TEBOW!!! is a Jet! (finally)

I'm with you CS, i'd prefer just talking about Tebow the football player. Unfortunately whenever that debate commences, it's not long before his followers fall back on things like his "character" and "values" and "intangibles" - all things that don't matter a lick when he can't read a defense or hit the broad side of a barn with a football.

So you should probably take this up with those folks first if you're upset with people "slandering" Christians - which the vast majority of commenters in this thread didn't even come close to doing.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a Bills fan and as a committed follower of Jesus Christ - I've been a Youth Pastor for 14 years, and College Professor for the last 11 years, and I'm a lifelong Buffalo BIlls fan--I feel this thread has spun hopelessly out of bounds of what this DB is about. Unfortunately, this thread has gone on and has lasted into, now 20 pages worth of, what is now nothing but unnecessary verbal venom.

Regardless of one thoughts about Time Tebow, is this really what this Discussion Board is to be about? Do we really have to go this low and seek to disparage an entire group of people, religious or not, on the back of not liking one person?

I say this not because I'm a TT fan. But because the tone and direction of this thread has crossed a line that we don't need to cross in this format. And I would say that for any people group that was being slandered in the way Christians have been in this thread: except for the Jets of course--fire away on them :) .

Granted, we Christains bring much of this on ourselves and I understand why people can look at Christians and think we're silly, obnoxious, arrogant, judgmental, even hateful, etc.-- and I make no excuses for such behavior or attitudes. This presentation of our faith is wrong, no matter where, or to whom, it happens.

And, if you have personally been hurt or affected by such behavior, I apologize and ask for your forgiveness on behalf of my fellow brothers and sisters in Christ. I can't undo or reverse anything they (I) have done, but I can try to represent our faith in a way that is honoring to it, and to you as a fellow human being.

Nonetheless, that being said. I don't think it necessary, nor is this the best format, to have such a conversation. You, and I, have every right to express our opinions of Tim Tebow as a football player, and even on his public actions (that's the price of being a well paid entertainer in our society). [And by the way, I have great respect for Tim Tebow as a person, he has deep convictions, and he is brave in consistently living by those convictions in public--something all of us should strive for--but I also think he is a lousy NFL QB.]

But is it helpful or constructive to allow this (and I know this is a strong word, but I think accurate), "hate" to be allowed to continue here. My point is: moderators, maybe it's time to shut this thread down. And in the future, whether it be about TT, Christians, or any person or group of people, I think we should be much more vigilant in not allowing this type of thing to be a part of what is otherwise a fun and entertaining forum to be a part of. My two cents.

To those that lead this, thank you for your work with it. It's part of my daily routine to check this wall. I'm personally grateful for your leadership of this place, and for allowing us to exercise our fandom and love for the Bills with fellow Bills fans. It really is add to enjoyment of being a fan. So again, "Thank You!"

Also, is there a way I can print or PDF this entire thread so I can use it in my ethics is Sports Ministry class? It would be a great discussion tools in that context, to help them, as future leaders, to have a complete perspective of what people think.

GO BILLS!

My sense was that the mods are doing WJWDo on this. Turn the other cheek.

Adhering to the terms of service on all things except religious discussion would be the Christian thing to do. The reasponse to all accusations of questioning his religion based power should be thats what you say.

talking disparagingly about Tim Tebow != talking bad about all Christians or Christianity

Well, that's my point, maybe I overstated it or it got lost in the rambling: I don't like Tebow as aQB, he's awful. So focus on that, many have crossed a line and taken it as open season on all. That's is not necessary, whether it be Christians, Muslims, Hindus, Italians, Western NY'ers, etc.

Well, that's my point, maybe I overstated it or it got lost in the rambling: I don't like Tebow as aQB, he's awful. So focus on that, many have crossed a line and taken it as open season on all. That's is not necessary, whether it be Christians, Muslims, Hindus, Italians, Western NY'ers, etc.

I love how the Broncos kicked a FG before half time, accept a roughing the kicker penalty for 15 yards, then come away with no points

Edited by /dev/null

Holy ****. Tebow looked like...Tim Tebow today.

Because Tebow and company posting 300 rushing yards on us is a good thing...?

No, because those 6-7 passes he throws about 10 yards away from his receiver will be picks.

I'm with you CS, i'd prefer just talking about Tebow the football player. Unfortunately whenever that debate commences, it's not long before his followers fall back on things like his "character" and "values" and "intangibles" - all things that don't matter a lick when he can't read a defense or hit the broad side of a barn with a football.

So you should probably take this up with those folks first if you're upset with people "slandering" Christians - which the vast majority of commenters in this thread didn't even come close to doing.

Tebow can't read a defense? So you think it's just an accident when he rushes for 100 yards, or throws 2 TDs and 0 INTs in a game then? Because all 2nd year players can dissect coverage in the blink of an eye like Peyton Manning, right?

And I'm pretty sure that debating that Tebow will in fact be an effective and successful QB doesn't make any of us his followers - I have no vested interest in him whatsoever. And like the vast majority of Tebow sympathizers on this board, I'm simply arguing that his football skill set will be effective in the NFL.

You are the one who continues to post derogatory generalizations regarding anyone who supports Tebow - so spare us your sanctimonious drivel.

Edited by SouthGeorgiaBillsFan

Do you prefer Tebow to Fitz?

Not at this point in their careers but as much as I want Fitz to succeed his arm strength and accuracy has cost us big time this year. That is why as much as we need a CB, OLB and a real NT we should draft QB Ryan Tannehill out of Texas A&M who has as much brains as Fitz and way more talent and with 3 years of Grooming behind Fitz we would have a QB that can win Superbowls.

• 2 weeks later...

Tebow is leading the charge back from 26 - 10 deficit and will be the starting QB. Just shows that he is a gamer and not a great practice player. If they had started him they would have won.

I'm lost. I thought I was on the Buffalo Bills message board, but apparently I'm on the Broncos board.

Tell me about it! That pick-six that he got off of Sanchez was LEGENDARY

Just like his 20 yard, game winning TD run where he broke a number of tackles! :thumbsup:

The comments on this ESPN board on the Legend of Tebow are hilarious.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/35668/the-legend-of-tim-tebow-grows

One commenter noted that Elway looked pissed when Tebow won the game. I was thinking the exact same thing.

Ha! I bet its killing him as a "classic QB".

Tim Tebow’s number is 15 because that’s how many players it takes to tackle him.

LOL!! :thumbsup:

did I imply that he didn't? maybe I should have bolded the where he broke a number of tackles! :thumbsup:

Maybe you didn't watch the game but I will help you out here, Tebow didn't need to break a number of tackles because nobody in the Jets secondary wanted to tangle with him. Cromartie looked like he was more than happy to get blocked in the end zone.

Maybe you didn't watch the game but I will help you out here, Tebow didn't need to break a number of tackles because nobody in the Jets secondary wanted to tangle with him. Cromartie looked like he was more than happy to get blocked in the end zone.

I did watch the game; thanks for your input. He also didn't need to break any tackles because they blitzed everyone up the middle, and the receivers brought the defensive backs downfield, and tebow broke contain on eric smith's side therefore nobody was between tebow and the end zone; but i bet you already knew that since you watched the game, right?

I did watch the game; thanks for your input. He also didn't need to break any tackles because they blitzed everyone up the middle, and the receivers brought the defensive backs downfield, and tebow broke contain on eric smith's side therefore nobody was between tebow and the end zone; but i bet you already knew that since you watched the game, right?

ok, he didnt have to break tackles to score. so whats your point?

This is what annoys me; Good on Tebow for that final drive, but the Broncos' defense should be getting 95% of the credit. And yet, you don't hear a peep about them. From an objective standpoint, they saved Tebow's bacon. That winning drive could have very well been meaningless. And no, I'm not being anti-Tebow here. It's just that the Denver offense did NOTHING with the ball all game, so to be in a position where the lead was even attainable was a near miracle given how often they punted away to the Jets.

Look at the way the Broncos have been winning. Why aren't people saying "The Denver defense just wins games"?

Edited by SageAgainstTheMachine