Jeffery Pro Day

KOKBILLS

Pro-day figures are always inflated.

Really? Since when? So when Dez Bryant ran a pair of 4.52 40's, then ran a mid 4.6 into the wind and it was reported that way it was inflated? Different Scouts have different times...There are some discrepancies always...But I would not say things are normally inflated as much as I'd say some tracks are faster, some tracks are literally downhill, and some tracks are 39.5 yds... B-)

Not according to Chris Brown

This part is just confusing...

"Tony Pauline Alshon Jeffery/WR/South Carolina timed 4.47 seconds on 2nd forty…hearing some watches had him slightly faster on the first attempt; 4.54s

Update: there are additional reports that Jeffery stumbled out of his stance on 2nd 40, which might explain the slower time from the first attempt. "

So was the 2nd attempt 4.47 or 4.54? Both are actually not bad if he stumbled...And if the 2nd attempt was slower he still could have run low 4.4 in the 1st right? B-)

Edited by KOKBILLS

This part is just confusing...

"Tony Pauline Alshon Jeffery/WR/South Carolina timed 4.47 seconds on 2nd forty…hearing some watches had him slightly faster on the first attempt; 4.54s

Update: there are additional reports that Jeffery stumbled out of his stance on 2nd 40, which might explain the slower time from the first attempt. "

So was the 2nd attempt 4.47 or 4.54? Both are actually not bad if he stumbled...And if the 2nd attempt was slower he still could have run low 4.4 in the 1st right? B-)

Seriously?

Kevin_Weidl Kevin Weidl

Jeffery impressive hands and catching radius. Lack of suddenness and burst out of breaks still concerning. Limited route tree vertical wr.

Edited by Carey Bender

39 yard dash...

True. The thought of anyone even believing he ran a 4.38 is hilarious. Sometimes they say players play faster than their 40 times show. Well then he must be the opposite if he even ran a sub 4.6 because you could then say he plays slower than he runs. He is reportedly lazy and balloons up in the offseason. Go with someone like Sanu in the 2nd before this guy.

True. The thought of anyone even believing he ran a 4.38 is hilarious. Sometimes they say players play faster than their 40 times show. Well then he must be the opposite if he even ran a sub 4.6 because you could then say he plays slower than he runs. He is reportedly lazy and balloons up in the offseason. Go with someone like Sanu in the 2nd before this guy.

Yep. I like the Sanu kid. physical and cathces everything thrown his way.

he had the 3rd fastest 3 cone at the combine and when everyone was saying he was a bum and not good cause the talking heads didnt mock him high i thought it was retarded. he didnt even have his pro day and said wait till his pro day to judge him. if he shows up fat and slow then yah he would slip.

after his pro day he will rise the mocks again and be top 20. everyone is so stuck in the latest guy to do anything hype. if his pro day was at the start of the proday circuit he would have never dropped in the draftniks circle.

just watch him play in games. hes a beast. as for him running around without pads its so over rated. as long as the player doesnt blow it completely the games are what you should watch not the track and field contest.

im not saying the bills should pick him 10th but he will rise draft boards AGAIN. the only reason he dropped was cause he didnt work out yet.

Yep. I like the Sanu kid. physical and cathces everything thrown his way.

Did you ever actually see Jeffery play?...Because I'll put his catching ability up against anyone coming out...Period...I think in that area he is elite...I'm not even saying Jeffery is a 1st Round Pick, or better than Sanu, or Floyd, or anything like that...But I do think he's getting nitpicked to death by Folks who never actually watched him play...If you've seen him play, I'm sure you would come away thinking he's a pretty special talent...I think Mayock is right that he does not get separation all the time...But he certainly did get separation at times...And now that he's in excellent shape he has a chance to be special...Will he? Only time will tell...Just saying... B-)

Did you bother to look at what I highlighted in bold?

No I did not...My apologies...But that is My Grandmother's 1st Name... :lol:

How does he compare to James Hardy? Not being a wise-ass, just asking, cause I also loved Hardy coming out of IU.

Sup Bro? how you been?

I think his speed is about the same as Hardy...I seem to remember Hardy running around 4.5...But I watched Jeffery a TON in College...More than I saw Hardy that's for sure...And Jeffery is NOT Hardy...Jeffery almost seems to enjoy contact and fighting for the ball...My worry with Jeffery would be more about separation, which is Mayocks concern...But Jeffery is a Football Player through and through...He'a going to fight out there, I promise you that much...And his hands and ability to go up and get it are elite if you ask me...I always liked Hardy too, but I did wonder if he was a bit too soft...I don't have that worry with Jeffery...He needs work but I think he's got a ton of potential... B-)

Did you ever actually see Jeffery play?...Because I'll put his catching ability up against anyone coming out...Period...I think in that area he is elite...I'm not even saying Jeffery is a 1st Round Pick, or better than Sanu, or Floyd, or anything like that...But I do think he's getting nitpicked to death by Folks who never actually watched him play...If you've seen him play, I'm sure you would come away thinking he's a pretty special talent...I think Mayock is right that he does not get separation all the time...But he certainly did get separation at times...And now that he's in excellent shape he has a chance to be special...Will he? Only time will tell...Just saying... B-)

No I did not...My apologies...But that is My Grandmother's 1st Name... :lol:

Sup Bro? how you been?

I think his speed is about the same as Hardy...I seem to remember Hardy running around 4.5...But I watched Jeffery a TON in College...More than I saw Hardy that's for sure...And Jeffery is NOT Hardy...Jeffery almost seems to enjoy contact and fighting for the ball...My worry with Jeffery would be more about separation, which is Mayocks concern...But Jeffery is a Football Player through and through...He'a going to fight out there, I promise you that much...And his hands and ability to go up and get it are elite if you ask me...I always liked Hardy too, but I did wonder if he was a bit too soft...I don't have that worry with Jeffery...He needs work but I think he's got a ton of potential... B-)

Cool. I only saw SC play a few times, mostly 2 years ago. I remember Jeffrey making some plays, but I was more impressed with Lattimore at the time.

Whatever his 40 time was, he'll make play after play in the NFL just like he did for the 'cocks. Even with a dunkard for a QB this guy made big, clutch plays. I'd love to have him in Bills red, white, and blue.

How does he compare to James Hardy? Not being a wise-ass, just asking, cause I also loved Hardy coming out of IU.

If you loved Hardy, how about this RD7#199/UDFA prospect?

Damarlo Belcher WR Indiana WR 6-5 213

12 TD

Returned in 2011 to break James Hardy’s records

Would have done it.

But: Oct 31 2011: Demarlo Belcher was dismissed from the IU Football team, ending his career at IU=suspension for the Northwestern game for failing drug test.

He had 189 catches. James Hardy holds the school record with 191. Injuries and a one-game suspension, however, had only allowed Belcher to play in six of the first nine games. He had 25 catches for 286 yards and a touchdown when he was kicked off the team. As a junior, Belcher had 78 catches for 832 yards and four touchdowns. Belcher said he told the scouts that he was hanging around with the wrong crowd. “I basically told them, ‘Man, I just gotta watch who I hang around with and watch my peers because it’s easy to do bad things when those guys aren’t doing the same things as you.’ I just told them my word is my bond and I won’t let the same things happen again at the next level.” Progressing each year, and seemed poised to have a big senior year. With his size and speed, if he put up good numbers this year, it wasn’t crazy to think that he would be a late round pick!

Belcher:

http://bit.ly/wfFcci

If you loved Hardy, how about this RD7#199/UDFA prospect?

Damarlo Belcher WR Indiana WR 6-5 213

12 TD

Returned in 2011 to break James Hardy’s records

Would have done it.

But: Oct 31 2011: Demarlo Belcher was dismissed from the IU Football team, ending his career at IU=suspension for the Northwestern game for failing drug test.

He had 189 catches. James Hardy holds the school record with 191. Injuries and a one-game suspension, however, had only allowed Belcher to play in six of the first nine games. He had 25 catches for 286 yards and a touchdown when he was kicked off the team. As a junior, Belcher had 78 catches for 832 yards and four touchdowns. Belcher said he told the scouts that he was hanging around with the wrong crowd. “I basically told them, ‘Man, I just gotta watch who I hang around with and watch my peers because it’s easy to do bad things when those guys aren’t doing the same things as you.’ I just told them my word is my bond and I won’t let the same things happen again at the next level.” Progressing each year, and seemed poised to have a big senior year. With his size and speed, if he put up good numbers this year, it wasn’t crazy to think that he would be a late round pick!

Belcher:

http://bit.ly/wfFcci

It sounds like James Hardy part two, i mean from the size of the kid down to him having maybe an attitude problem?

UDFA maybe, But if you can find a SJ and a D. Bell in the seventh, they are vaulable picks?

It sounds like James Hardy part two, i mean from the size of the kid down to him having maybe an attitude problem?

UDFA maybe, But if you can find a SJ and a D. Bell in the seventh, they are vaulable picks?

The other WR I'd like us to look at in RD6-7 is Lavasier Tuinei. Oregon inclement weather player, 6’5” 216, and sets up defenders really well, catches away from body, light for a TE, add weight and he’s an H-back… goes immediately to the ground for 2TDs, …great body control… last minute snatch to catch long pass so CB didn’t know. His liability is his thin lower body--he needs chicken wings really bad.

http://bit.ly/Ae2vei

Was he wearing full pads, being covered by a cornerback and had to make a catch at the end of the dash? If not, I could give a sh-- about his 40 time.

If there was no place for 40s, teams would not fly across the country to see guys run them.

40s are just part of the evaluation, like everything else.

All 40 times are pretty misleading, and virtually none of them are accurate. It's easily the most overrated stat in football, IMO. Here is a very good article from a very smart NFL guy Greg Gabriel.

http://www.signonsan...-1s18forty.html

This is the best article I ever read on the 40. The main crux is to say that in the 1988 Olympics, the fastest person in the world, breaking the all-time sprint record, in track spikes, on a fast track, with a tail wind, with Carl Lewis chasing him, and with the help of steroids that disqualified him, Ben Johnson ran the 40 in 4.38.

Edited by Kelly the Dog

All 40 times are pretty misleading, and virtually none of them are accurate. It's easily the most overrated stat in football, IMO. Here is a very good article from a very smart NFL guy Greg Gabriel.

This is the best article I ever read on the 40. The main crux is to say that in the 1988 Olympics, the fastest person in the world, breaking the all-time sprint record, in track spikes, on a fast track, with a tail wind, with Carl Lewis chasing him, and with the help of steroids that disqualified him, Ben Johnson ran the 40 in 4.38.

Jeffrey doesn't interest me at all, not in the 1st, 2nd or 3rd rounds. There is a reason that nobody that has watched his games thinks that he can

succeed in the NFL.