What about Demetrius Bell?

I'm not hellbent on anything. Just merely pointing out something I find fascinating about your inconsistent posting history. It's just funny that when you question someone's ability on the Bills roster it's okay. But when someone else does so it's "biatching" and you think they should shut their trap and just support the players we have. I'm sure the other posters who you called out for not being "haters" also find this hypocrisy interesting.

As for Bell, I don't care if he stays or not. I've been on record as saying that the Bills have serious talent and depth problems all along their offensive line. Bell included. But then again, I'm of the mind that it's okay for fans to question the players on their favorite team's roster. You're the one who thinks that's sacrilege.

Then again, based on your comments in this thread, apparently you don't even believe the drivel you've been spouting for the past few weeks.

Maybe there's hope for you yet.

:thumbsup:

At this point I'm pretty sure you're just trolling to try to get a rise out of me but I'll give it one more shot.

You still don't get it. Believe what you will. The only thing funny is a serious lack of reading comprehension. The differences between my discussions of Bell and Fitz SHOULD be painfully obvious. I'm not the one that keeps trying to drag Fitz into THIS conversation about Bell. Your characterization of me as a "support the whole team or don't be a fan" type person is childish, polarizing and woefully inaccurate. Rookie tactic.

If you think I advocate blindly supporting any and all players on this board you really need to go back and take a look at what I have said not the little incomplete sound bites in your head that lead you to believe I am being inconsistent. You either understand or you don't. Believe what you want in your head just don't spread those lies and inaccuracies. It just makes you look bad.

Edited by PDaDdy

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At this point I'm pretty sure you're just trolling to try to get a rise out of me but I'll give it one more shot.

You still don't get it. Believe what you will. The only thing funny is a serious lack of reading comprehension. The differences between my discussions of Bell and Fitz SHOULD be painfully obvious. I'm not the one that keeps trying to drag Fitz into THIS conversation about Bell. Your characterization of me as a "support the whole team or don't be a fan" type person is childish, polarizing and woefully inaccurate. Rookie tactic.

If you think I advocate blindly supporting any and all players on this board you really need to go back and take a look at what I have said not the little incomplete sound bites in your head that lead you to believe I am being inconsistent. You either understand or you don't. Believe what you want in your head just don't spread those lies and inaccuracies. It just makes you look bad.

I only re-posted your own words ...

PostPDaDdy, on 08 March 2012 - 06:22 PM, said:

I know the haters love to attempt to judge Fitz in a vacuum and blame him for all the ills of the world but it is foolish to ignore all of the real world factors that made this a 6 - 10 TEAM!!! Let me know when Aaron Rogers, Drew Brees or Tom Brady become available and then we can talk. Until then try actually supporting your team and it's QB instead of bemoaning the fact that he isn't one of the best ever.

It's like your girlfriend whining because you proposed with a 1 carat diamond ring not a 2 carat diamond ring. Those types of QBs are RARE. Accept what we have and try supporting them to make them the best they can be instead of biatching.

Words you've decided to ignore when discussing other players on the Bills' roster other than Fitzpatrick. You've even used those words to disparage other fans who had the audacity to suggest Fitz isn't the answer for the Bills by calling those fans "haters" -- implying (if not outright stating) that the fans who don't blindly accept Fitz as the answer are in fact not really fans of the Bills at all.

And yet today you made it abundantly clear that you have no interest in blindly supporting the players on the Bills roster. Instead you've chimed in on two threads where you bring up similar questions about Bell and Fred Jackson (the best player on the Bills roster ... by a mile) that your so-called "Fitz Haters" posed about Ryan.

You can try to run from your own words or pretend that what I'm saying is in some way inaccurate, but again, all I did was post your own words. So it's either you weren't being honest in previous posts, or you are just looking to make hardline stances that you yourself don't even believe in.

By the way, that's the definition of a troll.

So which is it?

I only re-posted your own words ...

Words you've decided to ignore when discussing other players on the Bills' roster other than Fitzpatrick. You've even used those words to disparage other fans who had the audacity to suggest Fitz isn't the answer for the Bills by calling those fans "haters" -- implying (if not outright stating) that the fans who don't blindly accept Fitz as the answer are in fact not really fans of the Bills at all.

And yet today you made it abundantly clear that you have no interest in blindly supporting the players on the Bills roster. Instead you've chimed in on two threads where you bring up similar questions about Bell and Fred Jackson (the best player on the Bills roster ... by a mile) that your so-called "Fitz Haters" posed about Ryan.

You can try to run from your own words or pretend that what I'm saying is in some way inaccurate, but again, all I did was post your own words. So it's either you weren't being honest in previous posts, or you are just looking to make hardline stances that you yourself don't even believe in.

By the way, that's the definition of a troll.

So which is it?

Dude seriously. Your kidding right? Read the paragraph not your little sound bites as I already told you. This team is committed to Fitz for at least a few years. Try supporting him. Bell has barely played 50% of the games the last 2 years and we have shown nothing as far as committing to him. The hole point of this thread, not that you have addressed it other than continuing with your vendetta to try to expose hypocrisy is, "What about Bell"?

"What about Bell?" He can't stay healthy. He hasn't shown enough long enough and we haven't committed to him. If we retain Bell and he is our starter I will support him and cheer on game day not whine, moan and boo like people do with Fitz. Speak to that if you dare. Oh, wait. I forgot your goal was never to address the thread topic but to go after forum members.

Can you see the difference? Of course not.

TROLL ON!!!....TROLL ON!!!

Edited by PDaDdy

Yes, Bell has an injury history. Yes, Bell was played prior to being ready. But what Bell showed when he was healthy last year is that he's become good, real good. I find it typical that we spend, what is it 4-5 years developing this guy and then once he's ready let him walk.

Yes, Bell has an injury history. Yes, Bell was played prior to being ready. But what Bell showed when he was healthy last year is that he's become good, real good. I find it typical that we spend, what is it 4-5 years developing this guy and then once he's ready let him walk.

I don't think he is quite good enough that a 1st round LT couldn't relegate him to the bench. Is he serviceable? SURE. Some guys just can't shake injuries and it has ruined many a career. Bell has shown a propensity for getting injured. If he can't stay on the field he can't help. If he played every game or pretty much every game I would probably be cheering for the guy not calling for a reliable replacement.

I honestly can not buy into the statement that he is REAL GOOD because I always see him getting TE or chip block help from the RB. His body of work is way way way to small to say that he is "real good".

Edited by PDaDdy

Chris Brown was just on WGR and said The Bills have made an offer to Bell and have not heard back from him yet...They're assuming he wants to see what kind of offers are out there in Free Agency...I'm interested to see myself...I'd rather see him back, but I fully expect if he is back he'll get hurt in the 2nd or 3rd Game...so... B-)

Chris Brown was just on WGR and said The Bills have made an offer to Bell and have not heard back from him yet...They're assuming he wants to see what kind of offers are out there in Free Agency...I'm interested to see myself...I'd rather see him back, but I fully expect if he is back he'll get hurt in the 2nd or 3rd Game...so... B-)

"That fat out of shape greedy bastard who can't stay healthy!!!!" LOL. Insert [Jason Peters Insult Here]

"That fat out of shape greedy bastard who can't stay healthy!!!!" LOL. Insert [Jason Peters Insult Here]

Right...I was more referring to the fact that it's The Bills, and he will probably continue to get hurt if he stays...If he goes he'll be a Pro Bowler for sure! :lol:

No...not quite...to be as big an ass hole as FatBoy Peters, Bell would have to have signed the Bills offer, accepted the huge raise - and then refuse to report to camp until they renegotiate it! :w00t:

You can't casually dismiss the injury history part. He's missed over a season's worth of games the past 3 years. And it was only just last year he started playing well. It's not a matter of letting these guys go after developing (the Bills re-signed Stevie, didn't they?); it's a matter of spending money wisely.

No...not quite...to be as big an ass hole as FatBoy Peters, Bell would have to have signed the Bills offer, accepted the huge raise - and then refuse to report to camp until they renegotiate it! :w00t:

Eh..people usually like to get a pay raise when they get a promotion like from RT to perennial probowler LT say. I can't blame the guy for wanting a pay raise. I would have done the same. But then again I have balls and expect to be paid what I am worth at my job. Some people are afraid of doing so and get stuck in positions like "acting" manager for 2 years while waiting for their employer to make it official and give them a salary commensurate with the position.

I'm not hellbent on anything. Just merely pointing out something I find fascinating about your inconsistent posting history. It's just funny that when you question someone's ability on the Bills roster it's okay. But when someone else does so it's "biatching" and you think they should shut their trap and just support the players we have. I'm sure the other posters who you called out for not being "haters" also find this hypocrisy interesting.

As for Bell, I don't care if he stays or not. I've been on record as saying that the Bills have serious talent and depth problems all along their offensive line. Bell included. But then again, I'm of the mind that it's okay for fans to question the players on their favorite team's roster. You're the one who thinks that's sacrilege.

Then again, based on your comments in this thread, apparently you don't even believe the drivel you've been spouting for the past few weeks.

Maybe there's hope for you yet.

:thumbsup:

Pssst hiiisss, Sounds like a cat fight to me.Maybe this will help:

:beer::beer::beer:

The reports on him coming out of college was, he is a great athlete, very mobile and good footwork for a guy his size. Downside was and still is his strength. This is important to remember. Some injuries are just bad luck. Others though are a result of a guy not being strong enough to with stand the beating an NFL player takes. If the Bills did not make Bell a priority, then they have reservations about him. Or could also be that Buddy thinks the money is better spent if FA on other areas. Buddy may think at pick #10 in the draft he gets his true LT for the next 8-10 years for the team.

After resigning Stevie and Chandler, Buddy has proven he wants to keep talent. And with the type of contracts they signed he also showed he knows how to negotiate. IMHO

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

The reports on him coming out of college was, he is a great athlete, very mobile and good footwork for a guy his size. Downside was and still is his strength. This is important to remember. Some injuries are just bad luck. Others though are a result of a guy not being strong enough to with stand the beating an NFL player takes. If the Bills did not make Bell a priority, then they have reservations about him. Or could also be that Buddy thinks the money is better spent if FA on other areas. Buddy may think at pick #10 in the draft he gets his true LT for the next 8-10 years for the team.

After resigning Stevie and Chandler, Buddy has proven he wants to keep talent. And with the type of contracts they signed he also showed he knows how to negotiate. IMHO

Agreed.

Which would actually would explain the shoulder injuries (lack of strength, trying so hard he injuries himself).

Anyway, i'm just being worried about LT becoming a hole again when it finally started to brighter (injury aside). Guess you guys are right.

Dude seriously. Your kidding right? Read the paragraph not your little sound bites as I already told you. This team is committed to Fitz for at least a few years. Try supporting him. Bell has barely played 50% of the games the last 2 years and we have shown nothing as far as committing to him. The hole point of this thread, not that you have addressed it other than continuing with your vendetta to try to expose hypocrisy is, "What about Bell"?

"What about Bell?" He can't stay healthy. He hasn't shown enough long enough and we haven't committed to him. If we retain Bell and he is our starter I will support him and cheer on game day not whine, moan and boo like people do with Fitz. Speak to that if you dare. Oh, wait. I forgot your goal was never to address the thread topic but to go after forum members.

Can you see the difference? Of course not.

TROLL ON!!!....TROLL ON!!!

I did speak to Bell in my post and am always willing to engage in honest and thoughtful conversations with folks who do the same -- regardless of whether or not their opinions differ from mine. Yet you continue to try to play both sides of the fence and I'm just trying to figure out why.

You say "if we retain Bell and he is our starter I will support him and cheer on game day and not whine, moan and boo like people do with Fitz" ... yet at this moment, Bell is on the Bills roster AND the starting LT. Still, you are doing exactly what you have repeatedly bashed other posters for doing with Fitz.

But that's not all.

In two other threads you've also chimed in on Fred Jackson, stating that he's too old to rely on and how last year was essentially a blip on the radar. Not only is this wrong (Jackson has been the Bills best offensive player for the past few seasons and last year was one of the best in the LEAGUE before getting hurt), but Fred Jackson is STILL under contract and the starting RB on the roster ... yet you're not supporting him in accordance to your own rules.

So, again, it's either that you have an unbelievable man-crush on Fitz that blinds you from rationally being able to discuss his abilities, or you're not being honest about what you consider to be valid criticism and what you consider to be "haterism".

Which is it? It's a fair question that you've continued to duck.

In response to Bell (again), I think the Bills need to upgrade every position on the offensive line outside of Wood and Levitre. At the very least, the Bills need to address the lack of depth along the line. I have no problem with the Bills retaining Bell as he's shown flashes of brilliance when he's healthy -- so long as they don't overpay for him.

Sign Bell, sign Carl Nicks....and forget about oline the next 5 years. Bell-Levitre-Woods-Nicks-Hairston with Urbik and Rhinehart providing depth

You would need to re-sign Wood and Levitre in the next year or so. Nicks is going to get $6M-$8M per year. Lot of money in that O=Line.

I did speak to Bell in my post and am always willing to engage in honest and thoughtful conversations with folks who do the same -- regardless of whether or not their opinions differ from mine. Yet you continue to try to play both sides of the fence and I'm just trying to figure out why.

You say "if we retain Bell and he is our starter I will support him and cheer on game day and not whine, moan and boo like people do with Fitz" ... yet at this moment, Bell is on the Bills roster AND the starting LT. Still, you are doing exactly what you have repeatedly bashed other posters for doing with Fitz.

But that's not all.

In two other threads you've also chimed in on Fred Jackson, stating that he's too old to rely on and how last year was essentially a blip on the radar. Not only is this wrong (Jackson has been the Bills best offensive player for the past few seasons and last year was one of the best in the LEAGUE before getting hurt), but Fred Jackson is STILL under contract and the starting RB on the roster ... yet you're not supporting him in accordance to your own rules.

So, again, it's either that you have an unbelievable man-crush on Fitz that blinds you from rationally being able to discuss his abilities, or you're not being honest about what you consider to be valid criticism and what you consider to be "haterism".

Which is it? It's a fair question that you've continued to duck.

In response to Bell (again), I think the Bills need to upgrade every position on the offensive line outside of Wood and Levitre. At the very least, the Bills need to address the lack of depth along the line. I have no problem with the Bills retaining Bell as he's shown flashes of brilliance when he's healthy -- so long as they don't overpay for him.

Anticipating a reply on this one.