Demetrius Bell - Now an Eagle

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eagles and Sporting News Corresponded reports:

Geoff Mosher ‏ @geoffmosher Reply Retweet Favorite · Open

Working on numbers for Bell's deal, but @Tim_McManus is reporting 5 years, $35 million. Guessing he'd have to hit mucho escalators for that.

Working on numbers for Bell's deal, but @Tim_McManus is reporting 5 years, $35 million. Guessing he'd have to hit mucho escalators for that.

I seriously hope (for the Eagles) that it's like Anderson's deal, i.e. the true value is a lot lower. Because that's some serious overpayment if true.

Would have been nice to have him back at a reasonable cost, but the guy just couldn't stay healthy. Its a great move for the Eagles if he can stay healthy and play cause he shows potential and ability. Its an even better deal for the Bills if he continues to get hurt after every couple of games........

I'm sorry to see him go because he showed worlds of potential. But given his injury history I'm glad that contract is not on the Bills' books. I trust Nix to spend his money better and fill out the line through the draft.

edit: is Bell the last of the FA's? And we lost only him and Parrish? If so, hell of a job by the FO.

Edited by janicks

Now if we can only get a good LT that wants to be here than we can seriously be a threat for the play-offs. I almost feel like Buffalo is the farm team for the Eagles' LT position. We groom 'em and they take 'em! Wtf!

This had nothing to do with Bell not wanting to be here. It's just business. $35M in business. Good for him. Probably made more than his deadbeat dad ever did.

PTR

Now if we can only get a good LT that wants to be here than we can seriously be a threat for the play-offs. I almost feel like Buffalo is the farm team for the Eagles' LT position. We groom 'em and they take 'em! Wtf!

I'm glad we haven't tossed them the kind of money the Eagles have.

That is STARTER money, meaning that Peters likely is done in Philly. Interesting.

I don't know how each of their contracts is structured, but it does appear to give Philly the option to decide which one to keep after getting to see Bell in action for 2012.

Yeah, that's kind of weird. Both Peters and Bell were really unpolished coming out of college. We taught them both how to be NFL tackles and they both cashed in with the Eagles.