Trayvon Martin Case

fjl2nd

I sort of followed this case from the beginning of the media outrage. For a long time I had no opinion as it regarded to innocence or guilt for GZ. My inter radar was picqued by the media's narrative. My interest in this case stemmed from the media and the politicians efforts to control the court system. After a while though, it became very apparent that the state had no case (unless there were some bigtime surprises) and the whole trial was an injustice.

This subject came up tonight at a family gathering. My one sister, who thought the verdict was awful, got to hear my listing of the facts. When I finished she asked me if I was serious and had really watched the actual trial. When I told her I had and was probably in the .1 percentile of people who knew the facts, she looked at me and said "thats not what Nancy Grace said". I said "who do you believe, Nancy Grace or me"? She thought for a minute and said, "you've never lied to me before, and those SOB's all should go to jail".

One convert at a time.

That is great.

This is one of those times where it's quite obvious that the people who are protesting this verdict know nothing of the facts of the case. I have never seen a debate this controversial where the only real difference between the two opposing sides is that one chooses to remain ignorant. We are literally arguing facts vs opinions.

I honestly have so much dislike for liberals right now, like never before.

It's exactly that - facts vs. opinions.

I have seen it posted a few times on the Springsteen board that I frequent (among 100 other things of misinformation) the same thing I just read on a facebook page:

it doesn't take a genius to figure out Zimmerman had a vendetta against black people since 100% of the calls he made to 911 were about "suspicious black guys".

The problem with this is when the first person said it on the board, I followed her link which she obviously never even checked..............Out of the 46 calls, about 7-8 were mentioned a black male. Two mentioned non blacks. About 20 didn't give any race.........And, the rest were crap like animals and smoke alarms.

Who gave them this talking point...............it seems to me from reading that facebook page, and from the big bold CNN headlines right now, that they are trying to stir up riots.

They only wanted a trial, they said!

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Funny how no one who needs justice for Trayvon ever sees that point. Not a one can point to any evidence. They can only point to what they want to see, and what they want to see is what they're told to see so they don't have to think too hard.

I wasn't interested in following the case because it was clear from the jump it was political. Then the 19-year-old with the neck fat started telling people she can't read cursive, and I was immediately drawn into this Kardashian clusterphuck. And if you paid even the least bit of attention, you saw a prosecution trying to do something it likely knew it couldn't do. Never did the state present evidence supporting its case. Not once. Half their witnesses helped the defense.

No evidence. Just people talking about what they think happened, and want to believe happened, and as I watch FB and Twitter time lines fill with friends of mine wanting justice for Trayvon, I shake my head and realize things are about to get worse. It'll start with the WH getting involved, and somewhere in the middle, the jurors will be exposed, and it'll get Jeantel ugly very fast.

Neck fat leads to illiteracy...it's a clinically diagnosed condition.

I was also drawn in toward the end - all I can say is if Hernandez is acquitted for shooting a black man, I hope they pursue a civil rights case against him and perhaps demonstrations with Rev Al...oh wait, Hernandez is a thug and not an innocent 17 yr old on his way home from getting milk for his Gram...forget it.

Good lord.

So far I've heard repeated and have read repeatedly that Zimmerman was ordered or told by the police or 911 to stay in his truck.

That this is about "Stand Your Ground"

That Zimmerman stalked Martin. Stalked, not followed.

"If only Zimmerman would have obeyed the police order to stand down"

As the kids say on FB "SMHID"

My thread is still alive!

Obviously, I'm outraged by the outcome. Florida's stupid laws let George Zimmerman kill a teenager with no consequence. George Zimmerman's words are apparently enough to claim self defense. He will always be a coward to me.

Things like turning Trayvon Martin into a "gangbanger" and "thug" (white America's favorite words to describe black kids) were despicable but par for the course. I hope all those other cowards, the ones who contributed to the Zimmerman defense fund are happy. The "truth" came out.

My thread is still alive!

Obviously, I'm outraged by the outcome. Florida's stupid laws let George Zimmerman kill a teenager with no consequence. George Zimmerman's words are apparently enough to claim self defense. He will always be a coward to me.

Things like turning Trayvon Martin into a "gangbanger" and "thug" (white America's favorite words to describe black kids) were despicable but par for the course. I hope all those other cowards, the ones who contributed to the Zimmerman defense fund are happy. The "truth" came out.

:lol:

Which laws exactly? Self defense laws are unique to Florida?

:lol:

Which laws exactly? Self defense laws are unique to Florida?

He didn't have to prove he acted in self defense. The prosecution has to prove beyond a reasonable that he DIDN'T act in self defense. It's different in a state such as New York where you have you prove that you DID act in self defense.

He didn't have to prove he acted in self defense. The prosecution has to prove beyond a reasonable that he DIDN'T act in self defense. It's different in a state such as New York where you have you prove that you DID act in self defense.

Umm? I'm not a legal expert but that doesn't sound accurate.

I was told this by a lawyer from NY. If you claim something like self defense or insanity, it is on the defendant to prove this to "justify" the killing.

But apparently your knowledge of the facts of the case have long expired.........................................

"Expired"? You sound like the Zimmerman brothers.

What facts have I missed?

Yes, BUT...there would still be questions surrounding "excessive use of force" on his part.

Which is my point. Under the law, was Zimmerman within his rights to shoot Trayvon under the expectation that he could fear serious harm or death? Yes, possibly...enough to cast reasonable doubt on any criminal charges. Under a civil suit...now "excessive force" comes in to question, given that Zimmerman "brought a gun to a fist fight." And that makes the outcome of a civil suit a lot murkier.

Half the people in the country think that would be justice done.

And they will find charges against Zimmerman. The same way Starr eventually found something on Clinton: keep looking until you do. Hell, it wouldn't surprise me if Reid and Pelosi introduced some sort of a bill of attainder to make sure he's charged with something.

Wouldn't that be excessive use of force by the government and denial of equal protection?

So, what you are saying is in NY the fundamental American right of being innocent until proven guilty does not exist? You so crazy.

See pages 100 thru 180.

you have 'missed' them all.

I guess he missed.

1) Eyewitness of Trayvon on top of Zimmerman

2) Lead detective saying George Zimmerman interviews are consistent and that he believed him.

3) Lead detective impled that Tracy Martin said that wasn't his son (Trayvon) screaming on the tape

4) Evidence that George Zimmerman was assualted by Trayvon.

5) No evidence that Trayvon was assualted prior to gunshot.

Thats only the tip of the iceberg.

So, what you are saying is in NY the fundamental American right of being innocent until proven guilty does not exist? You so crazy.

That's not it at all. It was FACT that she shot and killed Trayvon Martin. The burden of proof is now on him to show he acted in self defense.

I guess he missed.

1) Eyewitness of Trayvon on top of Zimmerman

2) Lead detective saying George Zimmerman interviews are consistent and that he believed him.

3) Lead detective impled that Tracy Martin said that wasn't his son (Trayvon) screaming on the tape

4) Evidence that George Zimmerman was assualted by Trayvon.

5) No evidence that Trayvon was assualted prior to gunshot.

Thats only the tip of the iceberg.

NONE of that proves self defense.

That's not it at all. It was FACT that she shot and killed Trayvon Martin. The burden of proof is now on him to show he acted in self defense.

??? I think you're referring to Sharia law.

You are in idiot.

They absolutely do. Tryavon being on top means trayvon has the upper hand and its consistnet with the gunshot.

A displaced noise and cuts on the back of the head means Trayvon assualted Zimmerman. That's evidence that Trayvon assualted him.

The lead detective saying that Trayvons father said that wasn't him screaming on the tape implies it was George Zimmerman. Screaming for help is evidence that George could be fearing for his life at the time.

Conclusion. Zimmeran has a right to act in self defense.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

there are a variety of standards. in some states you have the burden of proof to prove self defense, but typically not beyond a reasonable doubt from what i have heard.

Edited by NoSaint

Except, in Florida (and most everywhere else in this country) killing someone in and of itself isn't a crime. Someone, 3rd?, posted the conditions that have to be met in Florida for 2nd Degree Murder (and the lesser charges). The DA had to prove all the conditions were met to bring the killing to the level of a criminal offense. 6 jurors determined the state did not prove it's case.

It is still innocent until proven guilty in this country. And the jurors determined that because he was acting in self defense, that GZ wasn't guilty of the crimes he was accused of having committed.