Pats* Llooking to Lland Lloyd

judman

Ain't no such thing as a "deep threat" when your starting QB is on his ass the entire game, or staring up at the sky as the John Deere carts him off the field...

GO BILLSSS!!!!

"I expect to be undefeated...I expect to win every game." - Chan Gailey

19 and 0 baby!!!!! B-)

You can expect Ocho Cinco to get cut then. I wonder if he has anything left.

Are you saying you want him here?

Lloyd will undoubtedly make them better offensively. It makes the Williams signing even more important.

Agreed.

Let's hope that Lloyd doesn't have much left in the tank.

The Patriots could be more dangerous with a legitimate downfield threat.

Not gonna matter when the WMD give him less than 3 seconds to get rid of the ball!!!!

You beat me to it. The Pats* might be more dangerous with a legitimate downfield threat...but not to the Bills. Not with the pass rush they're about to get from that line. What I DO see, however, is a lot more pressure on the linebackers and strong safety. With that upfront push, Marcia's going to have to dump the rock quickly, and more than likely it's going to go to Welker or a tight end on one of those never-ending little bubble screens. Frankly, Marcia's not going to have time to go more than 15 yards. (Side thought - I was at Rich Stadium the day Montana's career was ended during the Chiefs game a million years ago. Just sayin'.....).

I believe the strength of the Bills D-Line is now going to ironically expose the linebacking corps. Add to this the fact that we're reading that one of the things that attracted Williams to the Bills was the fact that Wannstedt's 4-3 wasn't going to force the D-Line to drop into coverage. Okay, so who's going to drop into that coverage?

A long-ball threat on the Pats* is the least of the Bills' worries.

You beat me to it. The Pats* might be more dangerous with a legitimate downfield threat...but not to the Bills. Not with the pass rush they're about to get from that line. What I DO see, however, is a lot more pressure on the linebackers and strong safety. With that upfront push, Marcia's going to have to dump the rock quickly, and more than likely it's going to go to Welker or a tight end on one of those never-ending little bubble screens. Frankly, Marcia's not going to have time to go more than 15 yards. (Side thought - I was at Rich Stadium the day Montana's career was ended during the Chiefs game a million years ago. Just sayin'.....).

I believe the strength of the Bills D-Line is now going to ironically expose the linebacking corps. Add to this the fact that we're reading that one of the things that attracted Williams to the Bills was the fact that Wannstedt's 4-3 wasn't going to force the D-Line to drop into coverage. Okay, so who's going to drop into that coverage?

A long-ball threat on the Pats* is the least of the Bills' worries.

This is what I've been saying. The ability to pressure Brady up the middle changes everything for the Bills defense and Wanny's gameplan. Kyle Williams and Marcel Dareus can push the pocket and the Patriot are going to have to account for Mario Williams. They'll either have to use use two lineman or use an RB or TE to help. That should mean that either Welker or Gronkowski aren't free to run wild. It might also mean that 190lb Wes Welker has to repeatedly step in front of 290lb Mario Williams.

The other, and perhaps larger difference is that it should mean we don't have to bring LB's, CB's or safties to bring pressure. That means we can keep 7 players in coverage and disrupt New England's timing.

Finally, it means are LB's our free to run because they're not being forced to shed a steady diet of free roaming offensive linemen.

Everything changes.

Edited by Mike in Syracuse

I am honestly at the point whee I dont care what the pats do......we have a plan.....at least as fans we know we are following it......

The pats defense will be good with Brady no matter what.....we need to match them offensively and our defense has to be good enough to hold their points down and get them off the field.....

Brady is gonna get hit a lot by this D line

This isn't breaking news or anything unexpected. In fact, it may be the worst kept "secret" in the NFL. Lloyd and Pats* OC Josh McDaniels have a hard-on for one another due to their time together in Denver and St. Louis. It would actually be more newsworthy if he signed with somebody other than the Belicheats*.

Rich get richer this pisses me off. We need Lloyd

Lloyd doesn't make them better on defense. Honestly I have no clue why the Pats* seem to focus their drafts and free agency signings on the defensive side of the ball. Last draft they made their highest selection the 17th overall on the offensive side of the ball. They then traded away their other 1st. They had 2 second rounders one was spent on a DB the other a Running back. They also had two early 3rd rounders one of which was spent on Mallet a QB the other another Running back?

That's 6 picks in the top 75 they drafted 4 offensive players (Two of whom at Runningback), traded a pick away, and only drafted 1 defensive player? They seem so intent to stack talent around Brady and trying to get a top 10 pick via trading away a 1st rounder for one next season that they completely ignore the defensive side of the ball. Their D is terrible and yet Tom Brady needs more running backs.

PFT is now reporting it but I don't think this deal gets done. The CAA/Patriots relationship can be generously described as adversarial. As long as BL has CAA as an agent, he won't be playing in New England.

Yeah, it's that bad. I'll be genuinely surprised to see a deal reached.

PFT is now reporting it but I don't think this deal gets done. The CAA/Patriots relationship can be generously described as adversarial. As long as BL has CAA as an agent, he won't be playing in New England.

Yeah, it's that bad. I'll be genuinely surprised to see a deal reached.

What's the story there?