Ocho Cinco

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a lot to lose by bringing a guy who is not a team player. It's a stupid idea.

why is he not a team player? How long has he played for Buffalo? I cant recall but do you know how we aquired him? maybe he is a team player. I know Buddy hates injuries and injury prone guys as do i, but do not be surprised if we sign Bell back!

why is he not a team player? How long has he played for Buffalo? I cant recall but do you know how we aquired him? maybe he is a team player. I know Buddy hates injuries and injury prone guys as do i, but do not be surprised if we sign Bell back!

Jeff Ireland?

NE has Welker (tag), Gronk & Hernandez, have signed Lloyd & A Gonzo and now a 1 yr with Dante Stallworth.

Ocho is bound to be cut. I know his production is down, but he is better than all of our potential #2's.

Thoughts ?

Actually, this is not a bad idea. He is not going to be some savior, but a lot of people wrote TO off and he went on to have productive seasons with us (despite horrid, very horrid QB play that year) and in Cincy the next.

Ocho was not used in NE, not because he has lost it, but because he never had the chance to really get the complex playbook down prior to the start of the season and got buried on the depth chart with two stud TE's, Welker, and Branch.

This guy could be had cheap, will be motivated to prove he is not done, and with a full off season to learn our playbook would be ready to go when the season begins. He could be a nice compliment opposite SJ and could help groom a raw guy like Easley

Now Jeremy you know that's not a real answer. Maybe we can try again.

:lol:

I have no idea how to respond to that. When has he ever been a team player? Where is there even the slightest hint of it? You're making a ridiculous statement and then saying, "well, no way to know".

How about this. Prove he is a team player.

He was very mediocre with Tom Brady throwing him the ball....He should be awful with fitz

What always stood out to me with Ochocinco the Patriot, were his comments, like, 8 weeks into the season, that made it sound like he didn't understand the Patriots offense. He said, and played, like he was in "awe" of the offense around him...his lack of playing time suggests to me that he is either washed up, or just not that football smart...or both.

Edited by Buftex

WRs do not tend to age gracefully and Chad is a good example of that. At 34 he is going downhill fast. He couldn't even get Tom Brady to throw him the ball last year and Brady will throw it to anyone on the field.

NE has Welker (tag), Gronk & Hernandez, have signed Lloyd & A Gonzo and now a 1 yr with Dante Stallworth.

Ocho is bound to be cut. I know his production is down, but he is better than all of our potential #2's.

Thoughts ?

Really? Based on what evidence?

The rap on the guy is that he never bothered to learn the NE offense, that he seemed to feel that wasn't necessary, that his "great talent" was all that was needed. Very similar to the rap on him with Cinci where he seemed much more interested in self-promotion than dedication to learning the Bengals system.

I have no idea how to respond to that. When has he ever been a team player? Where is there even the slightest hint of it? You're making a ridiculous statement and then saying, "well, no way to know".

How about this. Prove he is a team player.

Your right i cant. But can he run down the field realy fast and take a defender or two with him? we dont have one of those ....yet!