Buffalo has talked to Mario Manningham- Per shefter

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing exceptional about Manningham is who it was throwing him the ball. I live deep in Giants country and I doubt that I've missed a game. His drops are epic in their own right. As for the rend in going bigger at receiver he would be a step backwards.

Why doesn't anyone want to become a part of the Browns organization unless they're out of options or unless the Browns desperately overpay for them?

Is Manningham right about the weather? Sure, it gets cold along the lakefront here in the winter, but New England, Green Bay, Denver, Buffalo, Pittsburgh and Philadelphia, among others, aren't exactly Bahamian islands, either. I don't hear many players dismissing those franchises as places they'd like to avoid. There has to be more to it than that.

I have to say that I really liked this guy since he played in college. I always thought he played much "bigger" than his actual size. That being said, I am not sure he is what the FO is looking for (speed to put across from SJ), but I have not looked at his 40 times recently. The one thing I will say is that the despite his size and other measurables, the guy knows how to make plays.

My friend is a long time Giants fan in NY who knows his football (much better than me) and certainly knows the Giants roster. When I asked him about Manningham he said "He seems to make the difficult catches but not nearly consistent and I don’t think he's a number one go to receiver…but with stevie johnson he could be a nice complement." Another guy, a Rams fanatic ( he has suffered like us in recent years) who also really knows his stuff said "Manningham is a perfect fit for them (meaning the Bills). Offer him the same deal that Johnson got." So some knowledgeable fans seem to think he'd be a nice complement to Stevie anyway.

For myself, I always like Manningham when at Mich. Is and always was a playmaker. I think he would upgrade our receiving corps on the outside. I can also see why Meachem was their first choice amongst FAs. Glad at least they are not doing anything stupid like signing someone like Robinson to a big contract.

Matt Maiocco@MaioccoCSN Free-agent WR Mario Manningham (Giants) is in the building, meeting with 49ers coaches and team officials.

I have mixed emmotions about him.

If he get's $5-6mil then i say good for him. Not sure he is worth that money. And really not sure HE is worth that money in Chan's Offense.

If he signs for like $4mil, then i wonder why Bills didn't grab him.