Classy Pats Fans?

Thanks to 95altima12 for the link.

Really interesting thread here on Patsfan.com about the Anderson signing. Was actually surprised at the amount of credit and respect the Pats fans were showing the Bills. Most even saying they were happy for us fans as we deserve the turnaround.

I still hate them though. hahaha :thumbsup:

Good read...

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/10/906105-mark-anderson-signs-bills-4-years-27-5-million-8-million-guaranteed.html

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

"paraphrasing BB after he got Welker - 'there's something to be said for not only getting a good player but also taking one away from your division rival' -maybe that played into the contract he got..."

Edited by scribo

I just read the whole thread and there was SO MUCH LESS vitriol towards him than I would have seen on this board. Most of the people there said something along the lines of "it's more money than they should have paid for him, but at least it's the Bills and not the other 2 teams in the division."

My favorite quote from that thread:

"The Bills have Mario Williams, Marcell Dareus, Kyle Williams and Mark Anderson on their D-line...

And yet I am still more terrified of Aaron Schobel, by himself."

I just read the whole thread and there was SO MUCH LESS vitriol towards him than I would have seen on this board. Most of the people there said something along the lines of "it's more money than they should have paid for him, but at least it's the Bills and not the other 2 teams in the division."

"The Bills have Mario Williams, Marcell Dareus, Kyle Williams and Mark Anderson on their D-line...

Hahaha crazy I was just about to do the same exact thing. I had a good laugh at that one!

"paraphrasing BB after he got Welker - 'there's something to be said for not only getting a good player but also taking one away from your division rival' -maybe that played into the contract he got..."

Yeah. Surprisingly coherent bunch of comments from Pats fans. Some like this one were rational and insightful.

good post, i don't usually troll on the message boards behind enemy lines but it was interesting to see their take on the signing.

One poster stuck in my mind, "yeah the defense looks tough but they still have a qb that threw as many picks as TD's last year"

This is sad but true, and why I think we will go LT in the first round. Our QB needs to have a major shift in the way he plays the game this year. If you are leading the league in picks AND sacked the least in the league, it means you're pulling the trigger too early.

This means you either don't trust your line, or you get too used to throwing quick timing routes so that when it's 3rd and 12 and you have to let some routes develop downfield a little, you lose your mechanics/accuracy/or ability to read your coverages. Fitz is reportedly good at presnap reads and adjustments (I wouldn't know) but after the snap his downfield strikes need to be more efficient and on the money.

I remember someone saying Fitz drops his shoulder and loses his throwing integrity when throwing 20 yards or more, or when zipping a fastball in a tight spot. Our Quarterback's coach needs to be an all star this offseason.

It actually made me a little embarrassed of the "discussions" that go on here sometimes.

They sure seem to respect the Bills WAY more than the Fins or Jets. I wonder what that's all about.

Because right before they decided to be Pats fans in the late-90s, the Bills had been the class of the AFC. And then they have watched our decade+ of futility.

That huge fall from grace has a lot of fans from other teams pulling for the Bills and their fans. I get a lot of support down here in Atlanta from Falcons fans, Saints fans, Ravens fans, Giants fans, etc. Have even converted a number of Falcons fans into Bills fans, and that is over the last few years when we have been TERRIBLE.

the lowest paid player in the NFL is overpaid. $300k or whatever the minimum salary is, that is more than the President of the US makes

Yes, but not many guys in the NFL are as ineffective at their job as the President.