• Kamar Aiken
    • David Clowney
    • Draft - Juron Criner
    • Draft - Stephen Hill
    • Draft - Marvin McNutt
    • Sign - Chaz Schilens
    • Draft - Alshon Jeffery
    • Bring back Lee Evans give him #83 as well

To me the idea of DEPENDING on a guy like Easley is what kept the bills in their 12 year hole. I don't mind letting him compete for the roster and then playing time, but relying on unknowns is not what good teams do. Take the steelers they don't get rid of guys until they see their backups perform.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To me the idea of DEPENDING on a guy like Easley is what kept the bills in their 12 year hole. I don't mind letting him compete for the roster and then playing time, but relying on unknowns is not what good teams do. Take the steelers they don't get rid of guys until they see their backups perform.

Couldn't agree more.

It's alright to hope that Easley ascends but you shouldn't count on it.

The Bills know this and took the right approach by making a play in free agency.

But now unfortunately the WR market is drying up.

I think the Bills should sign Manningham, although I would be fine with Doucet too.

I don't think the Bills can afford to draft a WR with their first pick in the draft.

However, in the second round, I think there is a good chance that Alshon Jeffery will still be available and he could be a great pick-up.

I think the Bills should sign Manningham, although I would be fine with Doucet too.

I don't think the Bills can afford to draft a WR with their first pick in the draft.

However, in the second round, I think there is a good chance that Alshon Jeffery will still be available and he could be a great pick-up.

I really had my hopes on Laurent Robinson and hoped that the moment Meachem rebuked us that we would call Robinson's agent and make him the same offer.

I know that Buffalo is not every free agent's dream destination but Robinson signed with Jacksonville for God's sake… seems like we could have poached him had we tried.

As far as the remains, they're all flawed at this point.

I've never been high on Manningham… he doesn't fit the profile (except for his age) and I'm not sure he has it upstairs.

I know of Doucet but haven't watched his career but there's a lot of testimony that he's a mixed bag also… though I saw him as an ascending young player.

Brandon Lloyd is 30 which isn't terribly old… he's had an up and down career but has had some big flashes. I know there was a lot of speculation that he would rejoin McDaniels in New England but he's still out there.

If I were the Bills GM, I'd probably pursue Lloyd, then Doucet, then Manningham.

Also it appears that Santana Moss will be released by the Redskins at some point soon but again he's a small, older receiver but also a productive and talented player.

Where's Alshon Jeffery? Him and Stephen Hill are the rookies I like the most. Both fairly high risk, but with tremendous upside potential. If Jeffery runs poorly at his pro day on March 28th, it wouldn't be a surprise to see him available at the Bills 2nd-round pick. Hill has blown away everyone with his workouts to an extent that I think he probably goes in the first round now. That's a heck of a high pick to use on a guy who caught under 30 passes.

seriously?? with all those scrubs you added to the list you didnt put Lee?

whatever, anyway, aside from evans I think doucet is a josh reed clone. I would love loyd, he can make spectacular catches. Other than that id take manningham, that way we could have two decent starters even though both are second fiddles to cruz and nicks

The Bills really dropped the ball (bad pun intended) by not signing a quality, experienced WR to pair with Stevie. Now the best we can do is overpay for Manningham if we're lucky (I think Lloyd is off to the Pats to be reunited with McDaniels). Now vwe've been reduced to signing scrubs or taking a risk on a Braylon Edwards or, I know this might sound crazy, you sign Jerome Simpson to an incentive laden contract with protection built in for the Bills and wait for him to serve his minimum of at least a 4 game suspension (and his 60 days in jail). He's got more talent than what's left and doesn't everyone deserves a 2nd chance (this is sad, huh?).

I think Easley should be given a chance to do something , i realize that he has had health issues but the Bills have sat back & paid him all this time to get things figured out .

I just hope that if he turns out to be the player that they though he would be that he remembers that when it comes time to re-up on a new contract . Mcgahee didn't remember who made him a first round pick & let him sit & rehab the entire first year , Peters didn't remember who turned him into the pro bowl LT that he was when he was holding out ..

It just seems that there is no respect for the Bills once they help players to get where they are & i hope Easley isn't cut from that same cloth 0:) !!