How Come The Supreme Court Waits?

Dante

No you pay into something else. I "subsidize" my own salary... Same with the other employees. If you want to think you pay my salary, your 1/1,000 of a cent that you MAY pay towards my job doesn't give you power. Sure it gives you stake in the "company" but, NOT controlling interest/majority control.

I think my tax dollars are paying for Government workers like you providing vital services, Third-rate's taxes are going for crony bank bailouts and drones blowing up Afghani wedding parties.

I think my tax dollars are paying for Government workers like you providing vital services, Third-rate's taxes are going for crony bank bailouts and drones blowing up Afghani wedding parties.

You may think that, but what is your expertise in the real estate and mortgage industry?

I'm paying your salary? Why? I never saw some agreement between me and the government that made me responsible for paying for the underacheivers to get a federal job and be protected for life.

Edit: I could be a little harsh on you but you know I'm speaking the truth in general

No you pay into something else. I "subsidize" my own salary... Same with the other employees. If you want to think you pay my salary, your 1/1,000 of a cent that you MAY pay towards my job doesn't give you power. Sure it gives you stake in the "company" but, NOT controlling interest/majority control.

In the words of Dana Carvey as John McLaughlin...WRONG!!!

The sad part is that there is a statistically significant portion of the population who hold these ill-informed, factually incorrect views.

If they are reaching a decision today what is the reason for waiting until June to announce? I'm glad that rule so quickly though. I was worried that two or three month delay in ruling would open them up to political pressure, coercion or bribery of some sort.

Just read the reason. It's not really a final decision. They can still go back and forth about it.

This explains it.

I prefer a good live tweet of the decision.

#betterlucknexttimebarry

Edited by NoSaint

Has anyone noted in this thread that one of the reasons it takes a while is because they need to research and write the opinion, revise the opinion, add their own takes on the opinion?

It's not just a quick roll call. By June is pretty fast. I've had cases take more than a year to publish the appeal decision after oral argument. Granted, my cases are more complicated than this one but it still can take a long time.

Has anyone noted in this thread that one of the reasons it takes a while is because they need to research and write the opinion, revise the opinion, add their own takes on the opinion?

It's not just a quick roll call. By June is pretty fast. I've had cases take more than a year to publish the appeal decision after oral argument. Granted, my cases are more complicated than this one but it still can take a long time.

You do realize this is the Hot Pocket generation?

Supreme Court Rulings in 2 minutes. Ding!

I think the article that Dante posted in the OP covers that.

People tend to not realize that the Supremes have to justify an informed opinion. They tend to confuse them with Congress.