Nike uniform unveiling discussion

Wayne Cubed

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why the f$%* did they do that? I don't think I'm just being reactionary here. Why not keep it the same color as the jersey, like almost every other team (I think the Chargers also went the way of the debacle). This collar will always just look like a 1980s neck roll to me. Dumb.

Is it going to be blue on the white jerseys?

I can't believe all of the hysterics about a couple of white stripes on the collar. My guess is that they had a choice between this and that ugly ring around the collar that the Patsies have. I prefer this.

I am with everyone who thinks the white collars on the blue jerseys just looks stupid! Oh well, for one year, the Bills had one of the best looking unis in the league, again...the white dab was obviously added, just to distinguish them from the new uniforms from last season...I am not buying any more jerseys.

Edited by Buftex

As a tie-in with that, the Carolina Panthers were compelled to release their logo change early, as someone at Nike put out photos of the gloves that featured a changed Panthers logo (tho not the one they released) on a Facebook post.

WaPo: Carolina Panthers unveil ‘more aggressive’ logo as Nike takes over NFL rights

I dunno, but the anime-cartooning of logos is not something I'm looking forward to.

I hope many millions of dollars were spent on this barely noticeable "change the panther whiskers color" campaign.

Bills. Collars are ugly.

Yeah, I hate to say it, but I see this as a crass marketing ploy. The Bills sold a bunch of jerseys last year because the fans were so happy to get rid of the old ugly ones. Now Nike comes around and the Bills chose to make one noticeable tweak to try and get a lot of the fans that just bought jerseys to go out and by the "new and improved" one. Just buy a t-shirt and save your self the money and angst.

George Wilson just said on twitter that the bills will be rotating 3 jersey next year. Will be interesting to see the 3rd jersey!

"The Bills will have full integration of the Nike technology into our uniforms, rotating 3 uniforms during the season."

According to a leaked league memo, teams will only be allowed to wear 3rd jerseys twice next season.

They will only be allowed to wear them during Sunday afternoon games. No wearing them in prime-time. And no wearing them once the "flex" scheduling starts (week 10?).

George Wilson just said on twitter that the bills will be rotating 3 jersey next year. Will be interesting to see the 3rd jersey!

"The Bills will have full integration of the Nike technology into our uniforms, rotating 3 uniforms during the season."

Red 3rd jerseys would be cool.

Completely agree... Red shoes are no bueno... Stay with the blue and white. Or even black and white... It looks like it will be breast cancer month all year round...

I would have no issue with that being the case, but I like the red kicks. Anyone who has an Under Armour deal this year will be wearing some great looking cleats IMHO. Red would look nice in those.