I still say draft Melvin Ingram at 10

Pete

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont understand why everyone wants to stock up and be good at a position where we now have very good players AND depth.....yet ignore obvious areas of weakness......

If OT's start getting hurt we will suffer

If Corners start getting hurt we will suffer

If WR's start getting hurt we will suffer

If we go defense we probably need a starting OLB with the 10th pick unless a starter is already on our roster somewhere. We had been gearing up for the 3-4 the last couple years so I'm not sure which LB we already have is really well suited to the position not just a guy that will be ok.

Other than that I agree with what you've said. Maybe Ingram can play that spot but I would prefer someone who is projected to be a OLB in the draft that is worth it at #10 not just a talented 4-3 DE that "might" be able to make the switch. If Ingram TRULY is that guy I would be ok with the pick.

Edited by PDaDdy

I honestly didn't know that he had been rated to be a LB. If so, I'm warming to the idea. Maybe we put him on the outside with Barnett. Between him, sheppard, Barnett, Merriman, M. Williams, K. Williams, Dareus, Anderson, Kelsey and Carrington...with all those people rotating we could have an incredible front 7.