I still say draft Melvin Ingram at 10

Pete

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The guy is a freak, plain and simple, would I LOVE for us to take him, yes, sadly I dont think he will be available, and I doubt we would take him if he were there. Given alshons proday today, I fear we may have to face both jeffrey and ingram twice a year, with mia taking ingram, and the jets taking jeffrey at 16.

1332974247[/url]' post='2424672']

Are we trying to make the play offs this year or in 3 years to never?

You don't draft a backup player that will never see the field at #10 when you are trying to make a play off push. Not to mention fans like you will be screaming for the "back up" after Fitz's first incompletion.

NO THANKS!

Well, that's debatable. Yes, we are trying to make a playoff push, but every team that doesn't already have a qb they can call a star is trying to get themselves a star. If chix thinks Tannehill can be that guy, select him no questions asked. If chix thinks fitz is that star, then you pass. It's pretty simple IMO. The playoffs are going to be more easily attainable for the franchise if the franchise has a star qb.

Maybe this is just me, but personally I would love it if the Bills traded down to get 2 late first round picks...ok I know they would never do it, but for example New England's two late first round (27, 31) picks. The points work out and New England has needs for a dominating defensive player, either at CB or somewhere along the DL. They could grab Poe or Ingram or anyone there. Now the Bills could get two very good quality players at positions of need... You can maybe grab Donta Hightower and Stephen Hill (personally I love this guy's height and speed and Chan connections and on and on). Anyway I wouldn't mind staying put and grabbing Ingram at 10 but I think we can do better to move down, not that New England would. But at #10 I would take Ingram or Floyd, maybe even Kuechly.

Actually we beat the Pats this year too, and damn near beat the Giants.

We aren't that far away, but our defensive investment in both draft picks and money is very heavy compared to offense. Nix will go with his BPA on the board (minus running backs) and go for an instant starter.

That means OT, WR or CB in this year's top 10.

Tannehill. Free shot at a franchise quarterback to groom behind Fitz.

Free shot? When was suffering thru another losing season and using the resulting 10th overall pick considered a "free shot?" And I'd hardly call Tanneyhill a franchsie QB prospect. :wallbash:

BPA at every position of the draft, regardless of position played, regardless of need. This is how you build depth, this is how you build a champion.

I've asked this question previously...If RB Trent Richardson is the BPA on the Bills draft board when it is their turn to select, you are okay with the Bills taking him at #10?

I've asked this question previously...If RB Trent Richardson is the BPA on the Bills draft board when it is their turn to select, you are okay with the Bills taking him at #10?

I know most of Bills Nation would jump off their roofs. However, with Freddy being 31 this season, I would be able to accept it, especially since we have 10 pick and 5 in the top-200. We could potentially grab Richardson, and still get LB,WR,OT,CB that can start.

Wouldnt love it, but I could live with it. At this point, I fully trust Nix and Whaley in what they are doing.

I know most of Bills Nation would jump off their roofs. However, with Freddy being 31 this season, I would be able to accept it, especially since we have 10 pick and 5 in the top-200. We could potentially grab Richardson, and still get LB,WR,OT,CB that can start.

Wouldnt love it, but I could live with it. At this point, I fully trust Nix and Whaley in what they are doing.

Yep I've actually come around to this as well. There isn't a position I would be mad that they drafted. I certainly have preferences but if an elite prospect is staring you in the face you almost have to take him regardless...

And save the Decastro pleas. OGs are not top prospects imo

Mercilus, Dareus, Williamsus.

That would be great right? We'll call the defense Spartans. We'll have Merrimus coming back from injury. Dareus and Kylius manning the nose tackle. Marius coming off the edge. Aarous and Terreus at cornerback. Georidus and Jairus at safety. Nicksumus and Kelvimus at linebacker. If we add Mercilus and Ingramus in the draft I'd be happy.

Yep I've actually come around to this as well. There isn't a position I would be mad that they drafted. I certainly have preferences but if an elite prospect is staring you in the face you almost have to take him regardless...

And save the Decastro pleas. OGs are not top prospects imo

I'd even be fine with DeCastro at this point. We took Jim Ritcher at 16, Ruben Brown at 14, so 10 wouldnt be too far of a stretch.

The only thing I DONT want is the 3rd or 4th QB at 10. Outside of QB, Im trusting in Nix and Whaley at 10.

Mercilus, Dareus, Williamsus.

Hadrians Wall

That would be great right? We'll call the defense Spartans. We'll have Merrimus coming back from injury. Dareus and Kylius manning the nose tackle. Marius coming off the edge. Aarous and Terreus at cornerback. Georidus and Jairus at safety. Nicksumus and Kelvimus at linebacker. If we add Mercilus and Ingramus in the draft I'd be happy.

These are Roman names not Greek. Sparta is in Greece. Spartacus was a Roman slave, if that is why you were calling them Spartans.

The Spartans, the greatest military enclaves of ancient times, trained their soldiers to have sex with each other promoting closeness in the ranks. The saying an army travels on its stomach is well known. But Spartan and Greek armies traveled on the behinds of little boys.