TEBOW!!! is a Jet! (finally)

Guess this dispells the reason for Fitz's poor performance do to bad Ribs.

Excuse me while I ask WTF, how does Tebow playing with injuries through part of one game "dispel" anything in regards to Fitzpatrick playing multiple games with an alleged injury?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope, Fitz would do well to hit the gym to get that arm strength up. I watched Tebow throughout college and he throws the ball a lot harder now.

I don't think lifting weights has much at all to do with how far or hard you can throw the ball. In fact, it is discouraged. Would be curious to hear if there is a training program to the contrary for QB's, but whether a guy presses 300 or 500 pounds doesn't correlate to arm strength when throwing the ball.

I don't think lifting weights has much at all to do with how far or hard you can throw the ball. In fact, it is discouraged. Would be curious to hear if there is a training program to the contrary for QB's, but whether a guy presses 300 or 500 pounds doesn't correlate to arm strength when throwing the ball.

Fitz said that is the past he has neglected his strength and that last offseason he started working on it. And it showed in preason and the first few games but as the season progressed his throws became more inaccurate and more effort laden which means he got weaker which means he quit doing his strength & Conditioning program.

There is more to strength than bench press, and strengthening the muscles that throw while while simultaneously throwing will make one throw harder.

Fitz said that is the past he has neglected his strength and that last offseason he started working on it. And it showed in preason and the first few games but as the season progressed his throws became more inaccurate and more effort laden which means he got weaker which means he quit doing his strength & Conditioning program.

There is more to strength than bench press, and strengthening the muscles that throw while while simultaneously throwing will make one throw harder.

I've read (and the football players out there can chime in) that you make your strength gains in the offseason but that during the season, you're simply trying to maintain strength.

I go back to last year when he didn't play the last two weeks because he was "a bit beat up" and in my mind, Fitz was beat up again this year.

He has a naturally thicker build and he can surprise you with his legs a bit but he's really not a great athlete, nor is he a big guy, and he strikes me as a guy (and I'm a Fitz fan) who gets dinged up a bit… not naturally durable so to speak.

I've read (and the football players out there can chime in) that you make your strength gains in the offseason but that during the season, you're simply trying to maintain strength.

I go back to last year when he didn't play the last two weeks because he was "a bit beat up" and in my mind, Fitz was beat up again this year.

He has a naturally thicker build and he can surprise you with his legs a bit but he's really not a great athlete, nor is he a big guy, and he strikes me as a guy (and I'm a Fitz fan) who gets dinged up a bit… not naturally durable so to speak.

True but I don't think he maintained it, maybe he was hurt but we never hear about arm strength of guys who have the arm but still perform when they're dinged up. I want to be a Fitz fan because he has the smarts, decision making and leadership but I just don't think he will ever get that arm up to par, hope I'm wrong but doubt it.

True but I don't think he maintained it, maybe he was hurt but we never hear about arm strength of guys who have the arm but still perform when they're dinged up. I want to be a Fitz fan because he has the smarts, decision making and leadership but I just don't think he will ever get that arm up to par, hope I'm wrong but doubt it.

He has a borderline arm - you take a little off it with a well placed injury or fatigue and it's below standard. I don't think anyone is saying the injury caused all his problems, but instead magnified them. He's nearing 30 - if he hasn't physically he probably won't change dramatically. With the wear and tear of football he's at a spot where you hope to make big gains mentally while not losing anything physically.

He has a borderline arm - you take a little off it with a well placed injury or fatigue and it's below standard. I don't think anyone is saying the injury caused all his problems, but instead magnified them. He's nearing 30 - if he hasn't physically he probably won't change dramatically. With the wear and tear of football he's at a spot where you hope to make big gains mentally while not losing anything physically.

Which is why I want to draft Tannehill because Fitz just doesn't have the talent and we need someone to groom to take his place.

• 4 weeks later...

Wont be long until Tebow is a complete QB. This why we should have picked him because despite his flaws he is willing to overcome them. Man it would have been nice rooting for him in the playoffs this past year.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/sns-rt-fbn-broncos-newssx865c7a1-20120216,0,7641224.story

Wont be long until Tebow is a complete QB. This why we should have picked him because despite his flaws he is willing to overcome them. Man it would have been nice rooting for him in the playoffs this past year.

http://www.chicagotr...0,7641224.story

He's already worked with Mazzone two different years and it hasn't helped him. He's gotten worse. ;)

This Fitz arm stregth rant is dumb. He has threaded frozen ropes all over the field the past year. He has ACCURACY issues with deep balls particularly to the sideline but the weak arm stuff is just silly... In fact bellicheat proclaimed in a presser last season he's a "strong arm qb who likes to force it into tight spaces." but then what does he know about football?

**Sigh**

This Fitz arm stregth rant is dumb. He has threaded frozen ropes all over the field the past year. He has ACCURACY issues with deep balls particularly to the sideline but the weak arm stuff is just silly... In fact bellicheat proclaimed in a presser last season he's a "strong arm qb who likes to force it into tight spaces." but then what does he know about football?

**Sigh**

Bill makes every team sound like they are superbowl contenders so saying Fitz has strong arm doesn't mean much.

and Fitz does not have a strong arm.

This Fitz arm stregth rant is dumb. He has threaded frozen ropes all over the field the past year. He has ACCURACY issues with deep balls particularly to the sideline but the weak arm stuff is just silly... In fact bellicheat proclaimed in a presser last season he's a "strong arm qb who likes to force it into tight spaces." but then what does he know about football? **Sigh**

Half of Bellicheat's roster is perpetually on the "injured" list. But he's an honest guy right? **Spygate** oops, i mean *cough* **spygate**

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/sns-rt-fbn-broncos-newssx865c7a1-20120216,0,7641224.story

Boy you are full of asinine ideas recently. Keep it up.

Of course Tebow will be a "complete QB" even though there's no evidence to support that suggestion. He's been trying to learn pro throwing mechanics for 2 years and hasnt made any progress. But he's white! Right BB, so it should all work out for him. I really hope for your sake you're only 15 years old.

Boy you are full of asinine ideas recently. Keep it up.

Of course Tebow will be a "complete QB" even though there's no evidence to support that suggestion. He's been trying to learn pro throwing mechanics for 2 years and hasnt made any progress. But he's white! Right BB, so it should all work out for him. I really hope for your sake you're only 15 years old.

just trying to keep you happy :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

Denver...Peyton in, Tebow out

https://twitter.com/...770388144005122

http://www.rotoworld...the-trade-block

give up Thigpin and Brad Smith which saves 6-7 mill and let baby Jesus run the WC, and be groomed by Gailey

IDC what anyone says, the kid is a winner! Took over a 1-4 loser and sparked them into the playoffs

Edited by Fear the Beard