Soooo happy McNabb said no

I was a HUGE supporter of the Bills trading for McNabb back 2 years ago (keep in mind we were stuck with Captain Checkdown) when Chix first came on board. My thought was if we got McNabb and Joey Porter came on board then two of our biggest needs would have been filled and a 7-9 team could make the leap to get those extra few wins to be a playoff team. Looking back, I'm happy to say how wrong I was. McNabb himself would have set back the Bills by another 10 years. He was clearly on the decline of his career looking back, and now with the comments he's made about WASH it makes me think that he would have come in and been unsuccessful and then he would have blamed it on the system or the coaches or the organization and NO fa's would have wanted to come here forever. We'd be sitting here today debating whether Ryan Tanehill is the best option.

So a big thank you to Donovan McNabb for saying no to Buffalo, he delivered us Super Mario.

1333163616[/url]' post='2426748']

I was a HUGE supporter of the Bills trading for McNabb back 2 years ago (keep in mind we were stuck with Captain Checkdown) when Chix first came on board. My thought was if we got McNabb and Joey Porter came on board then two of our biggest needs would have been filled and a 7-9 team could make the leap to get those extra few wins to be a playoff team. Looking back, I'm happy to say how wrong I was. McNabb himself would have set back the Bills by another 10 years. He was clearly on the decline of his career looking back, and now with the comments he's made about WASH it makes me think that he would have come in and been unsuccessful and then he would have blamed it on the system or the coaches or the organization and NO fa's would have wanted to come here forever. We'd be sitting here today debating whether Ryan Tanehill is the best option.

So a big thank you to Donovan McNabb for saying no to Buffalo, he delivered us Super Mario.

Set us back 10 years?? I'm glad we didn't get him, but he wouldn't have set us back 10 years, you're exaggerating.

By that thinking he would have given us Luck or RG3. And we we're sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much more successful the past two years, right?

I mean, am I right? Crickets?

Everyone thought i was crazy when i said Mcnabb isn't a stand up guy when the whole TO situation went down in Philly.

This was the one, and only, situation where the Eagle fans were prescient: McNabb was the problem, not TO. If they watched as many of their games as I had the unfortunate circumstance to, "everyone" would know that you were being prescient as well.

:blink:

He didn't say no, Buddy was never interested, and said so in a press conference right around that time, saying he's never been a McNabb fan.

I remember that as well. Obviously in not those exact words, but that was his intention for sure.

mcnabb DID say no to bflo. and buddy DID say he didnt want him, but that was after mcnabb had already ruled out bflo so who knows if nix really nixxed or if donny nixxed. we may never nix i mean know

but the op was right, mcnabb was washed up when he went to wash. i also wanted him but we ended up with fitz so its a wash, except that fitz is better so its not

Like Peyton Manning just did to the Seahaks, McNabb said no to the Buffalo Bills before they even entered into talks....

Here is a link that states...

""The most recent hit to the city's pride came when Donovan McNabb declined a trade to the Bills that included a contract extension. Though McNabb would finally have a city full of fans who would be behind him and have a chance to play out his career until he decides the time has come, Donovan declined. ""

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/374016-mcnabb-slights-the-city-of-buffalo

I'm freaking cheering that Mcstupid didn't want to go to the Buffalo Bills, the guy that didn't know NFL games could end in ties. The guy that doesn't know how to properly run a 2 min drill.

This was the one, and only, situation where the Eagle fans were prescient: McNabb was the problem, not TO. If they watched as many of their games as I had the unfortunate circumstance to, "everyone" would know that you were being prescient as well.

Kinda like if only we'd had prescience about this thread.

Like Peyton Manning just did to the Seahaks, McNabb said no to the Buffalo Bills before they even entered into talks....

""The most recent hit to the city's pride came when Donovan McNabb declined a trade to the Bills that included a contract extension. Though McNabb would finally have a city full of fans who would be behind him and have a chance to play out his career until he decides the time has come, Donovan declined. ""

I'm freaking cheering that Mcstupid didn't want to go to the Buffalo Bills, the guy that didn't know NFL games could end in ties. The guy that doesn't know how to properly run a 2 min drill.

I'm glad Donovan didn't want to come to the Bills but I was hoping that we would have addressed our QB issue better than what we have. Being close to the Washington Met it is very clear that the Shanahan's can not develop a QB. Hopefully they will be gone before they hurt RG3's career. McNabb/Shanahan duo was a disaster waiting to happen. The real problem being Kyle Shanahan. However focusing on the Bills, we need to address the QB issue this year, Fitz is not the long term answer and we have no backup for him. We will probably grab one in the rounds where we have extra picks depending on who is available.

Edited by VADC Bills

I'm glad Donovan didn't want to come to the Bills but I was hoping that we would have addressed our QB issue better than what we have. Being close to the Washington Met it is very clear that the Shanahan's can not develop a QB. Hopefully they will be gone before they hurt RG3's career. McNabb/Shanahan duo was a disaster waiting to happen. The real problem being Kyle Shanahan. However focusing on the Bills, we need to address the QB issue this year, Fitz is not the long term answer and we have no backup for him. We will probably grab one in the rounds where we have extra picks depending on who is available.

Which QB was Shanahan supposed to "develop" in DC? Beck??

Set us back 10 years?? I'm glad we didn't get him, but he wouldn't have set us back 10 years, you're exaggerating.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree McNabb wouldn't have set us back 10 years! He would have set us back NINE years, but not ten. McNabb is a bum.

Well if Bleacher report says its true it must be true

Buddy Nix didnt want McNabb. In fact he publicly said he wasnt a McNabb fan.