Buddy's Man Bank on it! Riley Reiff

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well Hairston was projected even more as a RT than Reiff is... and the Bills still stuck him there. i think the days may be over of only saying a LT is worthy of a top 15 pick, not with OG's now getting like 9.5 million. but we ONLY need a LT, so if there's any doubt, gotta go with the guy who can definitly play there. (and hopefully Hairston can replace Pears).

I would love for us to trade down and get either Mike Adams or Cordy Glenn. I actually prefer Cordy Glenn more.

Other notables are -

Tom Compton - Projected to go in the 4th round

Lamar Holmes - Projected to go in rounds 5-6

Jeff Allen - Projected to go in rounds 3-4

If we trade down and still stay ahead of the Jets on the board I would suggest we go with WR only if Floyd is still there. If not then your guess is as good as mine. I'm afraid that Kalil is the only tackle I would waste a 1st rounder on which makes me look at other positions. I know alot of you guys love Jonathan Martin but I don't. I wouldn't waste the 10th pick on him. But I'm not Buddy Nix and I'm kind of glad I'm not because the 1st round pick is a tricky one this year for us with the addition of Mario Williams.

Edited by DefenseWinzChampionshipz

If they didn't take Bulaga, why would they take Reiff though?

But the should've taken Bulaga, they have to make up for it now and reach this season :nana:

We need an LT, but no need to reach, besides this guy might even be off the board before he gets to us (even bigger reach). Eitehr trade down and get an LT without reaching or look to the second tier.

RReiff.jpg

Riley Reiff, 6-5/313

<li>Offensive Tackle

<li>Iowa

<br style='font:/24px "Times New Roman"; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); text-transform: none; text-indent: 0px; letter-spacing: normal; word-spacing: 0px; white-space: normal; orphans: 2; widows: 2; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;'><br style='font:/24px "Times New Roman"; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); text-transform: none; text-indent: 0px; letter-spacing: normal; word-spacing: 0px; white-space: normal; orphans: 2; widows: 2; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;'>Riley Reiff Scouting Report

By Charlie Campbell

Strengths:<li>Quick feet<li>Mirrors well with speed rushers<li>Knee bend<li>Anchors well against bull rushers<li>Quality run blocker<li>Good pad level<li>Mobility to hit blocks on the second level<li>Athletic<li>Recoverability<li>Reliable pass protector<li>Smart<li>Advanced technique<li>Flexible to play zone-blocking or man-blocking scheme<li>Kicks out well to set up perimeter runs<li>Ready to play immediately in the NFL<li>Durable<li>Experienced

Unless you think Martin goes before Reiff, which he may, I'm thinking Martin could be our pick. I'm not in love with a guy they are projecting to RT. I think we may go with someone to PLAY outside LB. Ingram? Mercilus? Upshaw for rushing downs? Can't rule out a CB. If our draft history says ANYTHING it says we love DBs!

Edited by PDaDdy

Other than Kalil, there is no LT top-of-the-first-round stud out there. I'd be surprised if we take a LT at 10. Martin you could make an outside argument for, but he needed TE help A LOT at Stanford. Reiff (like has been said) has short arms. Adams has strength/conditioning issues and questions. Those are not the kind of things you look for in a Top 10 pick.

I could see Floyd. I could see DeCastro. Coples has the physical gifts, and I think is less of a chance with the addition of Mario Williams. Those guys qualify as BPA at 10 IMHO.

Edited by BEAST MODE BABY!

I think he actually has small arms too. That said, how many playoff teams has Thomas played on? Or Jake Long? Offensive tackles don't win you football games.

The only single position that wins football games is QB and you better have one of the "all timers" there for that to even be the case.

I'd even argue that it has more to do with the salary cap now than the QBs. When you look back at the dominant QBs pre-salary cap, they generally had very, very good teams around them. For example, Joe Montana never won a SB with a defense that ranked worse than 2nd in the NFL.

Other than Kalil, there is no LT top-of-the-first-round stud out there. I'd be surprised if we take a LT at 10. Martin you could make an outside argument for, but he needed TE help A LOT at Stanford. Reiff (like has been said) has short arms. Adams has strength/conditioning issues and questions. Those are not the kind of things you look for in a Top 10 pick.

I could see Floyd. I could see DeCastro. Coples has the physical gifts, and I think is less of a chance with the addition of Mario Williams. Those guys qualify as BPA at 10 IMHO.

Floyd is the only one I know anything about. Is there a chance Coples could be a JP Paul type guy? That would be freakin' sick.

Floyd is the only one I know anything about. Is there a chance Coples could be a JP Paul type guy? That would be freakin' sick.

I'm just some dude on the Internet. I'm no scout. BUT, perhaps, if Coples were there at 10, I think Mario being here would put less pressure on him to be THE GUY and he could develop well. He was double teamed a lot last year at UNC. If we have 4 guys on the line who command double teams, well, that's a problem I'd like to have. :)

Can't rule out a CB. If our draft history says ANYTHING it says we love DBs!

C'mon - don't project Dick (former pro-bowler DB) Jauron's history on to the new regime. It means nothing.

Buddy's already said he's going to add a OT - just a question of who he likes and what round.

I'm definitely thinking it's with the #10 pick though.

Edited by BobChalmers

regardless this team has negelected the offensive line the past few years..i like bell, but he hasnt said he wants to come back. Yea we can plug in other guys but thats not going to help up win the battle up front. You need a strong LT and thats Martin. We moved back into the 1st rd in 2009 to get wood, i wish the would have pulled the trigger and moved up higher to get oher. Oh and that same draft our FO decided to go maybin instead of brian orakpo. Just think what are def would look like now! But who knows what the FO will do, prolly pick trent richardson or tannehill (sp?). I have seen crazier things with this franchise on draft day.

"regardless this team has negelected the offensive line the past few years." ???? REALLY?

Did we not pick Levitre and Wood with high draft picks, and Urbik and Pears were aggressive free agent pick ups ?????? "Neglected" not sure there is a real basis for that perspective.

Anyhow, I would be satisfied with Bell (provide he is resigned) and Hairston fighting it out for that spot, and unless the LT drafted in the #10 spot is an instant & dominant starter, I'm not sure it would be much of an upgrade.

At this point I don't think a LT is the pick.

I more I read, hear and see about Jonathan Martin (and I have watched about 20 Stanford games he has played in although certainly did not key on him), the more I am convinced he is going to be our pick if he is there.

As much as we like run blockers seems like Chan likes the pass blocking lineman even if they can't get as nasty in the run game. If Martin was smart enough to grasp the protections in Stanford's WCO, he can handle Chan's with Fitz calling audibles!

Wow. The OP was edited for clarity by a mod? I wonder what the "before" looked like.

Hard to imagine drafting an LT at #10 and not have him start. If there is any question, he won't be picked.

PTR

Actually I hope someday soon the Bills become one of those teams where it's NOT automatically assumed that the first round pick will be a day one starter… because they're stacked with talent and drafting late in the first round.

I think he actually has small arms too. That said, how many playoff teams has Thomas played on? Or Jake Long? Offensive tackles don't win you football games.

They really do. And even more important is the fact that that bad ones LOSE you football games. Players such as Greg Jerman, Marcus Spriggs, Corey Loucheiy, and a litany of other horrid OTs on this football team have lost the Bills game after game after game for a generation.

Can you possibly disagree with this?