Sign Mike Wallace

Driffill

Ok, Buddy you have done a decent job this off season with the defense, but if you wanna "Show Me The Baby", sign Free Agent Mike Wallace and give the Steelers our#1 at 10 overall. My reasoning is this, no matter who you draft at 10, that person has never played a down in the NFL and has about a 50/50 chance of being a bust. Mike Wallace has proven he can play at a high level and is the missing ingredient to a potent offense just like Mario was to the defense. Put Wallace along side Stevie and you now have 2 of the best that will compliment each other with different skill set. He is young and is getting better every year, can stretch a defense like very few in the NFL and will be able to for the next 5 years or so, while we make our Super Bowl run. Adding Mike Wallace will Give Coach Gailey another weapon that defenses (Jets, Pats, Fins) more trouble than they bargained for.

It's a No Brainer Buddy, you cannot lose on this one, and it will put more asses in the seats!

Ok, Buddy you have done a decent job this off season with the defense, but if you wanna "Show Me The Baby", sign Free Agent Mike Wallace and give the Steelers our#1 at 10 overall. My reasoning is this, no matter who you draft at 10, that person has never played a down in the NFL and has about a 50/50 chance of being a bust. Mike Wallace has proven he can play at a high level and is the missing ingredient to a potent offense just like Mario was to the defense. Put Wallace along side Stevie and you now have 2 of the best that will compliment each other with different skill set. He is young and is getting better every year, can stretch a defense like very few in the NFL and will be able to for the next 5 years or so, while we make our Super Bowl run. Adding Mike Wallace will Give Coach Gailey another weapon that defenses (Jets, Pats, Fins) more trouble than they bargained for.

It's a No Brainer Buddy, you cannot lose on this one, and it will put more asses in the seats!

IF the Bills are thinking of taking a wr at 10, then your logic makes perfect sense. You basically let another team take the risk, develope him, and now you get the reward. Granted probably a higher contract then you would pay the number tenth pick?

I still do not think they are drafting a wr at 10...but between the two scenarios i would do the trade as well.

First of all, Pittsburgh placed a 1st round tender on RFA Wallace, meaning they have the right to counter any offer he might get from other teams. Secondly, in order to out-bid Pittsburgh, we would likely have to offer Wallace a contract in the 10-11 million/year range....a price tag we just cannot afford (if the Bills value re-signing guys like Fred, Levitre, & Byrd). So, it is not as simple as just handing over our 1st rounder to Pitt in exchange for Wallace. It's just not going to happen folks :thumbdown:

First of all, Pittsburgh placed a 1st round tender on RFA Wallace, meaning they have the right to counter any offer he might get from other teams. Secondly, in order to out-bid Pittsburgh, we would likely have to offer Wallace a contract in the 10-11 million/year range....a price tag we just cannot afford (if the Bills value re-signing guys like Fred, Levitre, & Byrd). So, it is not as simple as just handing over our 1st rounder to Pitt in exchange for Wallace. It's just not going to happen folks :thumbdown:

Wallace was asking to be the highest paid WR in the league a week or so again, like Larry Fitzgerald's 124 million dollar deal. He wouldnt get anywhere near that but he's too expensive for the Bills right now.

I wonder if you are allowed to trade down to the end of rnd 1, pick up more picks AND THEN sign Mike Wallace? seems Maddenlike, but I wonder....

No. That is not allowed. The compensatory pick for signing an RFA has to be your own original pick.

I would love to have Wallace, but this will never happen for 2 reasons:

1.) Wallace wants to be paid close to $20m per year. He wants a deal similar for Fitzgerald and Calvin Johnson. He is not worth it.

2.) Unless someone signs him to a contract in the range of Fitz/Johnson, Pittsburgh will match the offer.

I remember one of the GMs on TV saying that teams don't like to sign RFA's to offer sheets because the other team almost always matches, so you are "doing the other GM's job for him"

No way. First off the money isn't there, and even if you were to sign him at the 10-11/yr range you seriously handcuff yourself when trying to resign Byrd,Levitre,and other key players.

Secondly, he has poor route running skills and is basically a one trick deep threat pony.

I say pass and grab Floyd with our first or take Sanu in the second if he's there.

I wonder if you are allowed to trade down to the end of rnd 1, pick up more picks AND THEN sign Mike Wallace? seems Maddenlike, but I wonder....

THAT IS A GREAT QUESTION!

I have always thought that the franchise or restricted free agent rule favored teams with good records that draft later in the first. A first round pick is a first round pick for all intents and purposes. If we could trade down, get some extra picks and only have to give away say the 30th overall pick in the draft while still satisfying the first round pick criteria I would do it in a heartbeat!

Mike Wallace is a known commodity that is possibly better than anything we could get in the draft at #10.

Edited by PDaDdy

Wallace wants more money than Fitzgerald. We don't want to end up in salary cap limbo, as the Raiders were this year, a couple of years down the line. I'd rather take our chances in the draft at this point.

1333041356[/url]' post='2425242']

This. He's too expensive.

1333050786[/url]' post='2425427']

THAT IS A GREAT QUESTION!

I have always thought that the franchise or restricted free agent rule favored teams with good records that draft later in the first. A first round pick is a first round pick for all intents and purposes. If we could trade down, get some extra picks and only have to give away say the 30th overall pick in the draft while still satisfying the first round pick criteria I would do it in a heartbeat!

Mike Wallace is a known commodity that is possibly better than anything we could get in the draft at #10.

And will cost buffalo 11-13 mill a year. And we still have to resign Levitre and Byrd among others. The well is dry.

P.S.- I know you love fitz, but he doesn't have the arm to compliment Wallace's speed (especially at 11-13 mill a year).

What? hes played a down in the nfl?....

So what? niether did any other receiver before they were signed.

Also hes a "one trick pony" like evans, who will only do things like "catch 70 yard touchdowns" and "stretch the field" and "demand double coverage" who wants that?

Also you cant have "fast" recievers in chans offense, those guys just dont work...so why not sign hines ward instead? I think he slow enough for our 15 point per game offense.

I had that same thought. My guess would be that you would have to cough up your highest pick (assuming you had two in the 1st round) and am sure the trading for extra picks would not be allowed either... Be nice if you could though!

But I like the idea and wouldn't mind coughing up the pick with the exeption that I think He is asking for too much $$$. Is he worth more than Fitzgerald???

1333057467[/url]' post='2425561']

I had that same thought. My guess would be that you would have to cough up your highest pick (assuming you had two in the 1st round) and am sure the trading for extra picks would not be allowed either... Be nice if you could though!

But I like the idea and wouldn't mind coughing up the pick with the exeption that I think He is asking for too much $$. Is he worth more than Fitzgerald???

If we had a rocket armed qb, he might be worth it. I'd rather have Antonio Brown than Wallace.

Guys,

Do your homework, Pittsburgh can only afford about $5m a year, that's all they have left. Wallace is worth the #10 overall and $10 million a year for 3 years + Bonus $$$$$........If you wanna get out of the cellar, you gotta think big, stop thinking we can't do it and think we can and make it happen........Watch Wallace the next few years and you will see why he wants Big Money. Like I said earlier, any #10 overall pick is a risk vs. a proven talent, pull the trigger Buddy.