I still say draft Melvin Ingram at 10

Pete

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think our biggest need now is LT and CB but do like Ingram.. Based on some of the mock drafts I've seen Ingram might not even be available at 10. If he's there I would be difficult not to take him.

1331860989[/url]' post='2410335']

I think our biggest need now is LT and CB but do like Ingram.. Based on some of the mock drafts I've seen Ingram might not even be available at 10. If he's there I would be difficult not to take him.

You think we need a CB more than a WR?

I say the BPA at Wr, Lt, LB or DE. Whomever they think will make the biggest impact, hard to say who that is. I'd love to resign Bell and not have to worry about tackle til late.

It would be fun, but you have to think long term as well. It's already going to be hard enough to re-sign Dareus when his time comes. No way can we keep another top 10 DE.

There's a few big holes to fill, no reason not to do so.

I know depth is always an issue in the NFL...but why?? Why would you want to spend such a high value pick on an area that is clearly NOT a need at this point AND the DE position, in Buddy's words are not elite but very deep?? I agree we need to draft another DE, just not in the first two rounds....3rd round I'm good with, depending on the rest of FA, as the BILLS NEED a second WR and LB, and could really use another good CB....IMO

• 2 weeks later...

Big, strong USC (oops) LB that can play 4 positions and is a fluid athlete. Between him, Kuechly, Floyd, Martin and possibly Gilmore, it'll be interesting to see which way we go.

http://sportsillustr...days/index.html

Melvin Ingram continues to receive rave reviews for his display of athleticism and football ability. Ingram was worked through defensive line and linebacker drills today and, according to one source at the workout, it was an A+ performance. He was described today as being a "freakish athlete" combining quickness, balance and tremendous movement skills. During coverage drills Ingram's ability to swivel his hips and transition from moving backward to running forward was comparable to many of the defensive backs who worked out. His explosion and ability to stay on his feet while swiftly moving in every direction wowed the teams in attendance. Ingram has solidified himself as a top-10 pick, but the question is, will the playmaking defender break into the draft's first six picks?

Edited by Lothar

You never can have too many pass rushers! And Gmen wrote the book on how to beat Pats. Go Mario!

If Dave Wannstedt's defenses don't use many blitzes, and count almost entirely on a 4 man rush getting pressure - then I say you can't go wrong making sure you've got two pro-bowl caliber ends, to bookend two pro-bowl caliber tackles! After all, you've got to rest guys, rotate, and there will be injuries. To add a young guy to the mix, one who could take over the right side - it'd be worth it if he were good enough to make that difference.

And, to then throw in Mark Anderson, and maybe a healthy Merriman, and that'd be the nastiest D-line to maybe step on a football field in a long, long time. I wouldn't care that it is a position of strength. Indeed, the Giants showed the world how to beat the Patriots, and a consistent rush like the one we'd be capable of would make it tough for any team. As long as we're getting better with these picks, I don't care what position it is. But I would support a Defensive End who is relentless and plays nasty - he'd fit right in.

Tannehill. Free shot at a franchise quarterback to groom behind Fitz.

Are we trying to make the play offs this year or in 3 years to never?

You don't draft a backup player that will never see the field at #10 when you are trying to make a play off push. Not to mention fans like you will be screaming for the "back up" after Fitz's first incompletion.

NO THANKS!