

When evaluating talent, you need to look at more than wins. Sure, Fitzy threw a ton of INTs and forced a lot of balls, but how many of the QBs ranked ahead of him had to operate out of the spread with 5 WRs (with only one being a legit, drafted WR, and a 7th rounder at that) sets most of the time? It was as if Chan wanted to evaluAte talent more than win those games, especially the final Pats game. Fitz put up 1st quarter stats that looked as good as an entire game. It wasn't until SJ celebrating and the back-up center throwing the shotgun snap 10 yards behind Fitzy that the wheels fell off (as well as the D having no answer for Brady). Still, FitzGERALD went out on a high note and he'll build on that as he's done every season. Look for him in the playoffs this year.

I hope you're right

I disagree. Archie Manning never made the Saints into a good team. I remember watching him play. He was good but the surrounding cast wasn't.

QBs don't play special team. They don't play defense. How can they stop the other team from scoring? At best, a good QB can make the offense productive. But you still need RBs to run the ball, blockers to block, receivers to catch.

I'd say Romo shouldn't be on this list. He has been surrounded by a better supporting cast. Although he had a rib injury and a punctured lung he played through so he certainly makes the tough mofo squad. I don't believe he has ever won a playoff game and probably is on the downside.

Vick, Romo, Cutler should not be off any list.......You all would worship any of the 3 if they played in Buff hands down.

IMO Romo is elite, fire away with the criticisms the man can play some fooseball