WTH are the Dolphins thinking?

Funny you brought this up. Just got up and turned on NFL Network. They were running a block on how dysfunctional the Fins have been. Hilarious. They talked about how they couldn't get a coach to go to them (ie, they went after Harbough). Then they said Peyton Manning turned them down.

Then they said there were two teams that went after Drew Brees when he was a FA a few years ago. Miami did not lose out on Brees, they decided that Dante Culpepper was the BETTER choice.

Then, just when you think it couldn't get worse, they flash to the draft pick a couple years back......."And with the 9th pick in the NFL draft the Miami Dolphins pick......Ted Ginn Jr. OMG! You should have seen the reaction by the fins fans in the building......But then they show the front row....and Brady Quinn is just GLARING at the owner. Evil Eyes....Really. Ted Ginn over me! There was steam coming out of his ears!!

Well guess what? The Dolphins maybe going after Quinn after all. Can you say definition of dysfunctional?? :nana:

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, I'm kind of bummed out about the fish, becasue back in the day the Bills-Fish rivalry was one of the best in the league. Regular season games between the two were like playoff games. A good rivalry is good for the teams and the division. The AFC East really doesn't have a top notch rivalry right now. I'm actually hoping the Bills-Fish rivalry comes back, but right now it looks more empty seats in Miami.

Funny you brought this up. Just got up and turned on NFL Network. They were running a block on how dysfunctional the Fins have been. Hilarious. They talked about how they couldn't get a coach to go to them (ie, they went after Harbough). Then they said Peyton Manning turned them down.

Then they said there were two teams that went after Drew Brees when he was a FA a few years ago. Miami did not lose out on Brees, they decided that Dante Culpepper was the BETTER choice.

Then, just when you think it couldn't get worse, they flash to the draft pick a couple years back......."And with the 9th pick in the NFL draft the Miami Dolphins pick......Ted Ginn Jr. OMG! You should have seen the reaction by the fins fans in the building......But then they show the front row....and Brady Quinn is just GLARING at the owner. Evil Eyes....Really. Ted Ginn over me! There was steam coming out of his ears!!

Well guess what? The Dolphins maybe going after Quinn after all. Can you say definition of dysfunctional?? :nana:

I'm sorry, but you're completely wrong. Miami is a warm weather city where there is lots to do. Obviously they can sign any player they want to sign since every player wants to go there. There's no way anyone would ever choose to come to Buffalo when they could go to Miami.

Miami is a funny team. Even when Marino played, they could never find a quality running game to make them multi-dimensional. Therefore, besides the one against the 'Skins, they never made it back to a Super Bowl.

Over the past decade, I think that it could be argued that the Dolphins have been closer to being a solid team that the Bills. But just like the Marino era, they have pieces that look like they are establishing something, then flush it all away by not building upon it.

They were a beast with Ricky Williams pounding the ball. But they never solved the QB situation. They've had excellent WRs, but something is always missing.

What makes me delight in their difficulties is how arrogant they are. Last game where the 'Fins DB's were head-hunting our WR's, and the officials did nothing...reminds me of the Gregg Williams stuff of trying to knock players out of the game.

I'll be happy to see them fall apart.

I for one are Glad that Manning told the Dolphins no... that helps us more than anybody else.

They have a new coach, Lost Marshall . But if you think about it they beat us 2 times last yr.

But can Matt Moore win them the division?? . Dont think so. It gonna be different offense with Marshall. Teams can take away Reggie Bush, now their only big playmaker.

Looks like a tough two wins. If we can split with the Pats like we did last yr and split the Jets I think we have a good shot at winning the division.

I really think Flynn signs with the Dolphins solely because of Philbin, and I fret that he may be the best Phins QB in a long time. That is total speculation of course, but I think Flynn knows he has to best chance of succeeding in an offense he knows with a coach who loves him, and if the Phins push hard for him, it tells me that Philbin loves him after watching him every day for a few years. If he signs with the Phins, I predict he's pretty good. If he signs with the Seahwaks or anyone else, I think it's a much greater chance he flames out. He looks very good to me, and always has. This is not a Rob Johnson situation.

If he signs with the Fins, who will he throw the ball to? Davon Bess? The two games in which he played, Flynn enjoyed all of those GB receiving weapons. In the six-TD game, Nelson, Finley and Driver (who can still bring it in certain situations) caught five of those. I'm just not sold on Flynn. I wasn't sold on Kolb. (At least the Cards have Fitzgerald). Two final thoughts:

1. My dream scenario (because I hate the Fins with a passion) would be for Flynn to sign with Seattle. I can easily see the Fins reaching for Tannehill at #8 because by that point they'll be insanely desperate. Heck, they might even have to trade up to get him.
  2. If the Fins land Flynn, I think we can bank on them taking Floyd at #8. Floyd isn't necessarily my favorite pick for us at #10, but I think he will be a talented receiver who I do not want to play against twice a year.

SD

The new coaches seem to have a plan to me: Rebuild.

They jettisoned a problematic, selfish player...I think they could have gotten more for him, but then the whole thing about him hitting some woman or whatever came out so they really did probably get about fair value for him.

It's the same thing we see on this forum...people think you can just magically pull players out of thin air or that simply because a guy is available that he should be signed.

They're having a dreadful off season and look very bad as an organization. They really weren't that far off but now after unexpectedly losing their top play maker on offense, making a half assed attempt at manning and letting Flynn get away, they're officially in rebuild mode. Lol and where is that team going with Alex smith?

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Like I said, they are looking so much like the 2010 BB"s

Then,

Appearing on Sports Center Friday, ESPN's Adam Schefter reported the Dolphins have "emerged as the favorites" to sign free agent QB Matt Flynn.

"I think the Dolphins are the team to beat," added Schefter. The Dolphins are expected to be the highest bidder, though Yahoo's Jason Cole reports the team is currently "low-balling" Flynn, believing he'll give in just to reunite with coach Joe Philbin. It's hardly a shocking report considering the shenanigans of the Dolphins front office the past couple of years.

http://www.rotoworld...4949/matt-flynn

This GM is a complete and utter moron, how this owner was fooled into retaining him is beyond me. Ireland is taking it to Matt Millen levels :lol: I'm hoping Flynn gets pissed at Miami because of Ireland and signs with Seattle

Profootballtalk is reporting Matt Flynn just signed with the Seahawks........

Wish granted!!

Bwahahahahahaha....

Flynn signs with Seattle

http://www.nfl.com/n...HP11_hot_topics

Now if only the Brownies grab Tannehill :D

This news of Flynn just makes my day, the hapless phins lose out again due to the HMIC

To top off that news,

Steelers safety Clark says 'no one' wants to play for Dolphins,

http://www.nfl.com/n..._headline_stack

PS. there is more. now we should hope Peyton Manning chooses Tennessee otherwise Tebow could end up in Miami.

Edited by Fear the Beard

If there was anything that could make me forget today was Monday...this was it! Thanks Kelly for the great laugh.

And apparently Alex Smith views Miami as a team of last resort.

Best comment (thanks Ross!):

I was listening to Ross Tucker this morning on the Sirius NFL channel. The entire morning conversation was about how horrible the Dolphins situation is and how inept they are. This is what we have been reduced to, a laughingstock.

Posted by: JJ | March 19, 2012 at 07:54 AM

:beer::thumbsup::lol::worthy:

Edited by BRH

Wow, it just gets better and better for the Dolphins...NFL network is now making fun of them

It seems the Dolphins are having problems getting fans into seats and even drawing interest in games.So, their big QB acquisition so far is they sign QB David Garrard. :lol:

Ha, I was worried the Dolphins would go after Tim Tebow but it appears I forgot just how much of a moron Phins GM Jeff Ireland is. He doesn't want Tebow ??

http://profootballta...d-in-tim-tebow/

The dolphin fans must be going out of their minds at this, its just too funny. The one human on the face of the earth that the entire state of Florida cherishes and loves, and would all relish a chance at seeing their beloved baby Jesus play for them, and Ireland doesn't want him.

Jeff Ireland is such a moron that calling him a moron is insulting the word moron itself. Hope the Dolphins give him a 10 year extension. :D

I don't know WTH they are thinking. But it appears everything they've done this offseason has crashed and burned.

Thought it was a new era with the OC from GB. But they get rid of their best offensive weapon. They get rid of their best tackler. No Jeff Fisher. No Brady, no Flynn, no Smith. Now no Tebow.

I can almost taste the Dolphin tears.

Edited by JustinAtlanta

I really thought that Flynn signing with the Seahawks likely meant that Philbin just didn't like him that much, so he likely wasn't going to be good. But now I think Flynn just ran for the hills, worried the team around him and the management and ownership was such a clusterfukk than even though he loved the coach he would never succeed.

As much as I hate the Fins, I feel bad for their fans. They were being smothered with rumors of Peyton Manning,Matt Flynn, and RG3, only to be stuck with Garrard and Moore. The Bills don't exactly have a world-beater in Fitzpatrick, but they've been let down alot from that regime. I'd be pissed too.

That said - :nana:

As much as I hate the Fins, I feel bad for their fans. They were being smothered with rumors of Peyton Manning,Matt Flynn, and RG3, only to be stuck with Garrard and Moore. The Bills don't exactly have a world-beater in Fitzpatrick, but they've been let down alot from that regime. I'd be pissed too.

Really? I despise their fans, as well as Patriots and Jets fans. They all deserve every bit of misery they dredge up

Really? I despise their fans, as well as Patriots and Jets fans. They all deserve every bit of misery they dredge up

Exactly !!

For me, the Dolphins represent an entire decade of losing. The Bills never once beat Miami the entire decade of the 70's. Even Jim Kelly & Co keeping Marino from the SB didn't quell my disdain.

Lets not forget they are the ONLY undefeated team ever in the history of the NFL, and all those 70's players crack open champagne when the last team falls every year.

Take a guess which team came closest to beating the 72 Dolphins that year

Couldn't have happened to a better team, besides the Jets and Pats of course

As for what are they thinking? Probably "Its hard to win in the NFL"

And we thought the Bills were a disfunctional franchise, Miami couldn't even get the 2nd most coveted QB available this offseason to sign with them after the brought in his former co-ordinator to be the Head Coach. Then, Alex Smith passes them over to go back to the team that was actively looking to replace him with Manning after sayign they weren't interested in Manning, and saying that Smith was their guy.

Feel bad for their fans? Dude they swept us last year.. badly..

Dolphins fans protest offseason, GM

Pittsburgh Steelers safety Ryan Clark piled on. Once courted by Ireland as a free agent, Clark took a veiled shot at the GM on Twitter, saying no one wants to play for Miami.

"I almost went there but it was (an) easy decision not to. Not a good guy making decisions," Clark tweeted over the weekend.

This offseason is almost surreal...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7714817/miami-dolphins-jeff-ireland-asks-patience-fans-protest-offseason

Owner Stephen Ross stressed that the top offseason priority was to upgrade at quarterback, and two weeks ago the Dolphins were considered the favorites to sign Peyton Manning. They finished fourth among four finalists.

The Dolphins were then regarded as the front-runners for Green Bay Packers backup Matt Flynn, but after visiting Miami, he opted for the Seattle Seahawks. Ireland then brought in Alex Smith for a visit, and when it appeared he would instead remain with the San Francisco 49ers, Miami signed David Garrard, who didn't play anywhere in 2011.

While some fans took to the street, the discontent also went viral.

"Jeff Ireland, you are the reason I am never happy," comedian and Dolphins fan Daniel Tosh tweeted Monday.

A rogue edit to Ireland's Wikipedia entry, quickly removed, described him as "the most incompetent human being in the history of existence."

Pittsburgh Steelers safety Ryan Clark piled on. Once courted by Ireland as a free agent, Clark took a veiled shot at the GM on Twitter, saying no one wants to play for Miami.

"I almost went there but it was (an) easy decision not to. Not a good guy making decisions," Clark tweeted over the weekend.

There's speculation Ireland's reputation hurts him in free-agent negotiations. Some players remember the GM's inappropriate questioning during a predraft interview in 2010, when he asked receiver Dez Bryant whether his mother was ever a prostitute.

I'm lovin it

The nfl.com article was funny.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d827bbcb1/article/angry-mob-of-dolphins-fans-stage-organized-protest?module=HP11_headline_stack

The South Florida Sun Sentinel reported that about 30 people, "including four men with paper bags over their heads and another one clutching a Dan Marino doll" were outside the team facility in Davie, Fla., in a protest that began around noon.

CORRECTED

"We have the most passionate fans in football, all 30 of them, and they are not shy about letting their sentiments be known," Dolphins spokesman Harvey Greene said. "We understand, and we are working hard on giving them something to cheer about this season."

Edited by ACor58

Remember the mass hysteria around here when the Fish went from worst to first in 2008?

I used to like the Ravens. Then came that fluke play in OT that ruined MY perfect O-fer season.

In the last 12 months the Dolphins have been spurned by Jim Harbaugh, Jeff Fisher, and Peyton Manning.

And Flynn. That one was the most telling to me.

This whole FA period has been SURREAL. Suddenly Buffalo is "where the cool guys are" and Miami's weather isn't that beautiful anymore.

I'm loving it.

A rogue edit to Ireland's Wikipedia entry, quickly removed, described him as "the most incompetent human being in the history of existence."

Gotta wonder if that rogue editor ever heard of a guy named Rich Kotite.

South Beach by no means has a monopoly on AFC East dysfunction.

After a crash and burn season which featured a "toxic" locker room including a very public pissing match between the QB and the number one receiver, the Jets then entered the Peyton Manning derby.

When Manning wasn't interested they gave Mark Sanchez a "kiss and make up" contract.

The ink hasn't even dried on that contractual "commitment" to Sanchez, and now the Jets trade for Tim Tebow.

You can't make this stuff up.

South Beach by no means has a monopoly on AFC East dysfunction.

After a crash and burn season which featured a "toxic" locker room including a very public pissing match between the QB and the number one receiver, the Jets then entered the Peyton Manning derby.

When Manning wasn't interested they gave Mark Sanchez a "kiss and make up" contract.

The ink hasn't even dried on that contractual "commitment" to Sanchez, and now the Jets trade for Tim Tebow.

You can't make this stuff up.

great, ain't it?