Buddy's Man Bank on it! Riley Reiff

RReiff.jpg

Riley Reiff, 6-5/313

<li>Offensive Tackle

<li>Iowa

<br style='font:/24px "Times New Roman"; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); text-transform: none; text-indent: 0px; letter-spacing: normal; word-spacing: 0px; white-space: normal; orphans: 2; widows: 2; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;'><br style='font:/24px "Times New Roman"; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); text-transform: none; text-indent: 0px; letter-spacing: normal; word-spacing: 0px; white-space: normal; orphans: 2; widows: 2; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;'>Riley Reiff Scouting Report

By Charlie Campbell

Strengths:<li>Quick feet<li>Mirrors well with speed rushers<li>Knee bend<li>Anchors well against bull rushers<li>Quality run blocker<li>Good pad level<li>Mobility to hit blocks on the second level<li>Athletic<li>Recoverability<li>Reliable pass protector<li>Smart<li>Advanced technique<li>Flexible to play zone-blocking or man-blocking scheme<li>Kicks out well to set up perimeter runs<li>Ready to play immediately in the NFL<li>Durable<li>Experienced

Edited by Beerball
Edited title for clarity

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think its def gonna be a OT.....then the draft pick and Hairston will fight it out in camp

Hard to imagine drafting an LT at #10 and not have him start. If there is any question, he won't be picked.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

RReiff.jpg

Riley Reiff, 6-5/313

<li>Offensive Tackle

<li>Iowa

<br style='font:/24px "Times New Roman"; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); text-transform: none; text-indent: 0px; letter-spacing: normal; word-spacing: 0px; white-space: normal; orphans: 2; widows: 2; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;'><br style='font:/24px "Times New Roman"; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); text-transform: none; text-indent: 0px; letter-spacing: normal; word-spacing: 0px; white-space: normal; orphans: 2; widows: 2; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;'>Riley Reiff Scouting Report

By Charlie Campbell

Strengths:<li>Quick feet<li>Mirrors well with speed rushers<li>Knee bend<li>Anchors well against bull rushers<li>Quality run blocker<li>Good pad level<li>Mobility to hit blocks on the second level<li>Athletic<li>Recoverability<li>Reliable pass protector<li>Smart<li>Advanced technique<li>Flexible to play zone-blocking or man-blocking scheme<li>Kicks out well to set up perimeter runs<li>Ready to play immediately in the NFL<li>Durable<li>Experienced

Thanks for posting the info. 30 Yr Fan

Hard to imagine drafting an LT at #10 and not have him start. If there is any question, he won't be picked.

PTR

Agree on that.

Not high on him. I'm fairly positive he played Right Tackle in college. He's essentially a Bryan Bulaga clone. Which is great. But we need a Left Tackle. Pears is set as our starter for that role. Some people even say Reiff's best fit is Guard.

No, don't like him. If we go OT, the pick is either Jonathan Martin or a trade down for Mike Adams. I really think Martin is the pick.

All Iowa Tackles are the same - very strong and dominant against slower Big 10 opponents but REALLY short arms.

Robert Gallery 32 1/4 arms and became a guard.

Bryan Bulaga 33 1/4 became a right tackle

Riley Reiff is also 33 1/4.

Read this article http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Measuring-up-height-vs-arm-length.html

I will be hella pissed if the Bills waste a top 10 pick on a right tackle when they could have kept Bell.

Chris Hairistons arms are 35 1/4 for those wondering.

Edited by ACor58

RReiff.jpg

Riley Reiff, 6-5/313

<li>Offensive Tackle

<li>Iowa

By Charlie Campbell

I want to say 0% chance, but its probably in the low single digits that Reiff is the Pick.

It is probably 60/30 between Martin/Adams and 9% chance of Malcolm Floyd.

Not high on him. I'm fairly positive he played Right Tackle in college. He's essentially a Bryan Bulaga clone. Which is great. But we need a Left Tackle. Pears is set as our starter for that role. Some people even say Reiff's best fit is Guard.

No, don't like him. If we go OT, the pick is either Jonathan Martin or a trade down for Mike Adams. I really think Martin is the pick.

Correct Reiff is projected to a RT, not a target for the #10 overall pick.

All Iowa Tackles are the same - very strong and dominant against slower Big 10 opponents but REALLY short arms.

Read this article http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Measuring-up-height-vs-arm-length.html

I will be hella pissed if the Bills waste a top 10 pick on a right tackle when they could have kept Bell.

Exactly Gallery went from top OT pickle to journeyman Guard.

Reiff has a similar likely outcome. I doubt Buddy falls for this obvious misstep in the draft.

He's the one OL I wouldnt pick at 10. I'd rather have Martin and Glenn. Maybe even Adams. I hope he's not the pick.

Agreed...There are many Scouts who feel Reiff is an NFL RT and nothing more...If you take an OT at #10, you have to be darn sure he's going to be a LT...I'm not sure that is the case with Reiff...And I think that's why, in the end, The Bills go with Martin... B-)

Yeah, I was in Bulaga boat and now I'm so glad they passed on him. Short arms is terrible for a tackle. Additionally, guys from Iowa are so well coach, there isn't much room for growth. They pretty much are as good as they will ever be.

I won't hate an OT with the #10 but I won't be that thrilled either. With teams using so much spread, the need for dominant olines has really faded. I want a difference maker at 10, not the 2nd or 3rd best OT.

I do believe Buddy will draft a OT but not Reiff with the 10th over all pick...

Martin and Glenn could be his choice...More in depth knowledge of both players is needed to determine the better of the two... Only the scouts can decide that...

Reiff does have short arms and would find it hard to keep defensive players off of him...Martin and Glenn would not with their long reaches... Buddy knows best ....

regardless this team has negelected the offensive line the past few years..i like bell, but he hasnt said he wants to come back. Yea we can plug in other guys but thats not going to help up win the battle up front. You need a strong LT and thats Martin. We moved back into the 1st rd in 2009 to get wood, i wish the would have pulled the trigger and moved up higher to get oher. Oh and that same draft our FO decided to go maybin instead of brian orakpo. Just think what are def would look like now! But who knows what the FO will do, prolly pick trent richardson or tannehill (sp?). I have seen crazier things with this franchise on draft day.