who's it going to be?

who do you think will be this years breakout players?

My pick for offense is Marcus Easley and on defense because he is back to his natural position is Alex Carrington... that is if they can stay healthy :thumbsup:

I'll play.

On offense, I'll say that CJ Spiller has a break out year. Gets more carries, and is utilized more as a receiver. I'd like to see him get 15-20 touches per game.

BTW...I gave Chris Hairston strong consideration here. Just have a feeling about him.

On Defense, I venture to guess that Aaron Williams earns the starting CB job over McGee with Florence starting opposite him. Yes, he made some mistakes in his rookie year, but the kid has all the makings to be an absolute stud shut-down corner. With our improved pass rush, I predict he takes a huge step in that direction.

Offense: wood plays 16 games. I don't think we have many surprises. Cj probably shows better. Lots of consistency year over year.

Defense: Morrison. Can't see carrington getting real snaps in that rotation. Can your 5-6 lineman be a breakout player?

I'll play.

On offense, I'll say that CJ Spiller has a break out year. Gets more carries, and is utilized more as a receiver. I'd like to see him get 15-20 touches per game.

BTW...I gave Chris Hairston strong consideration here. Just have a feeling about him.

On Defense, I venture to guess that Aaron Williams earns the starting CB job over McGee with Florence starting opposite him. Yes, he made some mistakes in his rookie year, but the kid has all the makings to be an absolute stud shut-down corner. With our improved pass rush, I predict he takes a huge step in that direction.

spiller and williams seem like no brainers to me because of the strong showing they had at the end of the year, i agree with the amount of touches spiller should have and i have the same feeling about hairston, my picks were more the guys u dont expect like stevie was, im just hoping for a healthy productive, exciting year...GO BILLS!!! :beer:

Offense: wood plays 16 games. I don't think we have many surprises. Cj probably shows better. Lots of consistency year over year.

Defense: Morrison. Can't see carrington getting real snaps in that rotation. Can your 5-6 lineman be a breakout player?

a healthy woods would be awesome, morrison was a tackling machine thats why we picked him up i think he will be alot better now that he has more time with the team, i think your right about the rotation but i just have a strong feeling about carrington i think he is ready to take the next step, and yes the defense as a hole is going to have a breakout year

Merriman will quiet his doubters as Ive already stated in a previous thread

Easley would be great and wouldn't surprise me

I would be surprised and pleased if both Merriman and Easley were not on IR before week 6. However the odds are low. This year Scott Chandler goes from unknown TE to a younger version of Tony Gonzalez. And with a pass rush with teeth, Jairus Byrd returns to Pro Bowl form and makes me proud to wear his jersey.

Offense- I predict Spiller has several monster games this year and becomes a player opposing teams need to game plan for

Byrd-he is already a bad ass safety, but now with the new found pass rush he has double digit interceptions, a few tds, and will be talked about as possibly best safety in NFL....which reminds me-extend Byrd already

i can make the case for a lot of guys.

merriman - in a spot-duty role

aaron williams - obvious reasons

mckelvin - better pass rush

carrington - better suited for 4-3

easley - #2 WR is up for grabs, has talent

spiller - showed flashes

even if 2 of these guys really turn it up a notch, we're in good shape.

i can make the case for a lot of guys.

merriman - in a spot-duty role

aaron williams - obvious reasons

mckelvin - better pass rush

carrington - better suited for 4-3

easley - #2 WR is up for grabs, has talent

spiller - showed flashes

even if 2 of these guys really turn it up a notch, we're in good shape.

i agree 100% and i think we will see some bills players in the probowl next year..... man im excited LETS GO BUFFALO!!!

i agree 100% and i think we will see some bills players in the probowl next year..... man im excited LETS GO BUFFALO!!!

but to be fair, i feel like every offseason i have a list of 6-7 guys who i feel will take the next step and emerge. i'd say it's happened only 10% of the time.

what's different this year is the amount of talent on the rest of the roster makes it easier for guys to slip into their positions and make plays.

count the number of guys on our roster who could reasonably make a pro-bowl or play at that level. i count williams, williams, dareus, byrd, wilson, and maybe barnett on D. stevie, freddy, wood, levitre on O. that's more talent than we've had in a decade.

My pick for offense is Marcus Easley and on defense because he is back to his natural position is Alex Carrington... that is if they can stay healthy :thumbsup:

Preston Ridlehuber

good picks all around. I think our safeties become feared and Byrd lights it up.

i look forward to morrison and wood. Leodis might catch on too.

here is my pick and dont burn my house down for it. Ryan Fitzpatrick. The new qb coach is going to stabilize this guy. and we have a ridiculously excellent pair of backers to run and catch that we will use this year.

as i said all nice picks and i will be watching/listening and rooting for each of them

I big time second it on Easley. I have been (im)patiently waiting for him to debut for 2 yrs now and believe he has a chance to make it big.

6'2", 220lbs, 4.46 40 dash, and this will be his 3rd training camp. I look for big things from him!

I do hope that you Easley people (not pejorative, just trying to categorize) are not the same people who want a WR in the first round.

no i think we are set at WR im not going to be mad if we pick M.F. but i think a bigger need is LT or LB ether way i dont think they can mess this draft up, its the first year in along time i can sit back and relax :beer:

I do hope that you Easley people (not pejorative, just trying to categorize) are not the same people who want a WR in the first round.

I can be considered and easley people. i have high hopes for him on a couple levels. I dont like anyone at #10 right now. I think there is some great potential for receivers in this draft at #41 on down and i expect us to increase the competition considerably come camp times.