BILLS resign WR Hagan

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Despite his setbacks, I still see Easley as the one receiver with the ability to fill the no. 2 role. Aiken looked good last year, but Easley showed alot before he was forced to sit out the year.

Edited by VanCity

Here's something I don't understand. Nelson is listed on the depth chart behind Stevie. I realize he isn't a burner but the guy just gets open, why not move him to the #2 WR or worse, keep him in the slot?

Nelson was ineffective when forced to play the #2 WR for a short while. He's a very good role player but is most effective as a #3 or even #4 guy who splits seams down the middle of the field coming out of the slot, and going against LBs, safeties and #3 or #4 CBs. The Bills were most effective with Roscoe in the slot and either Nelson and/or Chandler as the #4 or #5 option depending on if they had Freddy in the game or not. Some guys are strictly outside guys and some strictly inside guys and some both. Nelson seems much more like a strictly inside guy despite his size.

Hagan, for me, was one of the few bright spots on the offense, down the stretch. He really looked motivivated whenever he was on the field. I believe it was the Chargers debacle, where he looked like the only guy who had any interest in playing football, that day, for the Buffalo Bills. Good move.

What were you guys watching to say that Easley looked good in camp? Was it in the practices? Because in the little action he saw in preseason he looked absolutely lost and had a major mistake for every average play. And please give up the man love for Donald Jones. Hagan was much more effective in stretching the field than Jones ever was. Too bad Fitz was shot by then. I hope to never see a 30 yard pass attempt to Jones on a third and 2.

Hagan, for me, was one of the few bright spots on the offense, down the stretch. He really looked motivivated whenever he was on the field. I believe it was the Chargers debacle, where he looked like the only guy who had any interest in playing football, that day, for the Buffalo Bills. Good move.

+1 big target, high motor, never gives up. Ill say it again, Id take Hagan over Jones. Really like the way he played.

Johnson

Easley

Nelson

Hagan

Jones

is there any possible way that Nelson switches to TE or is he just to light?...not sure what I'm seeing watching games, but Nelson seems to remind me of a TE when I see him play...I see 6 wr's on the roster, 5 if they designate Smith as QB(so basically it's 3 qbs/5 wr's or 2 qb's/ 6 wr's)...I also think they go with 2 TE's. By designating Nelson as a TE they can keep a wr that might get cut otherwise...How much weight would Nelson have to add to be a TE? just wondering.

thought I'd edit on Smith..ultimately either way they designate him it would be 3 qb's and 6 wr's... just he can only count towards the 53 as 1 of them.

I like these wr's, barring any additions in the future: Stevie Johnson, Marcus Easley, David Nelson, Derek Hagan, Brad Smith, Naaman Roosevelt / Kamar Aiken

Edited by Tsaikotic

He was a late season FA pickup that looked pretty good, I thought. Glad to see him back. So while it's thought the Bills still need another WR, they have two x-factors on Hagen and Easley that could contribute at some level.

PTR

+1. Still need a proven commodity, but having some guys who have a high ceiling is nice.

And there's our WR "FA" pick-up. Draft here we come. I'm guessing OT or CB. Is it bad that Buddy has become so predictable? He basically says what he's about to do.

Buddy said what he did about FA WR because there were not any left that fit the kind of player he wants for the position, a big, fast guy who can stretch the field a little. What he said had nothing to do with us drafting a WR, and it is still very much in play. Hagan was a decent re-signing and could end up as our #5 or #6 WR.

S. Johnson

D. Hagan

M. Easley

N. Roosevelt

D. Jones

D. Nelson

D. Clowney

R. Parrish

R. Martin

------------

Those are the only sure shots... the rest all suck IMO (except healthy Parrish)

What an uninspiring list. SJ is a 1 or a 2, Nelson is a third, who knows anything about Easley. We need to grab one, this WR corp will not strike any fear in an opposing D.

He's just not Chan's guy. Not fast enough, not tall enough. They've even said that. When your moniker is "All I do is catch everything" and then you start dropping balls... well, you know what that means. The only time they bring him back is when there's an injury. I know you love the kid but he's not the complete receiver (his blocking just isnt good) they prefer.

He's just not Chan's guy. Not fast enough, not tall enough. They've even said that. When your moniker is "All I do is catch everything" and then you start dropping balls... well, you know what that means. The only time they bring him back is when there's an injury. I know you love the kid but he's not the complete receiver (his blocking just isnt good) they prefer.

Naaman dropped few balls. But I won't argue that he is worth keeping over better talent. He is a backup/STer at best. Just like him for being a local/UB kid.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot